Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just One Form

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    yet nothing comes from something...
    Describe "cold"
    Kung Fu is good for you.

i would actually choose xiaohongquan as well. i practice two forms, xiaohong and dahong.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    heian shodan is best form in universe
    I disagree, I once did tekki on the beach and caused the water to open up and a bunch of ragged hebrews walked up and called me some weird name...
    Anyways...
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I disagree, I once did tekki on the beach and caused the water to open up and a bunch of ragged hebrews walked up and called me some weird name...
    Anyways...
    no no no, that was the dirty hippy swim club.

they were saying "yeah whatever"

it's different.

Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Describe "cold"
    the inflectional state of "hot"

Why isn't absolute zero colder? If absolute zero can't get colder, then cold can not be the absence of heat. So, what really is cold?
    By international agreement, absolute zero is defined as 0K on the Kelvin scale and as −273.15°C on the Celsius scale.[1] Absolute zero is also defined as 0R on the Rankine scale (similar to Kelvin but measured in Fahrenheit intervals) and −459.67° on the Fahrenheit scale.

Quote Originally Posted by kfson View Post
    Why isn't absolute zero colder? If absolute zero can't get colder, then cold can not be the absence of heat. So, what really is cold?
    By international agreement, absolute zero is defined as 0K on the Kelvin scale and as −273.15°C on the Celsius scale.[1] Absolute zero is also defined as 0R on the Rankine scale (similar to Kelvin but measured in Fahrenheit intervals) and −459.67° on the Fahrenheit scale.
    In a nutshell, science says that when particles are in motion, heat is generated; the more a particle is moving, the warmer that thing is; inversely (glad that popcorn commercial used that term) the slower a particle is moving the colder it is. Absolute zero is the closest a particle can get without ceasing to stop altogether. SO HOT AND COLD IS ALL ABOUT MOTION!

Oh, and I'm not sure what one form I would do, either Beijing 24 or Dingshibazhang, but there are so many cool forms out there...
    Last edited by Tao Of The Fist; 02-22-2010 at 03:14 PM.
    Although the changes are infinite, the principles are the same.
    - Wang Tsung Yueh

To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill.
    - Sun Tzu

Boards don't hit back.
    - Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Tao Of The Fist View Post
    In a nutshell, science says that when particles are in motion, heat is generated; the more a particle is moving, the warmer that thing is; inversely (glad that popcorn commercial used that term) the slower a particle is moving the colder it is. Absolute zero is the closest a particle can get without ceasing to stop altogether. SO HOT AND COLD IS ALL ABOUT MOTION!

Oh, and I'm not sure what one form I would do, either Beijing 24 or Dingshibazhang, but there are so many cool forms out there...
    Are you saying nothing stands still so there is always some amount of heat?

Quote Originally Posted by kfson View Post
    Are you saying nothing stands still so there is always some amount of heat?
    Well at the most basic level there is still energy at absolute zero, but not enough to transfer from one particle to another; so technically no. At least from modern sciences standpoint. No one has been able to reach absolute zero through any means, although we have gotten awfully close, so who's really to say what happens at absolute zero?

Why has KFM.com gone from Martial arts to science and politics all of a sudden (not that there's anything wrong with talking about both)? Are we all running out of ideas to talk about or all we all burnt out?
    Although the changes are infinite, the principles are the same.
    - Wang Tsung Yueh

To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill.
    - Sun Tzu

Boards don't hit back.
    - Bruce Lee