Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bak mei?

Quote Originally Posted by TAO YIN View Post
    LMFAO!!!

Doo studied in HK with you lots hero, CLC. If he also did with WW, then fine. Great for him.
    He told you this? My, what a surprise.

He also got the secret of smoking fingers from him too, I bet. And the 5 finger heart exploding hand? How about the bit where he showed CLC some of his secret family fu, and that is how he created Sub Baat?

I've heard it all, and I don't believe a single word of it. You're in an unlucky position.

Regardless of what you hope, that sad truth remains, you are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Ah well, Yum Cha,

No, he didn't tell me this. I don't know the man. I don't study or practice Bak Fu Pai or Bak Mei Pai for that matter. I follow the internal Yau Kung Mun from Tiat Yun and BJJ, only. That doesn't mean that I can't read and research. For the sake of modern historical study, let's let all the cats out of the bags...

Isn't Doo-- Wilkie Wu anyways? Wasn't that the story here about 8 years back or so? That his real name was Wilkie Wu, and that after some triad nastyness, his wife and child got killed, and he fled to America??? This was the story spouted about 8 years back. Good story until everyone realizes, or had realized, that Wilkie Wu was and is a real person living in Canada, who never fled Canada...

I digress...

Wasn't it Wai's father who studied at the same temple as CLC? Who knows? All hearsay until someone comes up with concrete evidence. Wasn't it CLC who studied at that temple? Who knows? All hearsay until someone comes up with concrete evidence.

Did Wai study with CLC in Hong Kong? Who knows? All hearsay until someone comes up with concrete evidence. CLC would have been 70 or so when Doo went there. But, many people for back then to now have said yes on both sides apparently... If you really want to know, (which I don't), take CBL a picture and see how he reacts. Seriously, see how he psychologically reacts...

But, why would CBF and CBL call Doo Wai, which they did according to most involved apparently (No I wasn't there), and ask him not to call what he was teaching in his $$$ videotape, Bak Mei? Why would they even know who he was??? That was the case according to most on both sides. That was back in the late 80s mind you, not the late 50s.

If you go to Guangzhou and ask people, they don't know. If you go to Foshan and ask people, they don't know too. If you go to Hong Kong and ask people, they will just say no, or they don't know too....

The point here, is that noone who really knows about these things ever says ANYTHING about it. I'm talking people who were alive then, training in the 50s and 60s.

Me questioning in any of this has nothing to do with what Chinese Kung Fu men say about each other and their lineages. I couldn't give a shiit about all of that because I know how important lineage, legend, and mah jong is to Chinese Kung Fu men. I couldn't give a shiit who studied with who, for how long, and all of that other useless Bullshiit.

My questioning is more physical if you will. AND my question is,

WHY WOULD DOO WAI KNOW EVERY BAK MEI FORM AND JONG JUST AS IT WAS TAUGHT IN HONG KONG AT THAT TIME??? WHY??? More importantly, HOW???
    Last edited by TAO YIN; 03-04-2010 at 05:52 PM.

If you choose to believe, pay your money and take your chances.

Its not about 'politics' its about Buyer Beware. Plain and simple.
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Are you talking to me or everyone? Because me personally...I am not buying ANYTHING without bargaining (lived in China too long), and if I am talking to a Chinese Kung Fu Man Sifu...I'll bargain and ask them all kinds of nasty little questions, in their own language no less. This usually gets "them" to walk the other way quickly, (especially the language bit), and fumble around in their pockets for half a dozen smokes (glad I quit)...

The question stays,

Why would Wai have complete knowledge and understanding of the entire Bak Mei system???

Was he the first home video student of Bak Mei back in the days or some shiit? hehehe!

Didn't this start out about Pak Mei? Or have I picked up the wrong magazine again?

1) Doo Wai is a joke.
    2) Yau Kung is a joke.
    3) Being able to speak Chinese is as necessary to understand Chinese boxing as quadratic equations are to an earthworm.
    4) Cats dont get into bags unless someone puts them in there in the first place
    5) This is probably all stuff I 'heard'.

Lai See,

What? Yau Kung is a joke now? Please, please explain that one. Har Hon Hung wasn't a student of CLC? He wasn't a student of Tiat Yun? Seriously, please explain this to me.

About the other bit, I'll wait until my question is answered, which is won't be.

Back home in Atlanta, GA, USA, after living in Singapore
    ...SNIP...
    I couldn't give a shiit about all of that because I know how important lineage, legend, and mah jong is to Chinese Kung Fu men. I couldn't give a shiit who studied with who, for how long, and all of that other useless Bullshiit.
    ...SNIP...
    Mahjong is not useless Bullshiit. :P

I have no clue about this stuff, however I had to quote this one simply for the mahjong factor. Sorry, just a lover of tcma + mahjong & to see mj dropped in was like heaven :P
    Yes, "Northwind" is my internet alias used for years that has lots to do with my main style, as well as other lil cool things - it just works. Wanna know my name? Ask me

http://www.pathsatlanta.org

You are right, Mah Jong is cool. I like Mah Jong and dumb fark talk, not Mah Jong and "no it goes this way because I am the original bad arse," talk. That usually just makes me want to throw the pieces at whoever said it then turn the table over on them...You see how it gets out of hand?

Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    I read the headlines but had no idea to care, now I'm putting full time all my free time into Bak Mei yall really need to give me the page by page details on the genesis of doo wai and one J. Lacey.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Tosserha.../2/gw4pasFPfUY

lmao
    Sigung is not PMPai, he's the head of Bak Fu Pai. Bak Fu Pai is a family style that has been kept within the family for years and has been taught to a few people outside the family. Of course, taking into consideration how many people have studied a style like Lung Ying or Pak Mei. Bak Fu Pai is similar to Pak Mei, just as Pak Mei is to Lung Ying. There short hand styles! Comparing PM to BFP is almost like comparing Chu Gar Gao and Jook Lum. Same hands, different energies. One style is know for it's geng ging and the other for it's Yau Kung. Geng Ging is but the beginning for us in Bak Fu. Same is true is YKM!

Don't judge Sigung by a guy who isn't even his student. Sigung has a clip of him on youtube doing jikbo back in the days. He's actually training the energy form, as the Pak Mei he has is called Hung Mo/ErMei Bak Mei and every routine has a fighting form, chi gung form and a endurance form.

Bless,

Buby

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    I thought it might be Futsan Pak Mei.

There is no Doo Wai lineage of Pak Mei.

It is total fabricated crap unrelated to Pak Mei other than what he learned in a few months from Wilkie Wu in Vancouver. The video demonstrates no understanding of pak mei, simply a mimic of some superficial movement. It is completely different to Jik Bo from real pak mei. Just to be clear on that point. There is no Doo Wai Pak Mei.

But, feel free to call it "white tiger", I'm fine with that.
    Yummy,

You know better then that! The student in the vid. is a Lacey student and not a Doo Wai student. Shhhh, Lacey aint even todai to Doo Wai.

Why don't you put up a clip of yourself, so we can see what real Pak Mei looks like.

Thanks,

Buby

Buby

Lai See,

What? Yau Kung is a joke now? Please, please explain that one. Har Hon Hung wasn't a student of CLC? He wasn't a student of Tiat Yun? Seriously, please explain this to me.

About the other bit, I'll wait until my question is answered, which is won't be.
    Stay waiting Bro, cause I doubt you'll get an answer.

Bless,

Buby

Bro, How goes it?

Yep, I guess that I am going to have to wait for any rational responses. Oh well, it's Friday!

Take care

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
    Sigung is not PMPai, he's the head of Bak Fu Pai. Bak Fu Pai is a family style that has been kept within the family for years and has been taught to a few people outside the family. Of course, taking into consideration how many people have studied a style like Lung Ying or Pak Mei. Bak Fu Pai is similar to Pak Mei, just as Pak Mei is to Lung Ying. There short hand styles! Comparing PM to BFP is almost like comparing Chu Gar Gao and Jook Lum. Same hands, different energies. One style is know for it's geng ging and the other for it's Yau Kung. Geng Ging is but the beginning for us in Bak Fu. Same is true is YKM!

Don't judge Sigung by a guy who isn't even his student. Sigung has a clip of him on youtube doing jikbo back in the days. He's actually training the energy form, as the Pak Mei he has is called Hung Mo/ErMei Bak Mei and every routine has a fighting form, chi gung form and a endurance form.

Bless,

Buby
    Sigung? I see your video sifu Garry is still associated with Doo Wai.

As you referred to the Doo Wai jik bo clip, and apparently consider yourself a Bak Fu Pai practitioner (via video?), perhaps you can answer these questions:

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    With regards to Lama Pai Sifu's comment about Bak Fu Pai and it's appearance as "sloppy" Bak Mei, these two clips seem to support his contention.

Bak Fu Pai (beginning at the 1:20 or so mark):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s--J4EihtM

Bak Mei Jik Bo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccUjuaGTllQ

The movements are identical and in the same sequence. Could it be that Bak Fu Pai is simply renamed Bak Mei? Perhaps Doo Wai decided to create a new style from Bak Mei, giving it a secret history, as he couldn't compete with higher generation Bak Mei teachers (such as Chin D'or). Such things have been known to happen in the past. Please note, this is a supposition, but the lack of a verifiable lineage, as well as the pronounced similarities to Bak Mei, make it a legitimate line of inquiry.
    Now, as that is out of the way, please feel free to address my supposition re: the relationship between Bak Fu Pai and Bak Mei. I would also appreciate some comments regarding the following.

From a 1990 article in Ancient Sets of Kung Fu, authored by GM Doo Wai:

"Bok Fu Pai (White Tiger) Kung Fu, has been conserved in a most traditional way, it was handed down from father to son until now. From Fung Doe Duk, the secret of White Tiger Kung Fu was passed to Kwong Wai Jung, then to Jok Wan Jung, then to Yee Too Jung then to Wou Shan Jie, a monk whom in exchange for food and lodging taught the White Tiger System to Doo Kow, whom in turn passed it down to his son the present head of the system, Grandmaster Doo Wai.
    In 1968 Grandmaster Doo Wai came to the United States, settling on the West Coast where he still resides and teaches but a few privately."

In Bak Mei's lineage, Kwong Wai learned from Bak Mei and, in turn, taught Juk Fat Wan. If Bak Fu Pai is separate from Bak Mei, why are these two in it's lineage? In addition this would seem to contradict lineage trees on other Bak Fu Pai websites that list Doo Tin Yin as having learned from Fung Doe Duk. I hope that you, or Dr. Harout, can clear up this inconsistency.

Also, I was hoping you or Dr. Harout would address the similarities (i.e. how they are almost identical) between Bak Fu Pai's Chum Bo Kuen and Bak Mei's Jik Bo Kuen (please see my first post on page 13 of this thread for a visual aid).

Thank you, in advance, for your replies.
    I never did get any answers during that whole donny brook.

Sigung? I see your video sifu Garry is still associated with Doo Wai.

As you referred to the Doo Wai jik bo clip, and apparently consider yourself a Bak Fu Pai practitioner (via video?), perhaps you can answer these questions:

I never did get any answers during that whole donny brook.
    RC,

I'm leaving work, but will answer the questions to the best of my ability as soon as I get home.

Nah Bro, I'm no longer a vid. student. I thought you would know that by now.

If you don't mind me asking, are you in NYC?

Buby

Reality Check,

Maybe you can answer my question since you seem to know:

Why would Wai have complete knowledge and understanding of the entire Bak Mei system???