Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kicking Shoes For MMA?

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleWCGuy View Post
    You make it sound like having a post moved is punishment rather than the helpful courtesy that it is. If you put a post in the wrong place, it won't get as many responses because people won't know where to look.
    oh i get it now i thought it was punishment LOL, i'll get the hang of it oneday.

I've heard of a guy who tied his opponent's shoelaces of his wrestling boots together while they were wrestling.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    I've heard of a guy who tied his opponent's shoelaces of his wrestling boots together while they were wrestling.
    Are you serious? That is comedic.

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    Ankle and leg locks aren't fundamentals in BJJ but they seem to come up often enough. Any reasonably good purple belt will have a decent knowledge of leg and foot locks. There have been plenty of good leg/footlockers in MMA, and I wouldn't say Sambo necessarily has had a "greater" influence on MMA over time.

Getting back to shoes, it seems to me that most Sambo competitors wear them, not that I've watched a lot of Sambo. Not sure if it is a requirement or not, though it certainly would make footlocks easier.
    yep i think most BJJ (even those no gi schools) like guys to have a solid fundermental game before messing around with leglocks. Schools that introduce leglocks too early tend to have cr*p guard passing abilities and a not too tight top game and reply on the leg locks much to much, which is bad in grappling and even worse in an MMA setting.. I also agree with the Sambo comment, its been around for decades if it was going to make bid inroads in MMA it would have done so by now.

yep i think most BJJ (even those no gi schools) like guys to have a solid fundermental game before messing around with leglocks. Schools that introduce leglocks too early tend to have cr*p guard passing abilities and a not too tight top game and reply on the leg locks much to much, which is bad in grappling and even worse in an MMA setting..
    That's been my experience too. I was actively discouraged from trying footlocks in rolling as a white belt for those reasons ("No! Learn to PASSS THE GUARD!"). However in my school the higher blue belts are expected to have good knowledge of straight ankle locks and leglock defense (legal in comps at blue belt as well), and purples to be proficient with kneebars and some twisting footlocks.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!