Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: inspiration from nature

hahaha, I just noticed that.

I've only tended fish in having a fish tank once before. That was fun. But I have been to a few fisheries. On what I was talking about, fishing is awesome.

Fishing while doing standing chi gung is pretty daamned important if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    an abattoir
    Had to look that one up, merci.

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    I was thinking the following:

"Heaven and Earth are ruthless, and treat the ten thousand things like straw dogs."

That's catchy; I like it; I'm gonna copyright and market that.
    Just steal it from the Canook and publish a short and concise treatise with little ditties like that. You know ones that don't really say anything of value, but with just enough vague nonsense to make people argue about what you meant for a couple of thousand years! Then some people will form silly philosophies around it and others will make exercises where they have to breathe a lot and lift heavy weights with their testicles and labias, and others will make really really really slow moving fighting thingies from it that they think makes them invincible warriors while others make a fighting thingy where they walk around and around and around and around and around in circles for days upon days upon days upon days, and they will be invincible warriors too and the circle invincible warriors will fight the slow moving invincible warriors and they will fight each other to see who is the real invincible warrior and it won’t make any sense except to the really really slow moving ones and walking around and around and around ones and then we could make some lines ohhhhh I don’t know…..maybe 6 of them piled on top of each other and some can be straight lines and some are broken in two and we can configure them in maybe 8 or 16 or 32 or maybe even 64 different kinds and we can assign different arbitrary meanings to each one and we will put them in a book and then people will buy some pick-up sticks or pixy sticks or drinking straws or milfoil or something and throw them on the ground and how they end up will determine which of the 64 little groups of lines it represents and they can conform their lives according those little straws on the ground….we can find millions of millions of things to do with your little book of ditties……

Yeah I think your little idea has the power to change the world and the way people think and how they furnish their homes and offices and how they exercise and breathe and eat, and things like that…..wow you are really really smart!!!!!!

I'd buy, read it, and then pretend I am an expert on it on some martial arts BB!!!!

Then we could be come vicarious friends based upon some weird and strange coincidences and I end up killing you in some horrible and bloody manner, and you will become some kind of mystical saint and everyone will say you didn’t really die you just rode a heifer out into heaven on a dragon or some such nonsense and even though I can show them your pickled head in a jar they won’t believe it is you, and they will worship you like a god, but you and I will know the real truth cuz I have your pickled head in a jar and you talk to me and stuff, and oh wait I am thinking of Futurama now, but it might still work anyway and we will laugh at them all for thinking silly thoughts cuz you made it all up off the top of your head, but no one will believe us even though I have your pickled head as proof!!!!!!!!!

Good idea huh?????
    Last edited by Scott R. Brown; 02-26-2010 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TAO YIN View Post
    David,

*snip*

Out of the jobs that you mentioned, which one did you like most and why?
    Abattoir. For the boners of course.

Just kidding. It's a sick joke. sick, sick...anyway...

Grain farming.
    Learned the most about the vehicles, cycles, seasons, variety, ag in general, etc.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

When I lived in the Mtns I was always inspired by nature.

It was all around me, and you really do become connected to it when you live in the midst of it and truely see how insigificant you are compaired to it.

And the woods made an awesome training partner when you had no one else around. Uneven terrain to practice stances and footwork, rock climbing, running and hiking to build endurance, and dead Aspen groves to work on your Iron shin and forearm conditioning.

That is one thing I really miss now that I live in the city, the disconnection I feel with the natural world now.

I own a number of acres, and have been retired since 1992, and I do some farming. I raise quail, chickens, pheasants for eggs and meat. Goats that I milk and occasionally eat when thinning the flock. I drink goats milk, but make cheese from some of it. I put in a vegetable garden each year, canning such things as tomatoes and pickles. I have fruit trees and I also have grapes and blackberries that I use to make wines. You are allowed to make a certain amount of wine for personal consumption yearly. And I love to fish. I have a small boat and a large boat, I fish with rod and reel as well as fishing with trot lines and jugs. I live on a large lake and I catch and eat a large amount of freshwater fish. I am also a Master Falconer, and I hunt large game with bow and arrow. I love the natural world and I try to live in it as much as I possibly can.

Traversing the swirling masses of the 'heard' as I ply my way back and forth on the black pathways I follow daily going out to harvest the resources to feed the family.

Eating the bounty of the sea and the land, masterfully prepared by the hand of experts, and delivered to my table by beautiful virgins (a bloke can imagine, right?).

Drinking exotic brews resulting from centuries of experience, and bottled and preserved by armies of dedicated individuals.

Standing amongst the throng of my semi-naked brothers and sisters, as the ocean crashes and slides up and back across the sand.

Laying on the grass, under the stars and gum trees, amongst hundreds of my tribe, watching flickering lights on a massive canvas in the ritual known as 'midnight movies in the park".

Ahhhh, nature, I love it like I love life itself...
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    Traversing the swirling masses of the 'heard' as I ply my way back and forth on the black pathways I follow daily going out to harvest the resources to feed the family.

Eating the bounty of the sea and the land, masterfully prepared by the hand of experts, and delivered to my table by beautiful virgins (a bloke can imagine, right?).

Drinking exotic brews resulting from centuries of experience, and bottled and preserved by armies of dedicated individuals.

Standing amongst the throng of my semi-naked brothers and sisters, as the ocean crashes and slides up and back across the sand.

Laying on the grass, under the stars and gum trees, amongst hundreds of my tribe, watching flickering lights on a massive canvas in the ritual known as 'midnight movies in the park".

Ahhhh, nature, I love it like I love life itself...
    wait a minute, midnight movies are nature?

hmmn...i may change my opinion on the evil heartless and cruel biatch that nature is...
    Kung Fu is good for you.