Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nikita

Nikita

THR cites Die Hard 4 and Mission Impossible 3, but we all know Maggie from Naked Weapon.
    Maggie Q to star as CW's 'Nikita'
    Roselyn Sanchez tapped as the lead in ABC's 'Cutthroat'
    By Nellie Andreeva
    Feb 18, 2010, 11:00 PM ET

In a pilot season shaping up as the most diverse ever for leads in dramas, Maggie Q is in talks to play the title character in the CW's "Nikita" reboot and Roselyn Sanchez has been tapped as the lead in ABC's "Cutthroat."

The casting of Maggie Q is particularly significant as it jumps off an iconic character historically portrayed as Caucasian, first by Anne Parillaud in Luc Besson's 1990 film, followed by Bridget Fonda in the 1993 redo "Point of No Return" and Peta Wilson in the 1997 USA Network series.

The CW pilot's premise of a new Nikita being trained to replace the original one after she goes rogue gave creator Craig Silverstein an opportunity to break the stereotype, and he wrote the lead as "beautiful and exotic."

The pending hire of Maggie Q in "Nikita," from WBTV and McG's Wonderland, would mark the highest-profile series role for an Asian actress on a broadcast drama series and the highest-profile CW minority casting in the network's four-year history.

Hawaii-born Maggie Q made a name for herself as a Hong Kong action movie star before landing roles in "Mission: Impossible III" and "Live Free or Die Hard."

"Cutthroat," from 20th TV, is a one-hour dramedy centering on Nina Cabrera ("Without a Trace" alumna Sanchez), an upscale Beverly Hills widow and soccer mom who runs an international drug cartel.

The Cabrera role was envisioned and written as a Latina by creators Michele Fazekas and Tara Butters.

That also was the case in another 20th TV pilot, CBS' CIA drama "Chaos," directed and executive produced by Brett Ratner, whose lead was conceived as a Latino man and recently cast with Freddy Rodriguez.

It already has been a breakthrough pilot-casting season in drama-lead diversity. Other high-profile pilots so far this season that have opted for minority leads include Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Boris Kodjoe, who topline J.J. Abrams' NBC action pilot "Undercovers"; Forest Whitaker, who leads CBS' "Criminal Minds" spinoff; and Laz Alonso, who tops Fox's action drama "Breakout Kings," directed and executive produced by Gavin Hood.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Oivey !!
    Nice and Roslyn gets me all warm and naughty !
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

le femme nikita?
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Peta Wilson RULEZ!

No one can hold a candle to her
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

word! its been a while since ive seen that movie, or any of the tv episodes. but i always thot she was a bad ass

lol sry to hi jack the thread with her but when i hear nikita its what pops in my head
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Nikita 2010

TCA Press Tour: 'Nikita' is more than just a pretty girl in high heels
    July 29, 2010 | 4:53 pm

NikitaShe’s young. She’s hot. And she can kill you.

Sydney Bristow, watch out.

In CW’s reboot of “La Femme Nikita” (which is a remake of the original French film), Maggie Q stars in the title role of the rogue assassin in the show set to premiere Sept. 9.

The Hawaiian-born actress is no stranger to the genre, having starred in her fair share of action flicks, including 2006’s “Mission: Impossible III,” and the upcoming vampire flick “Priest.”

She acknowledges that making the move to television wasn’t a walk in the park.

“I’ve done action movies, [but] never done an action TV show,” she said. “Your level never goes down. It’s such a challenge -- all of this action stuff. I’m half Asian and people think you must know kung fu. Yes, we wake up and do kung fu, then we brush our teeth.”

But why remake Nikita? Although “La Femme Nikita” was the No. 1 drama on USA Network during its run, it famously required a fan campaign to save it.

Executive producer Craig Silverstein asked himself the same question.

“That was my first challenge. It’s been done,” Silverstein said. “I took it upon myself to see if it could be done fresh.”

Silverstein said bringing the show to The CW was fairly simple because the network was looking to develop a female action show and Warner Bros. had the rights to the title.

In rebooting the show he wanted to keep the dark fairy tale of her origin story, yet make it contemporary, and he points out the show isn’t a rehash and has more of a Jason Bourne kind of tone.

McG, who also serves as an executive producer, said he thinks the series will show a hero that is often overlooked on television.

“I like the idea of empowered female characters. Maggie nails that voicing,” he said. “The show’s a very big departure for what you’d think CW would normally do. It’s a lot of pressure, but Craig went for it.”

-- Gerrick D. Kennedy
    I've always had a soft spot for Q
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

you measure those legs with an altimeter.

Nikitas

We need to compare Nikitas over the years. We just need to.

La Femme Nikita Original film (1990)
    Anne Parillaud

Point of No Return (1993P
    Brigit Fonda

La Femme Nikita (TV show 1997)
    Peta Wilson

Nikita 2010
    Maggie Q
    See my previous post

Wikipedia also cites Black Cat (hei mao 1991) as fall out from the Nikita franchise, so we'll toss in Jade Leung for good measure.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Good ol' Maggie Q

CW's 'Nikita' ads too sexy?
    L.A.'s the Grove passes on Maggie Q in leather
    By MICHAEL SCHNEIDER

Rogue assassin Nikita may have found her toughest adversary yet: the folks who approve billboards around the country.

The CW's provocative campaign for "Nikita," featuring star Maggie Q in various outfits (and brandishing all sorts of weaponry), has met with resistance in several major markets.

L.A. shopping center the Grove, for example, turned down the ad featuring Maggie Q seated and wearing a leather outfit. Locales in Chicago and New York also passed on the image.

In those cases, outlets including the Grove were fine with a replacement ad featuring the actress in a long red dress and brandishing a machine gun.

But even that replacement ad triggered some concerns. In Culver City, the machine gun ad wasn't welcome, particularly on billboards facing the 405 Freeway. In other parts of Los Angeles, the ad of "Nikita" in the chair was approved -- except on billboards located near schools and churches.

In Santa Monica, the newly reopened Santa Monica Place Mall initially turned down the "Nikita" ads -- but relented after discovering that shopping centers in other locales had given the greenlight.

The CW is no stranger to generating buzz via provocative campaigns -- its "OMFG" ads for "Gossip Girl" earned the ire of several advocacy groups.

"Of course, we've been down this road a few times with some of our campaigns. We know it's always smart to come prepared to have different options ready to offer our different constituents," said CW marketing topper Rick Haskins.
    I hope she's kept her kung fu skillz up.

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Q gets Willis to tap.

Hong Kong’s Hit Girl
    Millions of Asian action-movie fans can’t be wrong: Maggie Q, star of the CW’s Nikita, is about to knock your socks off.
    * By Jada Yuan
    * Published Aug 22, 2010

If one must be stuck in a dark alley outside a Toronto nightclub while Chinese mobsters and government assassins hover in the shadows, it might as well be with Maggie Q. She is, after all, an action star, though to look at her is to question her ass-kicking ability. She is unfathomably thin; her toned arms are marginally bigger around than a Canadian two-dollar coin. She also has the unintimidating habit of cracking herself up, loudly and with knee slaps.

We’re on a location shoot for her new show, Nikita, the third reinterpretation of Luc Besson’s 1990 film La Femme Nikita, about a young junkie and convicted murderer trained to be a killer by a nefarious organization. The CW’s version picks up three years after Nikita, played by Q, has gone rogue. She’s determined to bring down Divison, the agency that conscripted her, and to that end she must infiltrate this nightclub, decked out in theoretically unsuitable assassin-chic gear: black mesh, leather, bra, and not much else.

The show’s executive producer, Craig Silverstein, says they cast her because—unlike the other equally beautiful and talented actresses they auditioned—when you put a gun in Q’s hand, “it didn’t all fall apart.” It’s a risk, anchoring a TV show with a relative unknown—you’d get more Americans acknowledging Q as the hot Asian chick in Mission: Impossible III than by name—except that unknown is relative to where you are standing. In Asia, Maggie Q inspires Justin Bieber–like frenzy, give or take a couple million more fans and even crazier paparazzi. When I get into a Toronto cab with a driver who happens to be from Hong Kong, I ask if he’s ever heard of Maggie Q. “Oh, yes!” he says. “She is very famous in Hong Kong!” I tell him she’s living in Toronto. “Wow!” And that I met her. “Really? Wow! Is she tall? I think she’s maybe five seven.” Almost. “She’s getting up there, isn’t she?” I guess, I say, if he considers 31 old. “Thirty-one?! No! Wow! I thought for sure she is 40. She’s been around a long, long time.”

Margaret Denise Quigley was born and raised in Hawaii by a Polish-Irish father and a Vietnamese mother who met during the Vietnam War. She started modeling in Tokyo at age 17, eventually ending up in Taipei. Bad move: Q, whose mixed-race looks read “Asian” in America and “weird” in Asia, was summarily rejected. “At the time, they wanted blonde hair and blue eyes. Or Asian celebrities,” she says. After her daily round of rejections, she’d go to Taipei’s night market to buy “my dollar box of food, then go back to my danky hotel that was literally a love motel—I paid by the night—and cry and eat my dinner.” A woman suggested she try Hong Kong. “They’ll probably get you there,” she told Q, and they certainly did. Or, rather, Jackie Chan did. He recruited her as one of the next generation of Hong Kong action stars: In all, she did eleven films. “I had never done a day of martial arts in my life when I started in the business,” she says. “I couldn’t even touch my toes.”

Q finally left Hong Kong because she was feeling like a hunted animal, “like I was suffocating.” Turns out celebrity weeklies in Asia far outnumber those here. That, coupled with fewer celebrities, means “you’re incredibly recognizable wherever you go,” she says. “I could never have a boyfriend. I couldn’t grocery shop for myself. I got very depressed by it.” So Toronto is a relative haven. Q does her own laundry, goes to the farmers’ market, and drives herself to work—which is why the first time I see her, she’s running, flustered and sweaty, her Chihuahua, Pedro, peering out of her bag. The car’s GPS directed her not to the downtown location but to a suburb off a freeway twelve miles away. She’s hustled into the makeup trailer, where the mirrors are lined with pictures of her dogs (she has three, all rescues). There are no fight scenes tonight, but Q’s covered in bruises from a scene earlier in the week with co-star Shane West (ER).

Jackie Chan’s intensive training stressed professionalism and a certain code: Q always does her own stunts. “I owe it to my audience. And I’m not 70, so I might as well while I can.” Her moves might be faked, but that doesn’t mean she can’t take care of herself. She gave a six-foot-four dude a black eye while shooting the Nikita pilot. And Bruce Willis made the mistake of underestimating her strength during a Live Free or Die Hard fight scene. He told her to try her best move, and she put him in an armbar, which hyperextends the elbow. “He kept hitting my leg. I said, ‘What are you doing?’ And he goes, ‘Tap out! Tap out!’ ”

The closest Q has come to an offscreen fight was in L.A. Her dog startled a sleeping buck, which knocked it over on its belly then lowered its antlers to charge. “The only thing I could think to do to get in between the deer’s horns and my dog was to jump on the deer,” she says. It threw her into a bush, splitting her leg and side open. Q was due, two days later, on the set of an “awful movie that hasn’t been released yet, thank God!” She showed up completely “mummified” in gauze. But she showed up.

"she must infiltrate this nightclub, decked out in theoretically unsuitable assassin-chic gear: black mesh, leather, bra, and not much else." Sound interesting. I'm so in.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

would be great to have an interview for the e-zine gene or for the magazine? a hong kong star gets a us tv show, and while not on a major network its still on network tv. this is big news for us.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    We need to compare Nikitas over the years. We just need to.

La Femme Nikita Original film (1990)
    Anne Parillaud

Point of No Return (1993P
    Brigit Fonda

La Femme Nikita (TV show 1997)
    Peta Wilson

Nikita 2010
    Maggie Q
    See my previous post

Wikipedia also cites Black Cat (hei mao 1991) as fall out from the Nikita franchise, so we'll toss in Jade Leung for good measure.
    I'm not sure who Jade Leung is, but that pic sure looks a *lot* like Yukari Oshima, who made lots of HK action films in the late '80s/early '90s.

Shoot, doug, why didn't I think of that?

I would have loved to chat up Maggie Q. Unfortunately, I have too much on the plate right now before the series premieres. Maybe I can get it later.
    Maggie Q Interview NIKITA
    by Christina Radish Posted:August 26th, 2010 at 5:07 pm

As a deeply troubled teenager, Nikita (Maggie Q) was rescued from death row by a secret U.S. agency known as Division. Fooled into believing that she was being given a second chance to start a new life and serve her country, she quickly learned that she was instead being trained as a spy and assassin. After being betrayed by the only people she thought she could trust, she did the impossible by escaping, in order to seek retribution and destroy their covert operations.

During an interview to promote the CW’s Nikita, show star Maggie Q talked about taking on the legendary character, her love of action roles and vowed never to wear that red bikini in the pilot episode again. Check out what she had to say after the jump:

Question: This character has been around for awhile, in various incarnations. What’s it like to take on what has become a legend of sorts?

Maggie: I felt confident because of the team that they put around me, with the director, the writer and the cast. I believe in everyone so much. I’m excited for this journey. It’s a challenge, but if we’re not challenging ourselves, what’s the point. It’s cool that there have been different incarnations, but we’re doing something really different with this one. I know that’s lip service, but you’ll understand the difference when you see it.

Was it important to you not to rehash the origin story?

Maggie: Right, that’s what makes it different. We’re really going from where the legend ends, and we’re going into the future of her. She’s gotten out now. This is her tale about how she gets back at the people who have hurt her.

How long have you been doing martial arts?

Maggie: I’m half Asian, so people immediately go, “Oh, you do kung fu,” like that’s what we do. We wake up, we do kung fu, we brush our teeth. It’s just assumed that you’re not working your ass off to make this believable and make this something great, and we absolutely are. All of us. I’m not a wushu champion. I was an athlete when I was a kid. I was a swimmer and a runner, but all this action stuff is such a challenge. It really, really is. I’m lucky that I’ve been doing it for long enough that I have a formula that works for me, but it certainly isn’t something that I can close my eyes and do. Absolutely not.

How did you initially get into martial arts then?

Maggie: When I was living and working in Asia, at the time, Jackie Chan was looking for these new young people to star in movies that he was producing, but not starring in. So, his team of guys trained me when I was very young, in different disciplines. They molded me. They gave me my introduction. I wouldn’t say they taught me everything because, once I got to Hollywood, I feel like that’s when I really got into the action genre. I really got the time to focus on things when I was booked for a project. They were very serious. They were like, “Listen, we’re going to train you from the ground up. This is how we’re going to make you real.” So, it does become very real. You can’t fake this stuff. You either know it, or you don’t.

Since you have a background in action movies, is it easier to do this role, or are there still physical challenges?

Maggie: Both. It’s comfortable for me. I weirdly feel very natural, in the physicality that comes my way, whether it’s guns, cars or whatever. For some reason, it’s second nature to me. But, every action project you take, whether it be a movie or TV series, is always different and a lot of people don’t really know how big a difference it is. It’s a different style of fighting, a different tempo and all of that. It’s been good, though. It’s been fun. I like the physical challenge. It’s fun for me.

What was it like to spend three weeks training for this?

Maggie: I set that training up. They didn’t have money to train us. My partner is an action director, so I asked him if he could get all of his stunt team together and create something for my cast. I have the training and background, but they didn’t. They had none. For me, it was important that everybody in the show was believable, and I knew that they weren’t even close. So, for three weeks, we did three days a week and we broke their asses. They couldn’t walk. Lyndsy would text me and go, “I can’t even eat. I can’t raise my arm.” I thought it was so fun. I’ve been through that for so many years, so to see someone else go through that was awesome.

With the physicality of this role, do you find yourself slinking home at night and crawling into bed?

Maggie: I don’t do anything but sleep, when I’m not working. I have no life. I’m no fun. All I want to do is sleep and get ready for the next day. It’s awesome.

Do they space out the action sequences for you, so that you don’t have to do them so close together?

Maggie: When I started in film, I was living and working in Asia, and I swear to you, when we did films there, it was so fast. It was much like TV. They did films in two weeks or six weeks, so I actually realize now that I’m very used to this pace, and I enjoy focusing, getting it over with, getting it out of the way and saying, “Let’s move on. Let’s do something cool again. Let’s get going.”

Which worries you more, knowing that you have a day where you’re going to have to shoot a big action scene, or having to do a big emotional scene with a lot of dialogue?

Maggie: You know what worries me? Doing them on the same day, which we do sometimes because TV is so fast. You’re here, and then you’re there, and sometimes you don’t know where you are.

With all the action films and stuff that you’ve done, have you ever had any major injuries along the way?

Maggie: Oh, I’ve injured everything. I’ve hurt my wrist and cracked my shins. It’s ridiculous. Actually, I haven’t broken everything, but I’ve cracked and fractured a lot of different body parts.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

continued from previous

How was it to wear that red bikini?

Maggie: That red bikini was the bane of my existence. You’re not going to see me in a bikini again, that’s for sure. I was horrified to wear that. I was mortified. I was like, “Danny, can you put me in a one-piece?,” and he gave me that red bikini. I was like, “That’s not a one-piece. That’s a two-piece with a string.”

What about the rest of the clothes you’ll get to wear, throughout the season?

Maggie: The CW is a very fashion-oriented network and they like their stars to look a certain way. I like that, but at the same time, I need Nikita to be toned down a bit. You can’t draw too much attention to Nikita because she’s an assassin. At the same time, when she is on missions and she’s supposed to be noticed, that’s when we’ll play with stuff. They’re obsessed with her looks in the series, which is hilarious, whereas I’m obsessed with the material.

On the days when you get to play dress-up and you get to wear the really elegant gowns and stuff like that, is it fun for you, or is it just an annoyance because you’ve got to take so much time to do it?

Maggie: You know, I’ve gotten to that point where I’m so used to being sweaty, wearing pants, and sitting like a guy in boots. When I’m dressed up and people are touching me up and doing the whole thing, I’m less comfortable with that. I like to wear less make-up and be tougher. The primp stuff is exciting for people, but it’s less exciting for me. It’s definitely fun, but I like low maintenance. I do. I enjoy it on set because it’s about the characters, the acting and the story, so it’s not really about blush.

What is the relationship like between Nikita and Alex (Lyndsy Fonseca)?

Maggie: We really get into it, in Episode 2, which is cool. One of the things that’s really going to draw people into this series is that you don’t know how all these people are intertwined. You start in the modern day, but their past is very layered and very colored. We’re going to be uncovering that, in the first season. You’re not going to expect what unfolds between these two women, for sure.

Will viewers get to see more of the dynamic between Nikita, Amanda (Melinda Clarke) and Percy (Xander Berkeley)?

Maggie: Yes. Those characters are so cool to me. They’re fascinating. I was so blown away by them. Everyone is so good in the show, and they bring something so special. Without one of them, it wouldn’t work. But, Melinda’s and Xander’s characters are really fascinating. I don’t think you’re ever really going to know everything about where they’ve come from, but you are going to get little bits. It’s going to be really interesting.

How has it been to work with Aaron Stanford?

Maggie: He’s great. He’s so funny. He’s the comic relief in the series, which I really like because you need it. You can’t be serious the whole time. Division, which is sort of the CIA, has so many different faces that make an organization like that work. It’s not just a room full of evil people. It’s a room full of very talented people, who give what they give. How we found them and how they got there is the story.

Is the tattoo you show in the Nikita poster real?

Maggie: Yes, they’re all real, and what’s cool is that I don’t have to cover them. I usually always have to cover them, but with Nikita, it’s in keeping with who she is. She was that street kid. She was hardcore as a kid.

What is the tattoo of, when did you get it and why?

Maggie: It’s a phoenix. When I moved to Asia, it was tough for me. It was a struggle to be a woman in the business. And, I was incredibly poor, inexperienced and insecure. I didn’t go see fortune tellers, but I had friends who did, and I would tag along because I thought it was so fascinating. At the end of the session, they would always look at me and go, “You’re a bird.” They would always tell me that I was a bird, and I didn’t get it. And then, as I started getting older and learning more about myself, I got it. So, I met an artist who basically said, “You understand what bird you represent?” I said, “No,” and he said, “You’re a phoenix because you’ve come from nothing and you’re building something.” I certainly was not there yet. I don’t even think I’m there now. But, I was on my way to building something that meant something to me, and so I wanted it to be the bird of strength.

How many others do you have?

Maggie: I’ve got two more.

What caused you to move to Asia in the first place and then start a film career? And, why was it so hard for you there?

Maggie: I was basically a broke student, and I moved to Asia and was making some money to go back to school. One thing led to another, and I was supposed to stay two months, but it ended up being eight years. It was the best mistake I ever made. But, I didn’t know a soul and I didn’t speak the language. I’d left Hawaii twice in my life, so I’d been on an island my whole life. I had no clue. I didn’t know how to live in a city, and I didn’t know the industry, for sure, and then I was around veterans in the industry who expected a lot out of me, from the get-go. It was a lot of pressure and it was a lot of confusion, at the time.

Were you acting phonetically?

Maggie: I started like that. I did films in English and I did films in Chinese. At first, I had to create my own phonetic alphabet for Cantonese, and then I went from there. I went back to China a couple years ago and did a movie in Mandarin, and I don’t speak Mandarin, so I learned it phonetically. Now, when I’m on set and somebody gives me English lines, I’m like, “Are you kidding? What’s happening? This is amazing!”

Are you still looking to balance this with a film career?

Maggie: Yes. There are so many passion projects that I have, that I’ve had written, and that I really care about. So, it’s actually fun to be able to do something like this, where I’m busy most of the year, and then, when I’m off, I can jump into something that I’ve planned during that year. I love film, very, very much, and I always want to go back to it. We’ll see. Obviously, you have to be lucky enough for people to want you to be in films, but that is the plan, definitely.

Are there any female action stars that you admire?

Maggie: I think Angelina Jolie in Salt is a perfect example because it’s a recent example. I remember seeing promotions for Salt and getting really excited and hoping that it did really well. It’s just good for females right now, in the industry, to be able to headline and carry something that traditionally men carry. What I like that’s happening right now in the action genre, which didn’t happen before, is that they’re using incredibly credible actors now in these big action roles. You see Angelina Jolie in a movie like Salt, and she’s very believable, but not because she’s super tough or has more muscles than the next girl. She’s an incredible actress, and that toughness comes from a place that’s very internal, which is the reason why she’s so good at what she does. That’s a great example of a really quality actress in a role where she’s doing both, and you have to be. I look at people like Angelina and Michelle Yo, early on, when I was living in Asia, and people like that, and I admired them because it was the combination of things that they brought to the screen that really worked. Now that I’m in that position, I know how hard it is, and my admiration has just been heightened.

NIKITA premieres on The CW on September 9th
    Maybe that is Yukari. I'm hot sure. I pulled it off an image search. Here's another shot of Jade.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Lee Cameo

Stan Lee Takes on Nikita
    Exclusive info on the comic book legend appearing on the new action series.
    August 31, 2010
    by Eric Goldman

Make mine Nikita! Stan Lee, the Marvel Comics legend known for co-creating iconic superheroes like Spider-Man, Iron Man, The X-Men, Hulk and many, many more, will be appearing on an upcoming episode of The CW's new series about the lovely and deadly former assassin, who is on a quest to get revenge against the group that turned her into a killer.

Lee of course has made cameo appearances in the vast majority of films based off of Marvel characters (and has an ongoing vocal role on the animated Super Hero Squad Show), but in recent years, he has also popped up in non-Marvel based projects like The Big Bang Theory and Heroes. Nikita will continue Lee's cameo-tradition, as he appears in the fifth episode of the new series, which will air Thursday, October 7th.

Lee's Nikita cameo came about when the show's star, Maggie Q, met Lee at San Diego Comic-Con in July and the two discussed the possibility of Lee appearing on the show. With Lee in Toronto (where Nikita films) for Fan Expo this past weekend, the timing worked out for him to also film a scene for the TV series.

Nikita premieres next Thursday, September 9th, at 9pm ET/PT on The CW.
    I'm just imagining Maggie chatting up Stan.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips