Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What Bak Mei Chi Gung Forms Do You All Practice?

Lai See,

Thanks for the reply and your explanation. I understand what you mean now. Earlier, I was simply stating that the move is called "Bil Jee," in most schools. Of course, in application it could be '10,000.' I was making fun out of Choy Kuil, saying that the punch after the Bil Jee could be a bridge as well.

My main deal is Jik Bo, or any of the treasures being Chi Gung, and cultivating "Chi."

Let's forget about Macrocosmic Orbit for the moment, as it is a completely different can that would take far too much time to talk about because of everything that it includes...

Microcosmic Orbit comes from the I Ching. BASICALLY, your dan tien is a cauldron (note the cauldrons monks used to embrace to forever brandish their forearms Shaolin) that steams off clouds of fire's energy (Chi) into Heaven (your head) and returns. On a basic level, this is breath, this is us getting oxygen. But, in order for us to cultivate it we have to conceive it.

Jik Bo doesn't cultivate Chi that much. I can kind of see it cultivating it if you are breathing in on the Jik Bo step with Bil Jee strike, whatever, then out with the punch/ bridge, whatever. But again, not much. Mainly, it cultivates proper body mechanics. FCTT is proper body mechanics.

In all honesty, I don't know why we are arguing about it anyways, it's a stupid form.
    Last edited by TAO YIN; 04-06-2010 at 10:17 AM.

Lai See,

Where are you from then?

Quote Originally Posted by TAO YIN View Post
    Lai See,

Thanks for the reply and your explanation. I understand what you mean now. Earlier, I was simply stating that the move is called "Bil Jee," in most schools. Of course, in application it could be '10,000.' I was making fun out of Choy Kuil, saying that the punch after the Bil Jee could be a bridge as well.

My main deal is Jik Bo, or any of the treasures being Chi Gung, and cultivating "Chi."

Let's forget about Macrocosmic Orbit for the moment, as it is a completely different can that would take far too much time to talk about because of everything that it includes...

Microcosmic Orbit comes from the I Ching. BASICALLY, your dan tien is a cauldron (note the cauldrons monks used to embrace to forever brandish their forearms Shaolin) that steams off clouds of fire's energy (Chi) into Heaven (your head) and returns. On a basic level, this is breath, this is us getting oxygen. But, in order for us to cultivate it we have to conceive it.

Jik Bo doesn't cultivate Chi that much. I can kind of see it cultivating it if you are breathing in on the Jik Bo step with Bil Jee strike, whatever, then out with the punch/ bridge, whatever. But again, not much. Mainly, it cultivates proper body mechanics. FCTT is proper body mechanics.

In all honesty, I don't know why we are arguing about it anyways, it's a stupid form.
    It is NOT a 'stupid' form.

I'm off to get a Tiger and dragon tattooed on my forearms.

I breathe, just the same as you do.

True colours, thank you.

-Yeah, it's stupid. Straight, Cross. Big fuggin deal. (Oh, but in my travels I have used its bridging left and sacred right, extensively with my Geng Jak Ging, Sir).

-Careful on those. You've been to Shaolin right? Those urns really are heavy, even unfilled. You could buy one! Bus ride back to Zhengzhou or Luoyang would be the shiits though. Maybe you could talk the bus driver in to putting it underneath the bus.

-Yah for oxygen...

My true colours or colors? If it is, I thought I would give them. You said that Yau Kung Mun was a joke, so there you go.

Any Mang Fu Chut Lum?

Chusauli,

No, Meng Fu won't show up on anything but high speed cameras. And even then it's pretty blurry...You have to be pretty quick even to pause it. You would think that if you played it slow-mo on a high speed camera that you could see the moves, but even then it is still blurry.

Is this supposed to be 5 elements in the snow?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et8rz...eature=related