Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Multiple Fighters in the Cage (more than two)

5 a side MMA match

No, i don't have a video, my apologies.

But i am interested in peoples opinions in what would happen?

Many of you attend MMA classes, would anyone be up for trying it and seeing if/how it plays out?

What i mean is 5 mma guys on a team against 5 other mma guys on a team. I think this would be really interesting to see how it plays out as group strategy would become more important than individual skill.

This means that if two guys are on the floor and you are free you are allowed to kick the opponent in the head while he is on the floor. In order to do this safely i would suggest a light tap with the foot and a five taps to the head by a standing opponent and your out rule.... seems about right?

Not trying to start another Kungfu vs mma argument here, I just think it would be an interesting learning experience. I don't know any statistics but I believe a good portion of real fights (certainly in my experience) involve group combat.

If not would anyone be interested in at least trying a 2 on 2 full contact? What are peoples opinions on how it would play out and how the fighting strategy would change?

Quote Originally Posted by RenDaHai View Post
    No, i don't have a video, my apologies.

But i am interested in peoples opinions in what would happen?

Many of you attend MMA classes, would anyone be up for trying it and seeing if/how it plays out?

What i mean is 5 mma guys on a team against 5 other mma guys on a team. I think this would be really interesting to see how it plays out as group strategy would become more important than individual skill.

This means that if two guys are on the floor and you are free you are allowed to kick the opponent in the head while he is on the floor. In order to do this safely i would suggest a light tap with the foot and a five taps to the head by a standing opponent and your out rule.... seems about right?

Not trying to start another Kungfu vs mma argument here, I just think it would be an interesting learning experience. I don't know any statistics but I believe a good portion of real fights (certainly in my experience) involve group combat.

If not would anyone be interested in at least trying a 2 on 2 full contact? What are peoples opinions on how it would play out and how the fighting strategy would change?
    I've done it. The strategy depends on the skill-sets of the participants.

cool,

So like, what happened? Did you go to the ground as much? Did you all choose one opponent each or did you try to all go for one guy at a time? I mean like, how did it play out?

Ive done lots of group sparring but I have never tried a full contact group match.... i imagine it would be quite an experience.

@Andy

Cool, Yes I assumed footwork would become more important....

I think it would be really interesting to see what kind of Martial art would evolve if team fights became a popular thing.....

How about three?

Remember San Do?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

ive never done that, ive done one on group but never group on group and ive only done sparring in one on group never full contact. its fun but hard and strategy, tactic and footwork are extremely important. i would think 2 vs 2 would be the best place to start as a progression to larger group fights. what are some arts that stress group fighting? krav maga comes to mind. but again what ive seen is primarily 1 vs group.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

ive been involved in undisciplined rumbles... its really ugly... really ugly... esspecially when weapons are involved...

it would be iteresting to create strategy for this in a sporting sense... ad weapons and its no different than fighting a war...

ttt 4 2019!

Here's another 3X3 multiple fighters cage match. I'm retitling this thread to Multiple Fighters in the Cage (more than two) because it's more general than San Do. Is San Do still going?

I also merged a thread about a 5X5 cage match above.

Philippine MMA Promotion Hosts Extremely Sloppy 3-On-3 Fight
    Patrick Redford
    Yesterday 1:21pm Filed to: BAD IDEAS

Image: @streetfitebanch

Last weekend, regional Philippine MMA promotion Universal Reality Combat Championship showcased several of the Philippines’ most promising fighters fighting the normal way, and then also six other dudes fighting three-on-three. It was not as action-packed as you might imagine.

The match featured three fighters from the Philippines taking on three fighters from China, with three referees trying to contain the action. Most of the bout consisted of three separate regular fights, though teammates tried to help each other out here and there. The whole experiment mercifully ended after about a minute when one of the Chinese fighters complained about blows to the back of his head.

Streetfight Bancho
    @streetfitebanch
    3 vs. 3 MMA. Insanity this morning at URCC 77 in the Philippines.
    1:12
    10:36 AM · Apr 27, 2019
    URCC hosted a similar bout three years ago. That fight featured some wild knockouts, which was probably why the promotion wanted to try it again.

Maybe they should’ve added an obstacle course to really shake things up.
    You have to follow the twitter link to see the fight.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Kung Fu Panda?

Video: 3 vs. 1 fight ends in predictably absurd beatdown
    By Alexander K. Lee @AlexanderKLee Aug 1, 2021, 2:00pm EDT

Three men fight one at an Elite Fighters event in Rzeszow, Poland, on Saturday @Grabaka_Hitman, Twitter
    Though MMA bouts can be wildly unpredictable, there are some results that even the most casual viewer can see coming from miles away.

Case in point: When three guys fight one guy, it’s probably not going to go well for the one guy.

That axiom played out in brutal fashion Saturday at an Elite Fighters event in Rzeszow, Poland, where a fighter identified as Kung Fu Panda took on a trio of opponents, Milosz Wlodkowski (“Modlicha”), Maciej Szwech (“Szwechu”) and Norbert Grazka (“Neted”). It’s unclear how much training any of these men had, but clearly the team of three didn’t need much to roll over Kung Fu Panda in a matter of seconds.

Whatever Kung Fu Panda’s level of martial arts expertise is, it wasn’t nearly enough to prevent his opponents from swarming him. He was immediately dragged to the mat by one of the three and then held down while the other two pummeled him with punches and hammerfists to the head.

The entire freak show fight was chronicled in hilarious fashion by Twitter’s resident MMA historian, Caposa (@Grabaka_Hitman).
    There are links to twitter vids on the original article.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

3 v 3 women's MMA match

Bodies were strewn across the canvas when all hell broke loose in a 3 v 3 women's MMA match
    Alan Dawson Aug 23, 2021, 5:14 AM

All hell breaks loose in a team fighting event from Poland. Photo from The War 2 event in Poland
    The Devils beat The Bad Girls in a three vs. three MMA event earlier this month.
    Team events are rare in this combat discipline.
    And after seeing the footage below, you can see that this is perhaps with good reason.

Bodies were strewn across the canvas when all hell broke loose at a three vs. three women's MMA match that took place at a sub-regional sports event in Poland, earlier this month.

Even in a combat discipline where bumps, bruises, blood and guts can be commonplace, the vast majority of fights happen when one individual competes against another.

Team events are therefore rare — and when you see footage of the Devils fighting the Bad Girls at an event dubbed The War 2, you can see it is perhaps for good reason that these fights don't happen often.

It was not long before the Devils dropped their first opponent, captured their second, and then swarmed the third and final Bad Girl to close the show.

The match barely lasted more than two minutes, and two of the three referees were needed to ensure the fighting had truly finished.

Watch the weird, wild chaos below:

It is unlikely we will ever see this kind of event break into mainstream MMA.
    The "weird, wild chaos below:" is a twitter link - see https://twitter.com/streetfitebncho/...49570096914434

threads
    Multiple-Fighters-in-the-Cage-(more-than-two)
    Women-in-MMA
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Many years ago, I made a suggestion to a MMA gym owner friend who also runs a local independent pro-wrestling promotion. That suggestion was to create tag team MMA, and boy was I not prepared for the YouTube video that he showed me which is no different from the videos in this thread.

EDUARDO RIEGO 3 vs 1 DOGFIGHT WILD TOURNAMENT

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips