Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When was the last time you were thrown or threw someone

When was the last time you were thrown or threw someone

For me, most Sundays and Wednesdays, in live approaches, but the last week, either me or my main training partner have been unable to get together, so I'll have o live vicariously through you all. I still take down my heavy bag and work throws on it, probably five days a week, but it's not as satisfying.

do double leg attacks count? is so monday past, if not last saturday when i was lateral dropping guys for the fun of it....well until a former national judo champ schooled me

You mean in the school or on the street?

We had to do several takedowns on New Year's Eve as part of my Rock Med volunteer work (see my first Shaolin Trips article.) I anticipate doing a few more next Friday.

In the school, dang, I can't remember.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

yeesh a while ago

back when i was 16 i picked up a sd brown belt by the waist and lifted him up and sent him flipping in the air and then i did another slam on one of their bb in the same class

they didnt liek me after that

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

last class
    Tanglangquan is filled with throwing techniques.

Richard

I try and train them throughout the year.

When it comes up in applications, I explain and showcase some of the throws that come out of certain reactions to being attacked.

Now that you mention it, I will have to pull them into classes this coming weekend.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

a few years ago i was goofing around with security at the local ski resort - the topic was getting out of a bear hug... i had a guy grab me in a bear hug that was several inches shorter than me and atleast 25lbs heavier... i grabbed his arms, jumped both feet out, torqued my body down and to the left and sent him sailing head over heels, tumbling across the 2b gravel.

A couple of hours ago.

My butt hurts

I taught a throw from Da Hong about 30 minutes ago.

January 23, which is when I managed to snap my ACL clean in two going for an O Soto. Had surgery February 23, and I'm off the mat until the end of August.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

WD,

Sorry to hear that you snapped your ACL.

Let me know if you need a very strong Dit Da Jow for healing.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Gene, doesn't matter where, just when, since I'm stuck waiting until Sunday.

Water Dragon, that sucks. I've had to avoid certain techniques for the last lear because of healing up from dislocating my knee, I sympathize.

Every Monday and Wednesday. I'd go more, but I'm a victim of "woman kung fu".

I say, "honey- I'm going to the Judo Club tonight"
    and she says, "WE HAVEN'T SEEN YOU ALL WEEK! YOU WORK ALL THE TIME AND WHEN YOU'RE HOME YOU JUST LOOK FOR WAYS TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!!!" and on and on and on and on she goes...

So no Judo for you MB

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    Every Monday and Wednesday. I'd go more, but I'm a victim of "woman kung fu".

I say, "honey- I'm going to the Judo Club tonight"
    and she says, "WE HAVEN'T SEEN YOU ALL WEEK! YOU WORK ALL THE TIME AND WHEN YOU'RE HOME YOU JUST LOOK FOR WAYS TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE!!!" and on and on and on and on she goes...

So no Judo for you MB
    Take the family with you. Even better, load up a bag of toys and take the kids with you, which gives her some 'me' time. Wimmins just love 'me' time! It also counts as daddy time for you, especially if you go out for ice cream after class.

My kids have basically grown up on the dojo floor. We usually have a good 3-7 little buggers running around the dojo while we train.

I'll bet you can get at least another day a week if you try something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    WD,

Sorry to hear that you snapped your ACL.

Let me know if you need a very strong Dit Da Jow for healing.
    Thanks Dale. I still have the bandages on, but I have a 7 year jar of Iron Palm jow, and a 5 year old unopened gallon of SPM. I'm gonna save the SPM stuff for when I start Pekiti Tirsia in the fall, but plan on using the Iron Palm stuff on my knee when the bandages come off next week.

Thanks for the kind words guys. It's just part of the game, tho. I should be back competing again in about a year and a half if I heal smart.