Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: wtf?

So Gene, If I object to a thread on this board simply based on the subject matter then it's going to be immediately locked down?

Every post on the military thread was linked and documented. Why was it locked?

If this is going to be the case where threads are closed because people don't like them then let me know now.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    There is no reason to personally insult another poster simply because you don't like their views. Deal with it on an individual basis.
    If I asked you to stop using the words "teabagger" and "Biblethumper" as they are insults to people with certain political views (including myself), would you stop using those insults?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Basically, I was disrespectful to Gene, and I accept that. It had nothing to do with anything but that.

So, in the future, I'll respect his wishes and simply refer to wife-beating racist liberal psychopaths in Boulder. Since, by not naming a person, I can't possibly be insulting an individual, right?

And no... I don't threaten people over the net. It's kind of silly, really.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderDawg View Post
    So Gene, If I object to a thread on this board simply based on the subject matter then it's going to be immediately locked down?

Every post on the military thread was linked and documented. Why was it locked?

If this is going to be the case where threads are closed because people don't like them then let me know now.
    Do you ever post in this MA forum about MA ???
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

People can call me whatever they want. Will that change me? Not one bit. Will that insult me? Maybe for a second while the child in me throws a temper tantrum, then I tell the child to shut his !*&(!*%^)*!^$)*!^ arse. He understands I mean business.

Still waiting on an answer

BD, if I asked you to stop using the words "teabagger" and "Biblethumper" as they are insults to people with certain political views (including myself), would you stop using those insults?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    BD, if I asked you to stop using the words "teabagger" and "Biblethumper" as they are insults to people with certain political views (including myself), would you stop using those insults?
    Ask yourself why you are insulted.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Love.

The air we breath.

Gourmet food.

Music from the heart.

A well done days work.

A parents effort.

Man, I could go on...

politics can be applied to anything, but that doesn't mean everything is political. One must make it so.

Politics is a process by which groups of people make collective decisions.
    How does one make a decision?

breathe people...just breathe
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

Quote Originally Posted by TaichiMantis View Post
    breathe people...just breathe
    I've been insulted!

Quote Originally Posted by kfson View Post
    Ask yourself why you are insulted.
    That's not the issue. BD said he against namecalling, and he even got someone temp banned over it. So I'm asking him if he was asked to stop calling names, would he do so.

That's not the issue. BD said he against namecalling, and he even got someone temp banned over it. So I'm asking him if he was asked to stop calling names, would he do so.
    Well..you know the old saying... "The *****y wheel gets the grease"

Or is that how it went?
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by kfson View Post
    I've noticed some people are here to get other's goats. In a way, this is justifiable because it exposes one of "your" martial art's weakness. If you can master the "Goat Getter" technique, you are miles ahead.
    You, mister, are an idiot, a fool, a jackarse... shut your yapper for once in your life!

why does it matter what you can choose not to take personally?? who cares?? why waste your energy being offended by something?? LOL

Maybe I should just ban everyone...

I banned Drake after getting complaints. I drew the line on the tea party nutbag thread . Drake crossed the line first.

Now it looks like we're back where we started. I'm getting complaints about Drake, BoulderDawg and 1bad65, mostly over these political thread flame wars. This is why I was hesitant to offer an Off Topic forum. Political discussions get heated, flame wars erupt, and it's just a bother.

So I'm drawing the line again - HERE - and this time, it's one for all and all for one. If there's more flaming from either Drake, BoulderDawg and 1bad65, they all get banned.

Now we sit and watch to see who is the suicide bomber.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart