Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multiple Fighters in the Cage (more than two)

Multiple Fighters in the Cage (more than two)

Three-man full-contact elimination to two-man MMA

San Do
    fight clip SAN DO .mov
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

INCREDIBLY stupid and dangerous! New lows for the martial arts to sink to!
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Three Harmonies View Post
    INCREDIBLY stupid and dangerous! New lows for the martial arts to sink to!
    really?
    i think it's kinda interesting...
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Much how the general public judges all martial arts now by their effectivess in the UFC (in one on one combat), now the San Do will be the judge for what styles are the most effective in multiple opponent combat. Say bye bye to BJJ popularity!

It'll be like a reality show where people will make alliances just to get rid of one guy, then they'll turn on each other!!!

Bwahahahahaha!

On a serious note though...it has potential to be something worthwhile if the founders can figure out a way to safely market it to the state athletic commissioners. Are they going to use weight classes still? What is the limitation on gear? Will it even attract good fighters??
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

Quote Originally Posted by Vankuen View Post
    Much how the general public judges all martial arts now by their effectivess in the UFC (in one on one combat), now the San Do will be the judge for what styles are the most effective in multiple opponent combat. Say bye bye to BJJ popularity!

It'll be like a reality show where people will make alliances just to get rid of one guy, then they'll turn on each other!!!

Bwahahahahaha!

On a serious note though...it has potential to be something worthwhile if the founders can figure out a way to safely market it to the state athletic commissioners. Are they going to use weight classes still? What is the limitation on gear? Will it even attract good fighters??
    BJJ would rule in this, take someone down choke them out whilst using them as a shield and then beat the cr^p out of the last guy

now being serious my 2 cents it won't even get off the ground:
    1) it won't get sanctioned in many places, too much like an elimination event which alot of commissions are wary of.
    2) no decent fighters will touch it with a 10 foot pole for obvious reasons (fighters arranging to gang up on someone, getting blindsided when actually beating someone etc)
    3) the ring is rubbish its been tried before,if you get hit hard with a takedown you will probably come off the platform land in the crowd and get hurt

I think i'd rather see a two on two style match.

Why not just make a REAL royal rumble??! Just a bunch of guys duking it out until one is left standing!?

We can call it...Barfight-Do!
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

LMAO !!
    Nice stuff !!
    I am pretty sure that most matches will degenerate to a 2 on 1 then then a 1 on 1.
    Don't see much point of it, if you can't beat 1 guy, fighting 2 is pointless, but I am sure some will find it entertaining.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

It's how you gets the wooomen. Hey baybe, I can fights like 2 fellas at the saame time an's I do it on Teavee!

I found more

Here's the official website: San Do Kuen Martial Arts

I think this is very amusing. Anyone ever go to a pro wrasslin' battle royale? Those rocked.

I think MMA needs a weapons division.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I think MMA needs a weapons division
    The Dog Brothers tried to introduce it but the UFC said it was too "violent".
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Man that guys a TRIPLE black belt!!! And he GAVE HIMSELF a 5th dan in his founded system.

Though one thing about trying to gain multiple streams of income, you shouldn't make them all related to the same industry... if that industry suffers losses, your multiple streams will as well. Diversify man!!!

Two different locations, two different groups.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Here's the official website: San Do Kuen Martial Arts
    Hey Gene, I am pretty sure that these are two different groups of people; at two different locations. One appears to be based out of Washington State, and the other seems to be based out of Virginia.

MARTIAL ARTS ARE FOR SELF-DEFENSE, NOT COMPETITION
    Many people confuse ring sports like boxing, MMA, UFC and kickboxing for self defense systems. Ring sports teach combative techniques, but the techniques are based on and limited by the rules of competition. On the street there are no rules. San Do Kuen focuses on techniques that will save your life, not win you a trophy.

SDK Headquarters
    Gig Harbor Karate Academy:
    6820 Kimball Drive, Suite D, Gig Harbor, WA 98335
    Contact Information:
    •Phone: (253) 851-5425
    •Email: founder@sandokuen.com

San Do
    Text Comments (170)
    Quote Originally Posted by HDWSHOWS
    Trust me its real. We have done 10 fights under the Virginia Boxing Commission.

Yes the sport is tense, but if you truly understand fighting more than one guy you can do it safely. The rules took a very long time to create and were approved by both VA and FL. Both of which are conservative boards. There are 2 Refs and the action is very well controlled.

Surritt Bros. Kung-Fu San Soo
    P.O. Box 4533
    Salem, OR
    97302-8533
    (503) 508-1117

Really? Well, my bad then.

Washington DC/Washington state: Virginia....you can understand my confusion. Thanks for the correction, San Soo Sifu.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

MARTIAL ARTS ARE FOR SELF-DEFENSE, NOT COMPETITION
    Many people confuse ring sports like boxing, MMA, UFC and kickboxing for self defense systems. Ring sports teach combative techniques, but the techniques are based on and limited by the rules of competition. On the street there are no rules. San Do Kuen focuses on techniques that will save your life, not win you a trophy.

(170)[/QUOTE]

translation: we can't fight our way out of a paperbag against real fighters so we pretend we are too deadly to compete against them