Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Bak mei?

Quote Originally Posted by Fung Ngan View Post
    Depends what you would like to know about Pak Mei.

Personally I favor: Pak Mei Kungfu - The Myth & the Martial arts by S.L. Fung and in Chinese the book of Pak Mei Boxing by ZhiZui Wong (内家勁功白眉拳 - 黃志軍).
    A must have is most possible Pak Mei Kungfu of H.B. Un.

Links? Of course ours ...(www.pakmeipai.nl)
    any and all man, any and all... any line, any country, any language etc etc... i am looking at all bak mei info i can get my hands on...

oh i meant links for downloading books
    thanx for those titles...

jie kon sieuw, nice... ive been all over that site ever since i found it... i like the flash... esspecially with the lineage in hakka pinyin and cantonese... its a nice map tho... aesthetically i mean... somebody put some real time into that site forsure... is there anywhere i can see some video on any of the forms? even if its just the first few...??? how far into the program are you?

thanx again...

Syn7,

The webmaster at the Dutch Pak Mei site is too modest.

They have undoubtedly the best web resource going.

They list all the articles, books and videos that are or were available.

They also have the best catalogue of worldwide Pak Mei sites as well.

Top effort guys!
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

http://www.pakmei.de has also a decent list of books and articles; and also a link to a "Mang Fu Chu Lum"-video in the video section.
    Last edited by Vince; 09-01-2010 at 02:45 AM.

Anyone seen CLC's fierce tiger exits cave form? I can only find a few pic's of my sigung posing tiger claws from it on the Vancouver webpage. You have to get good at the basic forms on both sides before you can do GBT with proper power wich takes like 3-5 years...our best guy is ten years in demoed ten elements form and said he hasn't even thought about attempting to learn the fierce tiger set and dude is quick as hell plus pretty buff would be a good ring fighter with his build...anyway, have yall seen it n have any pics, does Guangzhou and Foshan have this set?.

"Ferocious Tiger Exits Forest"

Quote Originally Posted by Syn7 View Post
    "Ferocious Tiger Exits Forest"
    tiger leaves cave and goes fishing is a popular shaolin method...i don't think "tiger" is a chinese term syn lol.

Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    Anyone seen CLC's fierce tiger exits cave form? I can only find a few pic's of my sigung posing tiger claws from it on the Vancouver webpage. You have to get good at the basic forms on both sides before you can do GBT with proper power wich takes like 3-5 years...our best guy is ten years in demoed ten elements form and said he hasn't even thought about attempting to learn the fierce tiger set and dude is quick as hell plus pretty buff would be a good ring fighter with his build...anyway, have yall seen it n have any pics, does Guangzhou and Foshan have this set?.
    Most Bai Mei branches have Meng Fu Chu Lin (猛虎出林) although the form can be different. Footage is rare. The Yun Fu branch of Bai Mei (Guangzhou Bai Mei) have their variation. Theirs can be seen:
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/FohBvK0vITw/

nice... thanx for that... wish i could download it somehow... i only have one that works for youtube videos...
    ive never seen the form before... never seen anyone do it at school, or if they did i didnt know thats what it was... you dont watch other people train, its just a part of that unwritten code... work your own program, nobody elses... but its pretty cool to see the last form... i wonder how close that is to ours... guess i'll find out in a few years... i plan on seeing it through tho... i want to have the whole style... somewhere along the line im going to do lung ying aswell... theres a school down the block that is closely related to ours and some students already do both... im diggin these hakka styles... very nice hands... strong legs... fast... simply direct... love it...

Quote Originally Posted by Fung Ngan View Post
    Most Bai Mei branches have Meng Fu Chu Lin (猛虎出林) although the form can be different. Footage is rare. The Yun Fu branch of Bai Mei (Guangzhou Bai Mei) have their variation. Theirs can be seen:
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/FohBvK0vITw/
    Thanks Fung Ngan, I would have never found this Does any one have clips of BM tonfa?. There is a good article in that UK link titled "The Treasured Weapon PM Double-Crutch" by Sifu Cheng Chun Ki.

Pak Mei Tonfa's on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO0GBnXjyPU

I never learned the form myself so I don't know how authentic this form is. It is just the only vid I found on pak mei tonfa so far

Thanks Olaf I don't have video on my phone I have to watch them tommorow so please post whatever you can..are there a lot of banquet demo's on Chinese web pages any one know?.

I just posted this one because I knew I saw it in the past. Just have a look around on Youtube. Plenty of videos there.

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf View Post
    Pak Mei Tonfa's on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO0GBnXjyPU

I never learned the form myself so I don't know how authentic this form is. It is just the only vid I found on pak mei tonfa so far
    nice.... thanx

I have heard a few times that Meng Fu Chut Lum is meant to develop 'Geng Jak Ging' specifically from the wrist to the fingertips by using the 4 powers of the hand with soft power in connection with the coordinates. The idea being that the coordinates of the body are all mostly in unison already, but that the wrists are what is left because they are the hardest to connect with the rest of the body since they are the faarthest from the 'Dan Tian.'

Is this true? What was Meng Fu Chut Lum designed for?
    Last edited by TAO YIN; 09-10-2010 at 11:30 PM.