Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Republican Party Modus Operandi

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    I don't think that Mormon's are Christians...
    I think they would disagree.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

The issue is that God ( OT and NT alike) was a PERSONAL God, he was "the God of Abraham, of Jacob, of Isaac", Jesus made that relationship even MORE persoanl, He was Our Father and Salvation was a PERSONAL thing, not do to being born a certain way or part of a certain group, that is obsolete.
    I'm not sure how you can convince yourself to marry the OT and NT God, personally.

Just because Daddy doesn't drink anymore, that doesn't mean all those midnight visits to your room never happened.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    I think they would disagree.
    Actually, I just viewed their info and yes, they do believe that Jesus is their saviour so yes, that does make them Christians.
    My bad, sorry.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I'm not sure how you can convince yourself to marry the OT and NT God, personally.

Just because Daddy doesn't drink anymore, that doesn't mean all those midnight visits to your room never happened.
    I don't need to convince myself of anything, not sure what you mean...

Yet, you are the one paraphrasing OT rules for living your life (though not all of them) even though you claim the OT was wiped by the NT.
    No, I did not say that. I said there was a difference, but never said the OT was "wiped by the NT".

I will break down my religious studies experience when you break down your financial donations per dollar to nonpolitical chairty groups and organizations since you started working fulltime.
    Cop out.

What I give or do not give has no bearing on the discussion.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

He never said gay people shouldn't get married, either. So why do you oppose it?
    Many reasons. And not just for religious reasons. Matter of fact, religion is not the main reason I oppose it.

Do you deny there are groups in any state pushing these agendas?
    Of course I don't. But the ones calling for a 'moment of silence' are not calling for a mandatory prayer. Unlike liberals who always try and make their beliefs mandatory under the law.

And vouchers would not have to go to religious schools. FYI, not all private schools are religious. There is a huge misconception that private schools = religious schools.

And who do you think funds the majority of the antigay-union campaigns? Focus on the Family and the Mormon Church, both "Christian" organizations.
    I don't care who funds what. I stated that there have never been any bans on gay marriage without a vote of the people. And you cannot deny that fact.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Actually, I just viewed their info and yes, they do believe that Jesus is their saviour so yes, that does make them Christians.
    My bad, sorry.
    This is true.

However they believe in prophets that other Christians do not believe in. People like the con artist Joseph Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    This is true.

However they believe in prophets that other Christians do not believe in. People like the con artist Joseph Smith.
    You could drop the "con artist" part and held some credibility.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Correct.
    Whether one agrees with JS's views are not has nothing to do with whether the Mormon's are Christians in the core sense:
    Accept Jesus as the Son of God, their Lord and Saviour.

Many reasons. And not just for religious reasons. Matter of fact, religion is not the main reason I oppose it.
    In the past you have stated that you view homosexuality as a sin. I'm curious as to the basis for that belief.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    You should read about him and the founding of Mormonism. Trust me, between him and I, I'm not the one with credability problems.

Do you know how polygamy became a part of their religion?

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    In the past you have stated that you view homosexuality as a sin. I'm curious as to the basis for that belief.
    Because God repeatedly says it is. And Jesus did not refute that. However,J esus did say God would forgive you for your sins if you repented and took Jesus as your Savior.

While God's way of dealing with sins changed, neither He nor Jesus ever said that particular act was no longer a sin.

Do you know how polygamy became a part of their religion?
    Polygamy is supported in the OT. When does Jesus say it is not acceptable?

Because God repeatedly says it is. And Jesus did not refute that. However,J esus did say God would forgive you for your sins if you repented and took Jesus as your Savior.

While God's way of dealing with sins changed, neither He nor Jesus ever said that particular act was no longer a sin.
    Could you please point me to the locations where he says it is a sin?

Polygamy is supported in the OT. When does Jesus say it is not acceptable?
    Can you please Google up the verses that support your claim?

The Bible repeatedly uses the word 'wife'. It does not use the word 'wives' when referring to a marriage.