Alright I’m finally ready to practice kung fu. I’ve been practicing for so many years while watching movies, I want some real instruction!

Also, I have a question on kicking. I used to stretch when I first decided I wanted to be good at kicking, but then I read that my kicking idol Hwang Jang Lee (the villain in the original Drunken Master Jackie Chan movie from 1978) doesn’t do stretching because he says you will lose the snap in your kicks. Or something to that effect… So for the last couple years I’ve been just doing kicking excersises every day and never stretching. My legs feel stronger every day.

Also, is there a kung fu style that equally (or at least close to equally) focuses on arms/fists, and kicking? Or would it be good maybe to learn a kf style and then maybe learn taekwondo or karate? I want to learn both kicking and kung fu fist forms. And sorry if it looks like I don’t know what I’m talking about. I don’t know a whole lot about martial arts. The only MA I’ve ever studied was kickboxing when I was about 16. It lasted a couple of months. I only went there to fight people. Unfortunately I never concentrated on technique. Wish I would have though. But I am a different person now. I realized fighting people and trying to act tough was stupid. I don’t know what I was thinking. I was stupid, loud and obnoxious. I’m more secluded now and I try to be a good person and show everybody respect.