Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brenden Lai discussion

word Guest

Brenden Lai discussion

Before I tell you guys what I think of him, what do you think?

bamboo_ leaf Guest
    A Sifu of the old school, very good, extremly quick and real in applacation of 7* mantis.

------------------
    enjoy life

bamboo leaf

word Guest
    I don't think that you can say he's very good. I think he's okay, not the best and not the worst. As for as application, he knows what he's doing for the most part. But his main weakness is that he uses too much power. When you use too much power , you can't be flexible wtih your technique. If you use too much power then in a fight, the strongest person wins. If you are flexible and use the right amoutn of power, then true skill will determine a fight. He also does his forms slow so it lacks smoothness and spring action. Everying is there but he needs to make the form flow.

bamboo_ leaf Guest
    your right you don't think.

------------------
    enjoy life

bamboo leaf

kookyguy Guest
    word unless you will come forward and show your skill please dont post about others thanks.

word Guest
    Bamboo,

Think? You said " YOUR RIGHT." Let me correct your grammer. It's Y O U ' R E.

Now about Brenden Lai. You don't agree with me that he uses too much power? THis is a respectful discussion about Lai. I have more respect for him than other sifus.

kookyguy Guest
    word do you even train in the arts? If so then who is your Sifu? If not then why are you posting? All I have seen from your posts are slams of well respected Sifu's. You dont need to answer me unless you want to tell us who you are untill then you will just be a troll.

MoQ Guest
    WORD you are so lacking in the basics that no one really listens to what you say. The fact is that no one with the necessary qualifications to make these judgements WOULD.

word Guest
    Lack basics my foot. You guys honestly don't have the sharp eye to see what he has NO spring action?

SifuAbel Guest
    I wasn't sure before, but now i'm positive. You are a complete moron. What's next? Bruce Lee Yelled too much or Jackie Chan has too much hair? To much power? Jeez, this is such hogwash. Next you'll say that they are all to short for kung fu or too....whatever.

word Guest
    It looks like none of you know what praying mantis spring action is. Abel can you tell me what spring action comes from? If you keep pausing then you lose that spring action. WHen you do a form, it's best not to pause. Think of it as a chain whip. It keeps going cycle after cycle. If you stop the whip, then you have to generate power again. Same thing goes for hand forms. If you stop at every movement you won't have the power cycle from the previous movement to carry onto the next. Get it moron?

SifuAbel Guest
    yawn zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz snivel on....

Sam Guest
    I would like to know if Brenden Lai knows Southern Mantis also?

[This message has been edited by Sam (edited 07-23-2000).]

loki Guest
    Word, how do you initiate your "chut sing gwat sao"? From inside out, or from outside in?

Peace

kookyguy Guest
    word you idiot Brenden Lai had a huge storke some years back its incredible he can do kung fu at all and as for you word, Well where do you train? I would love to hear what your Sifu thinks of all the **** you talk if you have a Sifu that is, And for the record I dont think you do.