Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mike Tyson

My favorite

He proved a regular guy could become the Greatest too- the only fighter that ever brought tears to my eyes. You only have to take everything they give you and give back more. Never back down. Never step back. Even if it kills you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlnI1FLJ-38
    Last edited by boxerbilly; 11-01-2015 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by boxerbilly View Post
    Archie Moore was the first celebrity I ever saw in person, when I was in first grade in 1969/70. He came to our elementary school auditorium for a father/son night. His sons appeared with him onstage, and he gave a long speech and Q&A. Before that day I didn't even know who he was or what a boxing champ was. We never watched much boxing on TV until later when Ali started fighting again. Some other boys were excited to see Archie Moore in person, so I guess I was, too. That auditorium was filled with fathers and sons.

He had a house near the freeway that we always passed on the way to my aunt's house. Everyone knew that as the Archie Moore house.

One regret I had was when he made an appearance at a local bookstore, and I was there and walked right past him without recognizing him. I hadn't noticed the signs announcing his appearance. This was probably within a year of his death. When I saw the obituary with the recent photo, then I realized the guy I had walked past who had been sitting at the table with a big smile on his face was Archie Moore.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 11-01-2015 at 10:25 PM.

Jimbo. Basilio lived in Rochester. I had known that 20-25 years, I never saw him, I always wanted to meet him. He died in a hospital I used to work at. Murray still lives here. He wasa year older than me. Boxed at the same time. I never met or even saw him.

This was the best boxer I ever boxed. He was also my main sparring partner. -http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/settlements/10396/police-van-death.html#.VjdTj-SFOP8

Murray almost got himself killed here too- http://www.nytimes.com/1999/09/11/sp...probation.html

I don't know what are problems were back then but it seems all of us fought with the police. I got in to it with SCPD maybe half a dozen times in California. And I love cops ! They love to push.

Edit. Now I dont want anyone to think this is how I am. I was young and stupid this I admit. I got 3 years probabtion eventually. That had enough. Even though one of the police I had issues with it seems all the time, eventually got arrested for this http://articles.latimes.com/1991-07-...police-officer. Guy used ot always hassle me for nothing.
    Last edited by boxerbilly; 11-02-2015 at 08:22 AM.

srsly?

LOOK: YES, MIKE TYSON'S WEED COMPANY DOES SELL EDIBLES SHAPED LIKE EARS
    JD Lewis Monday, March 14th 2022 - 4:39 pm

Twitter / @gbaroth
    Mike Tyson’s (back) in the weed game, and he’s come up with a hilarious way to make a splash.

With edible ears, obviously.

Add this (which apparently makes over $800,000/month!) to a few other ways that Iron Mike has delved into the cannabis industry. More, from Forbes.

The positive changes in Tyson’s life spurred on by cannabis and psychedelics have been reflected in his multitude of professional endeavors, including the 2018 launch of Tyson Ranch, a 40-acre cannabis ranch in California. In 2019, the serial entrepreneur and celebrity businessman kicked off his podcast, Hotboxin’ with Mike Tyson, where he interviews athletes, celebrities, and comedians while puffing on his favourite products. It currently has over 40 million listens.

The new company, Tyson 2.0, will be a step up from Iron Mike’s first cannabis brand, offering a wider array of products including everything from his personal favourite, flower, to concentrates, edibles, beverages, and pre-rolls. He’ll serve as the company’s chief brand officer (and likely, its chief product tester).

Mike’s got multiple strains available, in multiple states already. You can see more on the Tyson 2.0 website.
    threads
    Mike-Tyson
    marijuana-tcm-!-!-!-!!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Tyson v Holyfield

Watch this tweet

Old Rivals Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield Promote 'Holy Ears' Pot Edibles
    You've got to watch the two joke like grandpas in holiday sweaters, arguing about what Holyfield's ear tastes like.

Gael Fashingbauer Cooper
    Nov. 15, 2022 3:07 p.m. PT
    2 min read

The Mike Bites marijuana candies are shaped like little ears with bites out of them, in tribute to Mike Tyson taking a chomp out of Evander Holyfield's ear back in a 1997 boxing match.

Mike Tyson infamously bit a chunk out of Evander Holyfield's ear in the 1997 WBA Heavyweight Championship fight. But now the two former opponents have joined to sell marijuana gummi candies shaped like ears with bites out of them. The candies are called Mike Bites, and they're part of what Tyson's marijuana product company, Tyson 2.0, has dubbed the "Holy Ears" collection.

On Monday, the company released a holiday-themed video featuring the two men (wearing holiday sweaters, nonetheless) promoting the marijuana candy. The edibles aren't new -- I wrote about them in March -- but they're now available at many more stores and in many more states.

Back in March, Holyfield wasn't talking about the candies and it was unclear how he was involved. Now, he seems all in.

In the video, Holyfield gifts Tyson an iron, saying, "I'm glad we ironed things out."

Then, Tyson hands Holyfield a gift, which turns out to be a package of the gummi candies, in cherry pie punch flavor. The two then argue about whether Holyfield's ear really tastes like that, with Tyson saying, "I ate your ear, I should know!"

Tyson 2.0 products are available at a variety of marijuana retailers, with a location guide on the company site.

After Tyson bit Holyfield's ear in the 1997 fight, the match was resumed, and shortly after, Tyson bit Holyfield's other ear. Tyson was disqualified, his boxing license was revoked and he was fined more than $3 million.

"Cannabis has always played an important role in my life," Tyson says on the company website. "Cannabis has changed me for the good both mentally and physically, and I want to share that gift with others who are also seeking relief."
    Mike-Tyson
    marijuana-tcm-!-!-!-!!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Weed Boxing Championship

Koh Samui to host Weed Boxing Championship
    By: News | August 22, 2023 1:53 pm

Koh Samui is set to host the Weed Boxing Championship. The event takes place on August 27th and participants will be required to ‘smoke a bong or a joint’ before participating.

Former heavyweight world champion Mike Tyson is the sport’s most high profile stoner. He admits to smoking every single day and has built his own cannabis empire selling a variety of different cannabis and cannabis related products.

Tyson’s heyday was several decades ago so he doesn’t have to worry too much about a visit from the drug testers. Plus the convicted rapist probably isn’t too worried that being associated with a drug that is still illegal in many countries will taint his reputation.

Reigning WBO and WBA super flyweight champion Kazuto Ioka tested positive for marijuana ahead of a title fight last year. But he was able to get off on a technicality because the sample was mishandled.

Open secret

There must be more boxers out there smoking cannabis because it is an open secret that several mixed martial artists like to get stoned. Among them are Nate Diaz and his brother Nick Diaz who served several bans during his UFC career and even had a submission win overturned after testing positive.

Newly crowned UFC bantamweight champion Sean O’Malley has made no secret of the fact that he likes getting stoned. The American frequently posts videos of him smoking before, after and even during training.

No fear

Participants in the inaugural Weed Boxing Championships need have no fear of an unwanted visit from WADA or USADA. They are obliged to get stoned before the fights which will consist of three rounds of three minutes apiece.

Spectators will also be encouraged to smoke the same weed as the fighters and there will be live music and food. The event is set for the Samui International Muay Thai Stadium so a big audience is probably expected.

In June, 2022 marijuana was decriminalized in Thailand. Almost overnight shops and stalls popped up everywhere selling high quality product to customers who would previously have been required to break the law in order to get their hands on it.

Muay Thai tourism is well established but marijuana tourism is a relatively new phenomenon in Thailand. This event looks to fuse the two and while it will be the first of its kind in the country it is unlikely to be the last.
    Boxing
    Mike-Tyson
    marijuana-tcm-!-!-!-!!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips