Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Basically, I was disrespectful to Gene, and I accept that. It had nothing to do with anything but that.

So, in the future, I'll respect his wishes and simply refer to wife-beating racist liberal psychopaths in Boulder. Since, by not naming a person, I can't possibly be insulting an individual, right?

And no... I don't threaten people over the net. It's kind of silly, really.
    The board is your

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    I banned Drake after getting complaints. I drew the line on the tea party nutbag thread . Drake crossed the line first.

Now it looks like we're back where we started. I'm getting complaints about Drake, BoulderDawg and 1bad65, mostly over these political thread flame wars. This is why I was hesitant to offer an Off Topic forum. Political discussions get heated, flame wars erupt, and it's just a bother.

So I'm drawing the line again - HERE - and this time, it's one for all and all for one. If there's more flaming from either Drake, BoulderDawg and 1bad65, they all get banned.

Now we sit and watch to see who is the suicide bomber.
    I know you don't like hear this Boss but, moderate the forums more that's all.
    When it comes to things like politics, religion and MA, things that are very personal to people, arguments get heated up, so you either allow a free for all or you moderate.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I banned Drake after getting complaints. I drew the line on the tea party nutbag thread . Drake crossed the line first.

Now it looks like we're back where we started. I'm getting complaints about Drake, BoulderDawg and 1bad65, mostly over these political thread flame wars. This is why I was hesitant to offer an Off Topic forum. Political discussions get heated, flame wars erupt, and it's just a bother.

So I'm drawing the line again - HERE - and this time, it's one for all and all for one. If there's more flaming from either Drake, BoulderDawg and 1bad65, they all get banned.

Now we sit and watch to see who is the suicide bomber.
    Gene Ching is a liberal nutbag!! Yeah!! Bring it!!

I really have to see someone about my self destructive behavior... hehehehe...
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I know you don't like hear this Boss but, moderate the forums more that's all.
    When it comes to things like politics, religion and MA, things that are very personal to people, arguments get heated up, so you either allow a free for all or you moderate.
    either way it's interesting to see people who claim mastery to become "offended"... personally i think being offended is a sign of personal insecurity and weakness and thus would get in the way of the proper martial art mindset if and when a situation arises, but what would i know.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    I really have to see someone about my self destructive behavior... hehehehe...
    sadly you are supposed to represent our armed forces... your country would expect more from you.

I've never been one to moderate that much

Actually I believe in the free for all. Remember Battle Royales in Professional Wrasslin'? I love those. That's the model I've had for this forum all along. It's only when people start complaining that so-and-so hurt their feelings when I have to respond. It's like refereeing kindergarten sparring matches sometimes...

Beyond not having the inclination to impose strict moderation, I really don't have the time. I have a magazine and website to publish, research to do, and stuff to sell to pay for it all.

Drake's right. I am a liberal nutbag.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    either way it's interesting to see people who claim mastery to become "offended"... personally i think being offended is a sign of personal insecurity and weakness and thus would get in the way of the proper martial art mindset if and when a situation arises, but what would i know.
    I have never heard anyone claim mastery of any MA here, have you?

Actually I believe in the free for all. Remember Battle Royales in Professional Wrasslin'? I love those. That's the model I've had for this forum all along. It's only when people start complaining that so-and-so hurt their feelings when I have to respond. It's like refereeing kindergarten sparring matches sometimes...

Beyond not having the inclination to impose strict moderation, I really don't have the time. I have a magazine and website to publish, research to do, and stuff to sell to pay for it all.

Drake's right. I am a liberal nutbag.
    Well, you can give some of the moderators banning powers....

BBWWWAAAHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or you can give some of us moderator powers.

I would not mind helping out brothers.....

hint hint....
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I have never heard anyone claim mastery of any MA here, have you?
    i stir the pot in order to ensure i don't burn the bottom... it does seem that too many are inclined to point out something wrong.

i stir the pot in order to ensure i don't burn the bottom... it does seem that too many are inclined to point out something wrong.
    I would like the definition of "wrong".

If the forum rules are being followed but one is still offended, for whatever reason, there is always the ignore button. Sheesh.

why does it matter what you can choose not to take personally?? who cares?? why waste your energy being offended by something?? LOL
    LOL at the stinky guy that sent me his address for a challenge match!!!
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

yeah I have been LOLed at for giving out my address and asking for people to come visit and show me their superior material.

My door is always open and always will be. Come make friends or come find out the flavor of the floor in my training hall.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    yeah I have been LOLed at for giving out my address and asking for people to come visit and show me their superior material.

My door is always open and always will be. Come make friends or come find out the flavor of the floor in my training hall.
    I'm referring to uki. His claims to moral and spiritual superiority are facades to hide his weakness.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 02-25-2010 at 11:52 AM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    His claims to moral and spiritual superiority are facades to hide his weakness.
    the master(of what) has spoken. *not important enough for a smilie*