Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Republican Party Modus Operandi

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    Lump it all together for all I care. If I'm not mistaken, they all agree on a Creator/Supreme Being, they just differ on who it was. Right?
    I think you would find a great deal of discrepancy between many origin stories, including old Hebrew ones in which God himself has a female sidekick.

Do you guys throw out raw data? Do you manipulate, and then publish the manipulated data as truth? Be honest, that is not how legit, unbiased scientists do things. Of course those with an ulterior motive do....
    I don't influence the data, I just write what they tell me to and the scientists and legal department confer on the data. I can tell you that, when you get $1,500 for every paper you publish on a topic, it is very easy to find a way to write on that topic.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    This is not true.

It is one of the possibilities.
    Poseidon controlling tides and ocean currents and punishing sailors by sinking ships and flooding coastal cities is a possibility, as well...and makes just about as much sense.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Look, this isn't an argument, it's just contradiction.

no it's not.

yes it is.

no it's not.

yes it is...

Kung Fu is good for you.

Look, this isn't an argument, it's just contradiction.

no it's not.

yes it is.

no it's not.

yes it is...

The moon is covered with forests of glowing pink mushrooms.

No it isn't.

Yes it is.

No it isn't.

Yes it is!
    "The first stage is to get the Gang( hard, solid power). every movement should be done with full power and in hard way, also need to get the twisting and wrapping power, whole body's tendon and bones need to be stretched to get the Gang( hard) power. "
    -Bi Tianzou -

This argument is moot.
    There is no convinceing the people on either side of the issue, this I have found out.
    Science is about observation and about reproduceble results.
    Of course there is the realm of theoritical science and science that is based on postulating possibilites that may never be proven and of course, scientists are OK with that.
    I don't think that teaching about God should fall under the subject of science in schools though, philosophy is probably the better place for it.
    Many scientist can reconcile God and science as can many people, but I have learned that not all can do this and because of this, it is best, for now, to teach/study them differently in schools.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    This argument is moot.
    There is no convinceing the people on either side of the issue, this I have found out.
    Science is about observation and about reproduceble results.
    Of course there is the realm of theoritical science and science that is based on postulating possibilites that may never be proven and of course, scientists are OK with that.
    I don't think that teaching about God should fall under the subject of science in schools though, philosophy is probably the better place for it.
    Many scientist can reconcile God and science as can many people, but I have learned that not all can do this and because of this, it is best, for now, to teach/study them differently in schools.
    That and religion should be a personal thing, not a subject to be taught in schools.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    If you want to home school your kid, then fine. Just don't be shocked if your cirriculum ends up degrading your child's opportunities in the future.
    FYI, it was illegal until recently in many states. In some states, homeschooling requirements are based on its treatment as a type of private school (California, Indiana, Texas, for example). In those states, homeschools are generally required to comply with the same laws that apply to other (usually non-accredited) schools.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homesch..._United_States

I was home-schooled for a few years. I went to college, got a job, and now I'm rich according to Bill Clinton.
    Last edited by 1bad65; 03-17-2010 at 07:11 AM.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by dimethylsea View Post
    It is also one of the (remote, unsupported, pretty much disproven) possibilities that the Stork brings babies despite all the massive amounts of evidence that sex causes them.
    Let's not degrade this rational debate with abject stupidity.

It is not "pretty much disproven" that the stork brings babies. It's is completely disproven.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Poseidon controlling tides and ocean currents and punishing sailors by sinking ships and flooding coastal cities is a possibility, as well...and makes just about as much sense.
    See my above post.

That and religion should be a personal thing, not a subject to be taught in schools.
    So should philosophy then.
    It should be an elective.

So should philosophy then.
    It should be an elective.
    I thought that subject WAS an elective? I was never required to take it in college.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

I thought that subject WAS an elective? I was never required to take it in college.
    I meant that religion should be an elective like Philosophy and advanced theoritical science.

It is not "pretty much disproven" that the stork brings babies. It's is completely disproven.
    Not invisible magic storks. It hasn't been proven that invisible magic storks aren't involved in the baby making process, because invisible magic storks like Poseidon, and god can't be measure by science.

While Poseidon may sound ridiculous to you, the Christian god sounds equally ridiculous to those who don’t believe in him.

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.” Stephen Roberts
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

I meant that religion should be an elective like Philosophy and advanced theoritical science.
    It is at numerous universities, especially private ones with religious themes. I had a History of Religion course, myself.
    ~ Mark Twain

~ Joe Lewis

~ Author unknown

There is no such thing as the separation of Church and state.
    How is it that you don't understand that it is the separation of church and state that protects the First Amendment? Any action by the State to endorse any religion will impeding the free exercise of religion by anyone who does not share those beliefs!

And by teaching creationism in schools you are establishing a state religion that believes in/endorses creationism. This is strictly prohibited by the first amendment. You call yourself a constitutionalist?
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE