Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: forearms, elbows, bagwork

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    no no and i doubt it
    very good.

well i cpuld point out how every one of your posts screams this person has no actual knowledge of how the human body works....or how your girlfriend telling you off for making the house shake does not mean you have any power.... or how i can tell you don't spar much by the things you say.....but its pointless chatting to you Dragon76 was nice and pointed out how and why the heavybag is used and how and why raps and gloves are used and all you can say are people are pussies

well i cpuld point out how every one of your posts screams this person has no actual knowledge of how the human body works....or how your girlfriend telling you off for making the house shake does not mean you have any power.... or how i can tell you don't spar much by the things you say.....but its pointless chatting to you Dragon76 was nice and pointed out how and why the heavybag is used and how and why raps and gloves are used and all you can say are people are pussies
    whatever dipsh!t... i am soon to post videos of a 2 minute stretch of some "casual" bag work... i am most sure you will agree with my seeming "unknowledgable" understanding of the finer details of the arts... i mean if people can post videos of themselves hitting the bag the way they do, then i am MOST definitely gonna post a video of me hitting the bag the way i do.

you'd be amazed at the depth of my understanding, but i am sure you won't take my word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    whatever dipsh!t... i am soon to post videos of a 2 minute stretch of some "casual" bag work... i am most sure you will agree with my seeming "unknowledgable" understanding of the finer details of the arts... i mean if people can post videos of themselves hitting the bag the way they do, then i am MOST definitely gonna post a video of me hitting the bag the way i do.

you'd be amazed at the depth of my understanding, but i am sure you won't take my word for it.
    Sticks and stones sonshine sticks and stones
    those guys also put up videos of themsleves using the same techniques on the bag in actual fights, will you do that as well for us...pretty please?!

One does not have to put his guts into a punch to make it effective. Wrapping the hands is a good idea when you are training boxing, but to train the hands is even more important for gung fu of any style. Wrapping the hands artificially tightens then and holds them in alignment. If you had to do the same with unwrapped hands you would not be near as effective. I started out striking gently and went from there. Evntually I could focus lots of energy into a punch that would hold it's form and alignment.
    Another thing to think about is that an elbow and knee is only good in a clinch or if you are being manhandled. In a squared off fight they are way to short a weapon to be of any benefit. And besides, I know it feels powerful, but it is not as powerful as it feels. Not saying you can not cause injury with an elbow or knee, but it has to hit into a very vulnerable area to be of serious effect. And besides, in order to get in close enough in a square off it can get you hammered. It don't hurt to train it as a close in system, but trying to develop power is not really worthwhile as you will only be able to develop just so much power in a rough and tumble anyway.
    I say these things out of experience. I can't count the times I have been slammed full in the face with an elbow. I admit it hammered me and sometimes it actually hurt real bad when the tip of the elbow struck my face bones, but it never stunned me enough to prevent me from retaliating. The power just wasn't there. It was always when we were in a clinch, as it would have been difficult for him to strike me from a stand off, and he would have had to move in close to effect an elbow punch.

those guys also put up videos of themsleves using the same techniques on the bag in actual fights, will you do that as well for us...pretty please?!
    give me a break... i just got the bag and having access to a video camera is a random event - it's all about small moves man.