Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just A Little Info About The US Military

Just A Little Info About The US Military

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/...,2956277.story

Anne K. Ream's recent Op-Ed sheds much needed light on how the U.S. military continues to trivialize rape and sexual assault committed by members of the armed forces. Writing about whether a man who is convicted of rape in a civilian court should still be entitled to a traditional military funeral, Ream points out that although barring full honor burials in such a situation is largely a symbolic act, "the military policy of allowing honors burials for veterans convicted of rape sends a chilling message to victims: Even the most heinous sexual violence does not trump prior military service."
    Hmmmm... so convicted rapists are afforded full military honors.....

http://www.aztlan.net/latinas_us_military_raped.htm

Rape within the U.S. Military: 1 in 3 women service members sexually assaulted at least once
    1 in 3!!!!! And no one does anything about it

NOBLESVILLE, Ind.] – Investigators say he picked out teens and young women with backgrounds that made them vulnerable to authority. As a military recruiter, he had access to personal information, making the quest easier.

Indiana National Guard Sgt. Eric P. Vetesy, 36, Westfield, was jailed Monday, accused of sexually assaulting six female recruits – most of them Noblesville High School students – he met during his 18 months as a full-time recruiter. Hamilton County investigators said Monday he is accused of raping at least one recruit.
    Not surprising

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-b...0090303zg.html

The bulk are petty offenses, but in one of the most notorious cases, a 12-year-old schoolgirl was raped and left for dead by three U.S. serviceman on the southern island of Okinawa, reluctant home to the bulk of U.S. military facilities in Japan. That 1995 crime shook the half-century alliance, sparking huge anti-US rallies and cries of "never again." The pleas were ignored: Last year a 14-year-old was sexually assaulted by a U.S. Marine, one of several similar attacks on Japanese and Filipino women.

Protests forced the U.S. military recently to set up a "sexual assault prevention unit." Opponents say, however, that the incidents are an inevitable consequence of transplanting young and often traumatized trained killers (many of the soldiers are veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars) among a local population they neither know nor respect. "There will be no peace here until the military is gone," says Okinawa anti-base campaigner Rev. Natsume Taira.

And it just keeps going...I could show many more examples of the military in action.

Isn't it time someone spoke for the victims?

Funny. I personally saw a guy go down for many MANY years for consensual sex that later became rape because she regretted having sex with him. In fact, I dare you to do a bit of research and see who is more protected... civilian or military.

And I'm also pretty sure you didn't know that the maximum penalty for rape in the military is DEATH, and I'm absolutely positive you aren't aware of mandatory sexual assault courses soldies have to take, and I also know that you don't even know the protections for rape victims in the military as opposed to the civilian world.

Only a moron would read a news article and suddenly pretend they know how the military works.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

So in his eyes rape is bad, but physically assaulting women is ok.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/07/31/military.sexabuse/

"My jaw dropped when the doctors told me that 41 percent of the female veterans seen there say they were victims of sexual assault while serving in the military," said Harman, who has long sought better protection of women in the military.
    "Twenty-nine percent say they were raped during their military service. They spoke of their continued terror, feelings of helplessness and downward spirals many of their lives have taken since.
    "We have an epidemic here," she said. "Women serving in the U.S. military today are more likely to be raped by a fellow soldier than killed by enemy fire in Iraq."
    Hmmm………I’m having trouble telling who the terrorists are here.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...n4872713.shtml

The Pentagon released a disturbing report Tuesday on sexual abuse in the military, saying that more than 2,900 sexual assaults were reported last year, up nearly 9 percent from the year before. Nearly two-thirds of the cases involved rape or aggravated assault.

The Pentagon only started a comprehensive program to track incidents in 2006, and only after Congress mandated it do so.

That year there were 2,974 cases of rape and sexual assault across the services. And of those, only 292 cases resulted in a military trial.

And in 2007 there were even fewer prosecutions.

“Of more than 2,200 servicemen investigated for sexual assault, only 181 were prosecuted?” Couric asked Dominguez.

“Yes, …….

And in a majority of cases, the punishment doesn't seem to match the crime. Often most offenders only get a reduction in rank or reduced pay.
    A reduce in pay……I guess in their twisted minds this is cheaper than going to a hooker.

http://www.commondreams.org/views05/0206-30.htm

The Marine who was caught on camera executing a wounded Iraqi prisoner in Fallujah was quickly relieved of duty, and his commanding officers promised to investigate the incident. But according to war correspondent Evan Wright, who observed similar killings when he was embedded with a Marine unit during the initial invasion of Iraq, such executions are common practice.
    "One thing military officials are not saying is that the behavior of the Marine in the video closely conforms to training that is fairly standard in some units," Wright reported recently in the Village Voice. "Marines call executing wounded combatants 'dead-checking.' "
    Wow! He kills a man and he’s “relieved of duty”…….Bet that won’t happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post

Only a moron would read a news article and suddenly pretend they know how the military works.
    Oh NO! It's the return of the "you don't understand! You didn't serve!" arguement by the angry lifer.

Next we will probably hear the "well opinions differ" defense if someone who did serve in the military agrees with an anti-military sentiment!

I'd prefer just to put it very simply. "If you serve, you are WRONG.".

If you are a lifer.. then you are making a career out of WRONG.
    "The first stage is to get the Gang( hard, solid power). every movement should be done with full power and in hard way, also need to get the twisting and wrapping power, whole body's tendon and bones need to be stretched to get the Gang( hard) power. "
    -Bi Tianzou -

Yep! Unless you're a fox you have no right to complain about the chickens dying in the henhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by dimethylsea View Post
    Oh NO! It's the return of the "you don't understand! You didn't serve!" arguement by the angry lifer.
    I don't recall Drake saying that. He stated experience he had himself has seen/had in the military though.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by dimethylsea View Post
    Drake doesn't seem to be the angry one here.....

I don't know about Drake but when I read that 41% of our females in the military are sexually assaulted I get dam angry.

Imagine, the 41% is just the number that reported the crime. One can just imagine the number of cases that go unreported.

Also if the military assaults 41% of their own fellow soldiers just imagine the attitude they have towards young girls in second and third world countries. They don't even see them as being human.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    I don't know about Drake but when I read that 41% of our females in the military are sexually assaulted I get dam angry.
    But when a guy admits to assaulting a woman, you make excuses for him.

Hypocrite