Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Republican Party Modus Operandi

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Pushing the term "evangelical" is propaganda designed to differentiate them from other "bad" fundamentalists.
    Get off it.

Lets look at the 10 Commandments. Those are, in short, a blueprint of how God wants Christians to live their lives.

1. You shall have no other Gods before me
    2. You shall not worship idols
    3. Do not take the Lord's name in vain
    4. Keep the Sabbath holy.
    5. Honor thy father and mother
    6. You shall not murder
    7. You shall not commit adultery
    8. You shall not steal
    9. Do not bear false witness against your neighbor
    10. Do not covet others possessions

Can you show us the hate in there? Can you show us the "bad" parts?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    Or him. Or BD. But you get my point.

It's hilarious that the ones stereotyping Christians are the ones who would not like being lumped in with people like HW8, BD, or Rudy Abel.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Lets look at the 10 Commandments. Those are, in short, a blueprint of how God wants Christians to live their lives.
    and what happens if you don't?

One word, HELL. The entire idea of if you don't believe what we tell you, you will suffer the worst fate we can imagine, is a campaign of fear. Sure in more recent times focus has shifted to more positive messages, but at the end of the day it’s still do what we say or you’re going to get punished.

One of the pro-arguments (that I think 1bad65 also used) is better safe than sorry. Meaning you should be afraid of what will happen if you don’t believe. Culture of fear.

There is a whole lot more to the bible. If you wan to read the bad parts...
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Leviticus 20:9
    If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death.

20:10 If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.

20:13 If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death.

Deuteronomy 22:20-1 If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the girl’s virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done a disgraceful thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house.

Exodus 35:2 For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death.

Ephesians 5:22-24 Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

Exodus 21:20-21 If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property.

1 Peter 2:13 Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every authority instituted among men.

2:18 Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh.

Leviticus 25:44-45
    Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

and what happens if you don't?

One word, HELL. The entire idea of if you don't believe what we tell you, you will suffer the worst fate we can imagine, is a campaign of fear. Sure in more recent times focus has shifted to more positive messages, but at the end of the day it’s still do what we say or you’re going to get punished.
    Yes, one of the messages of the bible ( or Judeo-christian-Islamic scripture) is that if you "disobey" you will get punished.
    Of course there is much in the OT and even the NT that is beyond being simply "inspired by God" and, as a Christian ( for example) we need to realize that, where the bible and Jesus "conflict", Jesus is right.
    This obviously does not apply to those that are not christians, but that is another matter.
    Hell is the absence of Love ( God) and if you turn your back on God, while he doesn't turn his back on you (If I may use the male terms) and his gift of Grace is there, it is up to YOU to accept it, it won't be forced on you, but there is a warning against rejecting it, for your own good.
    IF you believe those sorts of things.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Leviticus 20:9
    If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death.

20:10 If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.

20:13 If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death.

Deuteronomy 22:20-1 If, however, the charge is true and no proof of the girl’s virginity can be found, she shall be brought to the door of her father’s house and there the men of her town shall stone her to death. She has done a disgraceful thing in Israel by being promiscuous while still in her father’s house.

Exodus 35:2 For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death.

Ephesians 5:22-24 Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.

Exodus 21:20-21 If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property.

1 Peter 2:13 Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every authority instituted among men.

2:18 Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh.

Leviticus 25:44-45
    Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property.
    Never confuse the Word of God with the words of men.
    The OT is full of this crap and even some in the NT.
    My personal fav is how crustaceans are an abomination !!

Ezekiel 20:25-26 I also gave them over to statutes that were not good and laws they could not live by; I let them become defiled through their gifts—the sacrifice of every firstborn—that I might fill them with horror so they would know that I am the LORD.

Deuteronomy 7:1-2 When the Lord your God brings you into the land you are entering to possess and drives out before you many nations . . . then you must destroy them totally. Make no treaty with them, and show them no mercy.

20:10-17 When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. When the Lord your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. . . . This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby.

However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. Completely destroy them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the Lord your God has commanded you.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Never confuse the Word of God with the words of men.
    The OT is full of this crap and even some in the NT.
    My personal fav is how crustaceans are an abomination !!
    Yet, "evangelical" fundamentalists DO take the Bible as the word of God.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 03-09-2010 at 01:05 PM.

Yet, "evangelical" fundamentalist DO take the Bible as the word of God.
    Indeed and that is a crucial issue they have to address.
    To a christian there is just ONE word of God and it is NOT a book, it is our Lord Jesus Christ.
    The OT and the NT have many parts that are inspired ( the authors were inspired by their love for God to writ about Him) and many parts that are historical and some that are simply "excuses" man makes for his atrocities.
    Jesus condemend the scribes of the OT and Paul reminded them that if they had gotten it right, there would have been no need for Jesus to make a personal appearance.
    Fact is, many of the crap ( to us) we see in the OT and NT just shows that, regardless of divine inspiration, people are ****ing stupid at times and make up some stupid **** !

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Get off it.

1. You shall have no other Gods before me
    2. You shall not worship idols
    3. Do not take the Lord's name in vain
    4. Keep the Sabbath holy.
    5. Honor thy father and mother
    6. You shall not murder
    7. You shall not commit adultery
    8. You shall not steal
    9. Do not bear false witness against your neighbor
    10. Do not covet others possessions

He also says not to boil a kid in its mother’s milk (Exodus 34:26).

I hope, for the sake of your immortal soul and generations to follow you, you observe that rule as well, because he punishes "children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and fourth generation of those who reject me" (Deuteronomy 5:9).

He also says not to boil a kid in its mother’s milk (Exodus 34:26).
    Dude, do you mean:
    "Bring the best of the firstfruits of your soil to the house of the Lord your God. "Do not cook a young goat in its mother's milk."

Dude, do you mean:
    "Bring the best of the firstfruits of your soil to the house of the Lord your God. "Do not cook a young goat in its mother's milk."
    Yes, a kid is a baby goat. Correct?

Yes, a kid is a baby goat. Correct?
    Yep, but they way it looked I though you meant Kid as in child, LOL !

What's funny is, I don't see anything in that list that says don't gay marry.

You mean a commandment against ****sexuality?