Thread: iron palm training and laogong damage

iron palm training and laogong damage

Hey,

Trying to gather some information about internal iron palm training, I have been hitting a rice bag for a few weeks now, want to make sure that I do not damage the laogong point on my hand.
    If anyone can pass on some information on this subject, would be greatly appreciated, private message is ok too.

cheers
    Khuen wai kung zi phoon, kung wai khuen zi phoor

theres this guy on here named dale dugas he should be helpful with this as hes supposed to be teh man when it comes to the chinese ip training

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by deeperthantao View Post
    Hey,

Trying to gather some information about internal iron palm training, I have been hitting a rice bag for a few weeks now, want to make sure that I do not damage the laogong point on my hand.
    If anyone can pass on some information on this subject, would be greatly appreciated, private message is ok too.

cheers

the laogong or bubbling well should not be a problem in this practice.

what family are you doing? a rice bag isn't the usual starting point.

so here's some simple tips on Iron Palm:

a) Make sure you are being guided by an experienced teacher who has done same.

b) ask to feel his hands, if they are coarse, he may use direct method which in the long run = no good for your hands

c) medicine! you must use dit da jow throughout the process

d) 100 days no sex no masturbation, retain retain retain

e) mung bean / river stone / shot is the progression typically

Finally, one of the members here Dale Dugas has what are touted as some of the best dit da recipes and though I have not tried them, it is only because I have not needed them. However, everything is proper and in place in that regards with his formulae. Check him out.

If you don't have a teacher, stop. Seriously.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    d) 100 days no sex no masturbation, retain retain retain
    Let the wet dreams begin!
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

deeperthantao,

The first thing I would consider in iron palm training is, "What is my goal?". Are you interested in iron palm for demonstrations of block breaking? Are you interested in iron palm training for self-defense?

Remember that breaking things for flashy demonstrations shows the ability to break "things", but not necessarily people. The purpose of iron palm training is to develop the ability to damage internal organs with palm strikes. This has little to do with block breaking. I know strongmen with no martial arts training and who have never used dit da jow that can break blocks through strength alone.

The above descriptions of training are correct. Though I must admit that I have practiced iron palm training for years, yet haven't practiced abstinence since the late 70's.

As important to iron palm training as the physical striking of a bag is the associated qigong exercises. Without the qigong you will never learn the internal side of iron palm that you mentioned. Though you will still be able to break blocks if that is all you want.

Good luck with your training! Slow and consistent practice is the best method. Rice is fine as a starter, I started with sand and worked my way up. Heck, a phone book will work if that is all one has. However, as stated the most common starting medium according to prominent teachers is mung beans. Considerable self-defense ability can be attained with only beans. Though you may need to toughen the hands more for a flashy demonstration.

Richard
    Last edited by mooyingmantis; 02-24-2010 at 06:40 PM.

deeper than tao,

Richard is right, more important than the tapping exercises associated with Iron Palm training, the medicine and Qi Gong are actually far more important IMHO.

You want to make sure you have learned some of the qi qong exercises that insure you will not have any damage to the channels while training your hand(s).

Feel free to ask me here or off forum if you prefer.

Let me know how I can be of service.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

are there any specific qigong exercises recommended for IP training? or will any do? how about 8 sections brocade?

There are specific exercises that are taught, with specific images and intentions.

generic qi gong is not really designed for that.

Baduanjin would be a good warm up.

I teach these exercises to those interested.

As someone who has used Dale's Tiger Exits The Forest Injury Dit Da Jow, I can definitely say that his liniments are some of the strongest and most effective I've used. I was able to heal a lower back injury in under a month that I thought would have me debilitated for a good 6 months at least. Dale's been training Iron Palm and learning about herbalism for longer than some folks have even been doing martial arts and he definitely knows his stuff...
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

Brother T,

Glad I could be of service to you.

Quote Originally Posted by cerebus View Post
    As someone who has used Dale's Tiger Exits The Forest Injury Dit Da Jow, I can definitely say that his liniments are some of the strongest and most effective I've used. I was able to heal a lower back injury in under a month that I thought would have me debilitated for a good 6 months at least. Dale's been training Iron Palm and learning about herbalism for longer than some folks have even been doing martial arts and he definitely knows his stuff...
    Here, here !
    His Ip stuff is top level, in all the years I have been using it, it has never let me down.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Thank you brothers!

I am glad I could be of service to you and to anyone who is seeking help with herbs and Iron Skills.

Wow!!!!

I thought that I was the ONLY person who knew about striking phone books. I really think that they are the best. Many years ago, I once got six shrink wrapped stacks for my practice. What I enjoyed about their use was that there was minimal shock return. Much of the strike was absorbed by the stack.

My world is now a little bigger.

Thank you, mooyingmantis!

mickey