Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wing Chun and Tai Chi Chuan

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    why wasting time outside the stadium?
    Because no be sheep......like henrik who follow blindly like lemming go off cliff to doom! can't think for self only copy phony sifus sayings and sutra sayings not understood!

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Get Stuck in the wall between two doors is the worse one wants to get into,
    Not understanding Yin-Yang principle life......life confrontations makes one challenge and grow but stupid sheep bang head between doors with no sense and show no understanding, ha ha!

don't know silent not silent is non-silent silence, but jabbers like old woman without teeth and slobber on self too, ha ha!!

Confrontation make dimwit show true foolishness and show talking nonsense all the time, but no say a smart thing, ha ha!

sayings reply always and reveal weakness to cat, like cat tease with mouse with no anger just play with mouse for fun and laugh at stupid mouse, ha ha!

sign not in tao if cat/tao nature can't understand.....cannot accept cat nature of play with mouse show ignorant and not know tao at all, ha ha!

poor henrik is stupid mouse not smart but think is cat but only stupid old woman mouse jabbering and drooling all over self, ha ha!

cat say to hendrik, thanks for playing you really stupid and fun stupid mouse with you, ha ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Because no be sheep......like henrik who follow blindly like lemming go off cliff to doom! can't think for self only copy phony sifus sayings and sutra sayings not understood!

Not understanding Yin-Yang principle life......life confrontations makes one challenge and grow but stupid sheep bang head between doors with no sense and show no understanding, ha ha!

don't know silent not silent is non-silent silence, but jabbers like old woman without teeth and slobber on self too, ha ha!!

Confrontation make dimwit show true foolishness and show talking nonsense all the time, but no say a smart thing, ha ha!

sayings reply always and reveal weakness to cat, like cat tease with mouse with no anger just play with mouse for fun and laugh at stupid mouse, ha ha!

sign not in tao if cat/tao nature can't understand.....cannot accept cat nature of play with mouse show ignorant and not know tao at all, ha ha!

poor henrik is stupid mouse not smart but think is cat but only stupid old woman mouse jabbering and drooling all over self, ha ha!

cat say to hendrik, thanks for playing you really stupid and fun stupid mouse with you, ha ha!
    Scott R. Brown ... you one sh$$t funny man, me sitting in front monitor eat food with pee in seat of pants ...

If learning Tai Chi actually does improve your Wing Chun, that only proves there was something wrong with your performance of Wing Chun.

People will swear up and down that it isn't true...but it is...and it's nothing to be embarrassed about either. Correcting one's mistakes is a good thing, by whatever means, isn't it?

There are a hundred different valid reasons to take up Tai Chi. Among them are "I want to learn it for its own sake," and "My WC teacher has exhausted their knowledge and has nothing more to teach."

So go ahead and do it. Just don't think that you can keep them separate, or that there is no additional cost involved with learning multiple arts at once.

P.S. If a student ignored my instructions, or failed to practice sufficiently to understand them, and then decided to simultaneously take up a second martial art "to cover the gaps and flaws" in my teaching...I would have to consider throwing them out of class, for wasting my precious time.
    Last edited by MartialDev; 03-10-2010 at 06:00 PM.

If learning Tai Chi actually does improve your Wing Chun, that only proves there was something wrong with your performance of Wing Chun.
    Improvement means to make better, not correct mistakes.
    I can be doing something correct, but still be able to do it better.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Improvement means to make better, not correct mistakes.
    I can be doing something correct, but still be able to do it better.
    I don't like the term "correct" and I don't think it really applies to MAs. That implies there is some objective standard (usuallu what sifu sez), and that simply isn't the case with open skills. In psycho-motor development, they talk about skill being the ability to bring about a desired result (perform a task) with max certainty and min time/effort. Nothing about doing it "correctly."

So instead of looking at things from a correct/incorrect perspective, I think it more useful to look at thing from a skill-perspective, i.e., are you able to DO it successfully? Can you increase your success rate and/or further minimize the time it takes or the effort you need?

Quote Originally Posted by t_niehoff View Post
    I don't like the term "correct" and I don't think it really applies to MAs. That implies there is some objective standard (usuallu what sifu sez), and that simply isn't the case with open skills. In psycho-motor development, they talk about skill being the ability to bring about a desired result (perform a task) with max certainty and min time/effort. Nothing about doing it "correctly."

So instead of looking at things from a correct/incorrect perspective, I think it more useful to look at thing from a skill-perspective, i.e., are you able to DO it successfully? Can you increase your success rate and/or further minimize the time it takes or the effort you need?
    but you have to learn correctly to perform correctly.

its alright fighting p!ssed up street fighters with lax skills, but you've got to be sharp when someone knows something