Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Bak Mei Chi Gung Forms Do You All Practice?

What Bak Mei Chi Gung Forms Do You All Practice?

Hello,

Most people on this board come from CLC Bak Mei, but I hope everyone from various schools of Bak Mei will respond. What Chi Gung Set or Sets do you practice? What is/ are the names of the Set/ Sets? Do the sets that you practice have a traditional poem explaining each movement and posture?

Serious question. What do you practice for Chi Gung. I am not talking about doing 9 step, 18 devils, or Meng Fu slowly. I am also not talking about them or any of the other sets having Chi Gung built in to them over time in relation to how much you have practiced them.

What set/ sets do you practice?

There aren't any separate Pak Mei Chi Gung 'forms'.

The subject of your post asks a question and the body of the message asks another.

Lai See,

So, no Chi Gung forms that you know of? The body of my question asks posters to go away from what they usually say, that they practice Meng Fu slowly...

Quote Originally Posted by Lai See View Post
    There aren't any separate Pak Mei Chi Gung 'forms'.

The subject of your post asks a question and the body of the message asks another.
    Lai See,

Whatever happened to the hung mor for Trembeling Ging? I think thats the set's name. Is it legit or just BS?

Buby

Yes, anyone...

I would like to hear about the 5 element set.

I love internal. I remember having my arse handed to me, or should I say the ground, when I was living in Henan and visited an internal master there once. It opened up my eyes to internal. Since then, I have been mainly focused on it. It's really hard to accomplish internal understanding to say the least.

For me, I do Yau Kung Mun Sup Baat Seurng Toy Jeurng first. It's beyond my comprehension at the moment because of its complexity. It is simple, but in a very profound way. I am working on it's iron body, oh my...It's The Pinnacle, end of story, IMO.

Second, I practice Bak Mei's Min Far (Cotton Body) Set. It's awesome. The way that it is set up and the principles that go with it really do train the cotton body, indestructible body, that Bak Mei was famous for. A person can't get this kind of training from training an external hand form, or two man form, no matter if they did it a hundred thousand times.

Anyways,

So what about you all? What about your 5 elements? It's pretty common knowledge that CLC learned from a High Level Monk. Seriously, I doubt that the monk only taught him a few hand forms. The monk would have taught him internal meditations. All monks do that kind of meditation stuff, you know?

What about the 5 element, or whatever other set you train in your school, or just the internal that you practice?

Breathing Exercises? Alchemy? Shin Gung? Constellation play? Seated meditation? Moving meditation? Jam Jong training? Water training? Iron Palm? Iron Body? Dit Dar? Psychological change? Visualization training? Self Hypnosis? Etc..

What kind of results have you had?

Cheers,

Tao
    Last edited by TAO YIN; 03-12-2010 at 06:50 AM.

Tao yin,

are you actually reading what you're writing? Cotton body set?? You got beat up by an internal master in Henan? Can you please describe the encounter in good detail? It wasn't one of those situations where you just stood there and he hit you or you were doing lame push hands and he puhed you away a few inches is it?

Do these special chi gungs actually help you in sparring? Or do you revert back to Kung Fu "kickboxing"
    Last edited by SavvySavage; 03-10-2010 at 05:21 PM.

Savage,

Hello, how are you? What Chi Gung sets do you practice? Do they help you, or do you revert back to Kung Fu, Kickboxing?

Sometimes I read what I wrote I guess, sometimes not. If I edit it I do. Whatever the case, I just tell the truth and don't worry about it. But yeah, a cotton body set! It's really nice too. I enjoy it and get great results from it. Notice in my post I said where it is from; I didn't say it was CLC Bak Mei... People can think whatever they want about that...

As for the teacher in Henan; I lived in Henan for some time and trained there. I had a friendly match with this teacher, and he threw me with his Tai Chi and Shuai Jiao training. There was no lame push hands involved.

Not to tell the whole match, but at one point I was being aggressive with strikes and he was backing up like crazy, then I went in for a shoot... When I did, he countered it perfectly and threw me right down! I remember I stumbled momentarily then ended up practically on my face. At the time I thought, "well, my gravity is way out in front, I'm screwed." Anyhow, his Shuai Jiao and Tai Chi was excellent. Mind you, we were not trying to kill each other or anything like that. There was no ill intentions involved, just a spar for knowledge. I apologize if what I wrote sounded like it was a death match or something like that...

Internal has helped me a great deal with sparring! It especially has with the clinch, throws, and all grappling. As for me reverting back to Kung Fu, Kickboxing, or whatever; I'll use whatever works at the time. Even yoga postures are in fighting, but it's not common to say "I used yoga to win that fight." You know?

Cheers,

Tao

Quote Originally Posted by TAO YIN View Post
    Lai See,

So, no Chi Gung forms that you know of? The body of my question asks posters to go away from what they usually say, that they practice Meng Fu slowly...
    Not what I said.

If I were to proffer that one Pak Mei set may contain 'chi gung' more than others (although let me be clear again as far as I am concerened there is no separation) it would be the only one you don't mention!

Does that tell us something or not?!

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
    Lai See,

Whatever happened to the hung mor for Trembeling Ging? I think thats the set's name. Is it legit or just BS?

Buby
    I have no idea. None whatsoever.
    I saw a video once demonstrating this 'trembling' business.
    I think most people have seen it. Do I really need say anything else?

Lai See,

Hello, thanks for the reply. Which one are you talking about? Straight Step? 9 Step? 18 Bridges? Seriously.

So your meaning is that one of the Bak Mei forms has more Chi Gung in it than others if you do it slowly? Meaning doing it slow like a Chi Gung form? If that is the case I can kind of see what you mean. Then again, which form are you talking about? Also, I was trying to get away from the just doing these forms slowly thing...

Lai See,

Hello, thanks for the reply. Which one are you talking about? Straight Step? 9 Step? 18 Bridges? Seriously.

So your meaning is that one of the Bak Mei forms has more Chi Gung in it than others if you do it slowly? Meaning doing it slow like a Chi Gung form? If that is the case I can kind of see what you mean. Then again, which form are you talking about? Also, I was trying to get away from the just doing these forms slowly thing...

Jik Bou.

'May' I said 'may' not 'has'. Big difference.

My point is that as far as I am concerned one can't get away from this.

Integral, there is a word.

Okay cool,

So, would you do Jik Bo slowly, say in Lotus Position? Seriously. I am not always just talking about standing and doing these things like in the forms. Or how about doing it in a stationary stance? What elements do you focus on when you do this? How important do you think that the placebo affect is?

I think that Jik Bo is great actually. For me, it helps me maintain the idea of FCTT so that I can differentiate between how each power works in relation to the elements involved with each breath and movement. Jik Bo really is a very intricate form to me when I look at everything going on, but that is something in and of itself.

Most Bak Mei that I have seen doing Jik Bo train what seems mainly "Chum" with the Bil Jee and the Sut Choy, and every other move in the form. Then in the end of it all it becomes way to rigid with every form... However, there Chum power becomes awesome!

So my question is, to get these four powers working in unison and in a very relaxed fashion, don't you think that it is better to actually sit down and train it first rather than stand? Then combine it?

Okay cool,

So, would you do Jik Bo slowly, say in Lotus Position? Seriously. I am not always just talking about standing and doing these things like in the forms. Or how about doing it in a stationary stance? What elements do you focus on when you do this? How important do you think that the placebo affect is?

I think that Jik Bo is great actually. For me, it helps me maintain the idea of FCTT so that I can differentiate between how each power works in relation to the elements involved with each breath and movement. Jik Bo really is a very intricate form to me when I look at everything going on, but that is something in and of itself.

Most Bak Mei that I have seen doing Jik Bo train what seems mainly "Chum" with the Bil Jee and the Sut Choy, and every other move in the form. Then in the end of it all it becomes way to rigid with every form... However, there Chum power becomes awesome!

So my question is, to get these four powers working in unison and in a very relaxed fashion, don't you think that it is better to actually sit down and train it first rather than stand? Then combine it?

Jik Bou is Jik Bou. That's it. Its simple and complicated at the same time. It is Pak Mei. If you don't 'have' Jik Bou you don't have any Pak Mei. None.

What it certainly isn't is stationary. The word step may give us a clue. A rather important one at that.

So my answer to all your questions, is no.

Lai See,

Thanks for the reply! Good luck with your training.

Cheers,

Tao

Im guessing what lai see is saying is that by practising jik bo as it is is both kung fu and chi gung.
    If not, that is the way i was taught.

Agreed though if the fctt isnt actually there in your training im not sure what benefit to both chi gung and your pak mei your gonna get.
    Jik bo is my favorite form, next to 18 hands but i cant learn that so jik bo it is
    There is no technique that speed cannot defeat......