Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1/3 of Texans Stupid?

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    BTW peyote is about the most horrible tasting thing you will ever eat!!!!!!

If you can keep it down you are a Saint.....

you may refer to me as St. Scott!!!!!!
    anything that drinks the juices of dung has to taste horrible IMO.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    anything that drinks the juices of dung has to taste horrible IMO.
    I actually went out with an experienced harvester and they don't grow anywhere near dung!

Most of them grow under the chaparral beneath the fallen leaves. If you don't know where to look it is nearly impossible to find!

In a couple of hours I found about 5 and he found near 100!

huh... i always thought they grew on dung or something. learn something new everyday.
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    huh... i always thought they grew on dung or something.
    nope... peyote is the flower-pod/bud on a species of catcus(peyote) - psilocybe mushrooms are the magic mushrooms that grow on poop, though not every member of the family, some do grow on wood or in the grass... LOL... you mean you never picked some fresh shrooms, brushed the poop off and ate them in the field?!?!?!
    learn something new everyday.
    sometimes from the most unlikely sources.

you mean you never picked some fresh shrooms, brushed the poop off and ate them in the field?!?!?!
    nope can't say i have and probably won't considering factors in my life.

I think 1/3 is being a little generous.

lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

1/3 of Texans think that the "theory of evolution" is bunk, so?

Whats shocking is +50% of supposedly bright Americans voted for a 47 year old "community activist" who is worth millions despite NEVER holding a paying job, bought his Hope and Change schtick like drooling idiots watching a late night infomercial, a guy with ties to professional criminals in chicago, a junior senator with 157 days in office, no legislation with his name on it, sealed tax documents, sealed college transcripts, no experiance in the private sector, whose resume is so thin he couldnt get hired as a grocery store cashier is perfectly qualifed to be the leader of the free world.

Ive lived in Texas and Texans are some of the most honest, open minded, finest people I have ever known.

Quote Originally Posted by solo1 View Post
    1/3 of Texans think that the "theory of evolution" is bunk, so?

Whats shocking is +50% of supposedly bright Americans voted for a 47 year old "community activist" who is worth millions despite NEVER holding a paying job, bought his Hope and Change schtick like drooling idiots watching a late night infomercial, a guy with ties to professional criminals in chicago, a junior senator with 157 days in office, no legislation with his name on it, sealed tax documents, sealed college transcripts, no experiance in the private sector, whose resume is so thin he couldnt get hired as a grocery store cashier is perfectly qualifed to be the leader of the free world.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

I think working in and serving the community is perfect training for higher office.

The founding fathers never envisioned career politicians. They were thinking of farmers, craftmens and others taking time out to serve the people....to bad we no longer do that.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    The founding fathers never envisioned career politicians. They were thinking of farmers, craftmens and others taking time out to serve the people....to bad we no longer do that.
    Now we have a President whose friends bombed the Pentagon. I'm sure they never envisioned that either.

FYI, Ron Paul is a doctor who only served after he became much older. He actually got his name recognition early on due to the fact he delivered thousands of babies in his Congressional district.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Keep taking pot-shots at how stupid Bush is. It will make Obama look that much more stupid after he leaves the country worse off than it was when Bush left office.

So far our debt and unemployment are higher. He's off to a rocket start....
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

It's hard to teach evolution, when everyone one is crying foul. Most education is done with the premise that the student will buy whatever you tell them, but with evolution you really have to teach that sh!t aggressively. You can't teach it at face value you have to try to convince them.

My human ecology teacher with a master of science of I don't know what, doesn't even understand what a theory is let alone evolution.

I don't mind if they think god planned evolution or what have you, but the rest of that sh!t is just plain ignorance. I don’t think that means they are stupid so much as brainwashed.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

The teabaggers simply want to end any thoughts of teaching evolution in school at all. I remember in Georgia this was a big issue. That and the "pray in school" thing.

I did some substitute teaching for a while down there and the bible thumpers had raised such a fuss that they finally caved in to them and made the schools have a "moment of silence" each and every day.

And guess I did NOT allow pray in my class. I told the students that you were in class no more than four hours a day.....that left you 20 hours a day that you were free to pray til you were blue in the face.

Also you would simply not believe how superstitious these kids were. This was 1998-1999 and over half the kids thought the world was going to end in 2000! I'm sure the same is going on today for 2012.

I don't see anything wrong with Texans.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    I did some substitute teaching for a while...
    And we wonder why our educational system is a joke.