Thread: New Conan (the barbarian) live action

New Conan (the barbarian) live action

http://www.angryasianman.com/2010/02...barbarian.html

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/01/21/...the-barbarian/

'At the time Momoa’s name came out as an option I noted that he had a great look for the character — he’s physically imposing, but also looks smart and calculating. He’s not just some brute, and therefore a lot closer to Robert E. Howard’s original version of the character than was Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Additionally, Latino Review is hearing that Mickey Rourke has been offered a role as Conan’s father.'

im a huge robert e howard / conan fan, im hoping that the cartoon, red nails, doesnt take away from the effect a new conan movie might be able to have. i was highly anticipating the red nails animated movie, as its one of my fav conan tales, but after seeing some of the animation, i felt a bit let down. anyhow, this is new news to me.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    hum... i'm like you in the fact that i can't see anyone else playing conan besides arnold. The really messed up Kull when Kevin sorbo played him (another barbarian type movie that was famous in comics)

I hope its not some cheese dressed down movie for kids. The conan novels were brutally bloody and dark. that's how I remember them and wish to keep remembering them.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

i had high hopes taht arnold would do another conan movie, as he said he would many years ago, of a time when conan is aged and older, such as the last books that were put together by de camp and carter.

i really wanted to see that, and i still think he should. hes the perfect age, and after being in politiking so long, hes developed those acting skills.

im conflicted on arnold, while from a film prespective he certainly secured his image as the conan, even to me. however arnold doesnt strike quite as true with the conan from howards work. i mean even the image, arnold was bulkier, while conan was big, he wasnt so bulky, often compared to a tiger, a bit leaner and superbly defined, like a wild animal although a giant in stature, he was well proportioned. he also has black hair and cobalt blue eyes, arnold is brown and brown.

in other words im wishy washy.

but ya this better not be some made for tv or kid flick. i want brutally shed blood, guts, drinking, whoring and thieving, THATS the conan i fell in love with.
    Last edited by Lucas; 02-10-2010 at 05:34 PM.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

"Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a slayer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet."
    — Robert E. Howard, The Phoenix on the Sword, 1932.