Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    I'm referring to uki. His claims to moral and spiritual superiority are facades to hide his weakness.
    OOOOOOOH... the mod flamed someone... I'm tellin'!!!!

Seriously...if you PMed Gene instead of bringing your problem to my "face", then you are a coward. And since I didn't specify a person, it technically isn't a flame, according to this forum.

Again, this isn't an attack. This is just me expressing my disappointment.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Again, this isn't an attack. This is just me expressing my disappointment.
    did you check and see if your disappointment might first offend someone else?? how selfish of you.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    did you check and see if your disappointment might first offend someone else?? how selfish of you.
    You are so cruel!

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post

Them being offended offends me.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Moderators do have banning powers...

...our mods just need to pass it by me first. But if you want someone banned, sanjuro_ronin, just let me know and we'll put together a case for it.

The thing about banning is it's just a token gesture. It's quite easy to get around a ban. And there are special cases, like Drake for example. Ordinarily, when I ban someone, I'll ban the whole IP. This way I'll pick up any secondary accounts. However, Drake has a military account, so his IP has nearly three dozen users on our forum. There's no easy way to tell if all those users are all Drake or some of his comrades in arms.

Now personally, as an American publisher, I'm not one to censor anyone. I support freedom of speech (and if you need an example, I'll just point to uki ). Of course, there's defamation and privacy issues, which is always a slippery slope on the web. We're seeing a precedent case being played out right now with Google in Italy. The web is a new frontier, so tread warily, or just don't get too attached to it.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by kfson View Post
    You are so cruel!
    And offensive!
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Gene,
    Where do we draw the line? It can't be personal attacks alone, because the other forums are rife with them. Considering that banning is the result, it might help if we had clear cut guidelines on what is bannable, or else this forum is going to start getting reeaaaaaal quiet.

And don't worry... I don't do the multiple account thing. Only Sifu Dave Ross does that! OOOOOH!!!!
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    And offensive!
    I also don't like people who don't bath.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    ...our mods just need to pass it by me first. But if you want someone banned, sanjuro_ronin, just let me know and we'll put together a case for it.

The thing about banning is it's just a token gesture. It's quite easy to get around a ban. And there are special cases, like Drake for example. Ordinarily, when I ban someone, I'll ban the whole IP. This way I'll pick up any secondary accounts. However, Drake has a military account, so his IP has nearly three dozen users on our forum. There's no easy way to tell if all those users are all Drake or some of his comrades in arms.

Now personally, as an American publisher, I'm not one to censor anyone. I support freedom of speech (and if you need an example, I'll just point to uki ). Of course, there's defamation and privacy issues, which is always a slippery slope on the web. We're seeing a precedent case being played out right now with Google in Italy. The web is a new frontier, so tread warily, or just don't get too attached to it.
    Oh I don't agree with banning anyone, yes even HW8, LOL !
    Personally I like when raving lunatics talk, it shows how mad they are !
    LOL !
    But, if a person is disruptive and doesn't contribute to the forum or makes every thread they post in a personal drama because of their inborn inferiority complex then I think banning is justified.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

That, sanjuro_ronin, is why you're a mod

I share exactly the same sentiments. Basically, I draw the line when there's a flame war or a legal action.

Take uki for example. We all bust his chops about not bathing, being a druggy nutjob, what have you, but he rolls with it. He's not offended because he knows it's only other nutjobs on a web forum.

I've got our submission deadline right now, as well as a visiting master in the house that I need to interview in an hour. I'm reviewing his rather extensive background material which I just received. So forgive me if I can't fully invest in this conversation at this time. I'll be more free later on in the day.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

good luck with that brother!
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Mr. GeneChing should be honored for his patience with the patients.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    Take uki for example. We all bust his chops about not bathing, being a druggy nutjob, what have you, but he rolls with it. He's not offended because he knows it's only other nutjobs on a web forum.
    haha as much as I bust on uki, I like the guy, he sticks to his guns but has enough bend when it is needed. I actually like pretty much everyone on here, except one, but I'll not bring that here.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Said this in another thread, but if you were on the street, and a barking person who every reasonable person just walks past screams about Blavatsky and Hitler secretly running the fed, and you get in a two hour screaming match with them in front of someone else's store, the police cart you both away. Only on the internet are you hailed as a hero for the same thing.

If half the forum would have to go because of not being able to resist arguing with one nutty member, they can't possibly be the good half.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Elbows View Post
    Said this in another thread, but if you were on the street, and a barking person who every reasonable person just walks past screams about Blavatsky and Hitler secretly running the fed,D
    LOL, lumping Blavatsky tog w/Hitler!!!! Would Steiner be the moderator for that panel discussion? HAR!