Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shaolin Special 2010

We just posted our cover story

Complete with video.

Check out Virgin Kung Fu. Our 2010 Shaolin Special is still on the newsstands. Support Shaolin and pick up a copy!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I got my copy (with DVD included) at Borders Bookstore. I enjoyed this issue a lot, and I usually don't care over-much for Shaolin specials. It has a good mix of articles, and I liked the illustrations of applications from the forms. I like seeing different styles presented like that.
    I'm considering buying some of the full KFM DVDs with the masters exhibitions.

Thumbs up Good job

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Sorry about that. We originally conceived of a system where distributors could pay the extra buck if they wanted them, but it got to difficult logistically. If you IM me your address, I'll send you one.

We only make a small batch of these insert DVDs. Mostly, it's a bookstore newsstand promotion as bookstores will increase their allotment if there's a polybagged DVD insert. It's a survival tactic in today's newsstand. You've probably noticed that both Black Belt and Inside Kung-Fu have had to cut back their page count to under 100. It's a struggle for all of us to hold on right now.

This is the third DVD insert we've done. We'll offer some as premiums at Martialartsmart.com later, and some will be posted on our YouTube channel later too.
    The free DVD program is a good program, the quality of the DVD's are good, they are enjoyable, and very interresting. I subscribe to all 3 of the MMA Magazines and Gene's is the best in my opinion, and they do more for their customers.

Add to this the qualtiy of service from Tiger Claw, their selection of Martial Art supplies, the Tiger Claw tournaments, the support they give to others and we have the best of the best.

This forum is a nice place to talk,Tiger Claw has been around for a long, long, time and I thank Tiger Claw for all the great work they put together.
    Visit the past in order to discover something new.

[url]http://wahquekungfu.proboards100.com

Just posted

I just posted this on our other Shaolin Special 2010 thread but I'm too busy right now with our tournament on June 12 to rewrite it, so it's just going to be a cut& paste.

It's the last official week of this issue on the newsstand, so if you haven't picked yours up yet, now is the time.

As a special feature, we've just posted the transcript of my interview with Reverend Heng Sure and Dr. Martin Verhoeven for the article Should Warrior Monks Disrobe? It's exclusively on our ezine.

What's more, my first book, Shaolin Trips (announced on page 23 of this issue) is now available.

amitoufo!
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Shaolin Kung Fu & the 6th China National Outstanding Skills Tournament DVD

I posted this announcement on our other Shaolin Special thread. The Shaolin Kung Fu & the 6th China National Outstanding Skills Tournament DVD insert is now available as a premium with any $50 purchase at MartialArtsMart.com.

Also note that there will be another free DVD insert in our next issue, the Nov Dec 2010.

Subscribe now to get in on it.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips