Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would LOve To Be In Vancouver This Week

Would LOve To Be In Vancouver This Week

Can't wait to how much coverage the Olympic Resistance Movement gets.....Can't wait to see if the cops start busting heads.

The whole world is watching. I'm hope those guys up there get the word out.

Now you advocate police brutality to further your agenda. Awesome.

Personally, I'd like to see a peaceful resolution, and not cops "busting heads". You get sicker and sicker by the day.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Caught most of the opening ceremonies. Was offended by the people who claimed to be indians that came out and danced a jig for all the people there. There was even some guy sitting sit to the IOC president that looked like something straight out of a cigar store. Do not these people have any pride what-so-ever?

The rest was just special effects and window dressing. I didn't quite get the fiddle/tap dance thing. I watched it with a professional dancer who just couldn't believe how bad those guys were.

Was laughing at the end when all of their technology went haywire and the torch looked all funky!
    Last edited by BoulderDawg; 02-13-2010 at 12:21 AM.

You were offended by people pretending to be Indians? Did you REAAAALLLLLY just say that?

They were natives, by the way. I guess if you think Ward Churchill is a native, then that speaks volumes about your ability to identify the real thing.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Here you go, folks... apparently the real natives didn't even realize the people were fake, and were celebrating the awesome opening ceremony... http://www.aptn.ca/
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Thank you Canada

Awesome opening ceremony... much more intimate and down to Earth than the Chinese one. Almost made me move to Vancouver. May have to settle with Seattle...
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

A few people have asked me "Well there seemed to so much support from the indians". Truth is the vast, vast majority do not agree with the actions taken by those on stage last night dancing around and looking like something from an old Roy Rogers movie.

Here's a good explanation from www.no2010.com

FAQ: I thought Natives supported the Olympic Games?

It appears as if Natives support the Olympics due to the exploitation of Native culture, as well as the efforts of Native collaborators (such as the 4 Host First Nations, which is made up of Indian Act band councils). These Native artists, business & political groups are either ignorant about what the Olympics are really about, or just plain greedy. It should be remembered that the band councils were imposed by the government as a means to control & assimilate Native peoples. They lack popular support and only exist because of government funding.
    My guess is greed. These people don't really give a dam about their brothers and sisters as long as their pockets are lined.

Also the Indians didn't create this counsel....the government did.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    You were offended by people pretending to be Indians? Did you REAAAALLLLLY just say that?

They were natives, by the way. I guess if you think Ward Churchill is a native, then that speaks volumes about your ability to identify the real thing.
    It's just so funny to watch him continue to embarrass himself.

Were these guys in Vancouver wearing Billy Jack attire, getting spray-on tans, and running around barefoot like the fake Indian from Colorado?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    My guess is greed. These people don't really give a dam about their brothers and sisters as long as their pockets are lined.
    Sounds kinda familiar, huh?

Were the guys in Vancouver stealing real Indian art and claiming it was their own like the fake Indian from Colorado did?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

To my brothers and sister in Vancouver check out the anti-military rally planned for tonight.

February 15th, 2010
    DO YOU BELIEVE IN TORTURE, WAR, AND OCCUPATION? THEFT OF INDIGENOUS LAND? THE CANADIAN GOVERNMENT DOES!

Come out and be part of an anti-war and anti-militarization moving spectacle. This event is a festive and creative demand for the Canadian government to respect and uphold human-rights, international law, the right to self-determination and civil rights. This event will also feature Gold Medal Award ceremonies for human rights violations, war mongering, and police brutality.

Meeting Point: Vancouver Art Gallery, Georgia side.

When: Monday February 15th, 2010
    Gathering at 6:00pm and leaving at 6:30pm
    Wish I could be there!

Just read an article where they say everything seems to be going wrong at these olympics........may that continue!

Seems like there may be a little cosmic justice in this world after all.

BD you consistantly provide antagonism, its your forte'. i get it. But do you have anything to say besides conspricy theories, your seething hatred for your country and blind support of Obama and his destructive policies? Your support of this pack of weirdos protesting at the Olympics, arent the Games supposed to represent all of us coming together? something the left should love. Even in the grecian era all parties agreed to put down their arms to participate in athletic events it was understood that you really defeat a man in athletic games rather then killing him. a very noble ideal. Isnt this the type of thing lefties and thier kumbaya singing be all for? then why support anarchist lunatics?

The ideal and spirit of the Olympic games are a far cry to what it has become.

Billions are being spent by Vancouver to host the games while homeless people go hungry. Games are being held on indigeous lands stolen from the rightful owners.

Also, as far as I know, not one participate has spoken out about these problems. Someone has to.

Wouldn't it be nice if this Olympics had heros like Tommie Smith and John Carlos.
    Last edited by BoulderDawg; 02-17-2010 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    The ideal and spirit of the Olympic games are a far cry to what it has become.

Billions are being spent by Vancouver to host the games while homeless people go hungry. Games are being held on indigeous lands stolen from the rightful owners.

Also, as far as I know, not one participate has spoken out about these problems. Someone has to.

Wouldn't it be nice if this Olympics had heros like Tommie Smith and John Carlos.
    The native people who welcomed them to Vancouver? Yes, they looked very upset. Why, even their own native news was commending their performance. You tend to follow fake natives anyway, so you aren't exactly credible here.

As for the homeless... think for a single second. The money spent in Vancouver pales in comparison to the dollars brought in for local businesses, and probably gave one or more of those homeless people a job due to the massive influx of people. But you don't understand a single thing about the free market, so I'm not expecting you to understand this.

You can mail this one out too. Coward.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    The native people who welcomed them to Vancouver? Yes, they looked very upset. Why, even their own native news was commending their performance. You tend to follow fake natives anyway, so you aren't exactly credible here.

As for the homeless... think for a single second. The money spent in Vancouver pales in comparison to the dollars brought in for local businesses, and probably gave one or more of those homeless people a job due to the massive influx of people. But you don't understand a single thing about the free market, so I'm not expecting you to understand this.
    Well put.

People tend to forget that when bussinesses do well, they expand and thus hire more workers. It's common sense, but sadly some people lack it.