Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any of you seen this site?!

Any of you seen this site?!

http://www.internaldamagetaichi.com/

What do you all think of it? I like the fact that he's bringing back the martial reputation to Tai Chi.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

its always nice to see people advancing the martial applicability of taiji.

i mean taiji is just freaking brutal....
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Bringing what back? Taiji has always been a MARTIAL art!

I have one of his DVD's. For the most part solid stuff. A few off the wall applications I would not do, but overall one of the better Taiji application DVD's on the market!

Cheers
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Oh, I like this guy.

What is the "Sacred Yang"?

Taiji is one of the most effective means of combat out there, its inherent principles make it very efficient as well.
    Whether Taiji is predominatly a grappling or striking art is irrelevant, it is tailored to individual preferences.
    The issue is that, by taking the moves from the form and applying them, we MAY not be choosing the bets course of action, bets to take the principles and let th emoves "came out" on their own.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

principles and concepts when understood will always trump a rote technique learned as a response to a situation.
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    principles and concepts when understood will always trump a rote technique learned as a response to a situation.
    Indeed, even when/if a technique becomes obsolete with the changing of the times, its core principles, if valid, will allow for the evolution of the technique to a more effective one.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I like to explain to my students that it is not A+B=C but that A+B=X a variable where you can add all manner of things depending on what you respond with and how the situations can and will change.

If you are training correctly then your concepts should be thoroughly inculcated into your nervous system. If not, then you really should rethink the manner in which you train.

students

I like to explain to my students that it is not A+B=C but that A+B=X a variable where you can add all manner of things depending on what you respond with and how the situations can and will change.

If you are training correctly then your concepts should be thoroughly inculcated into your nervous system. If not, then you really should rethink the manner in which you train.
    Thanks Dale; a very clear description!

I hope you don't mind if I copy that for my students???????

Hmmmm... concepts... what I need is a blackboard (whiteboard) I guess..
    .... Skip

Looks like a good DVD. It looks like he's using Yang. Does anyone know if his DVD goes into any Chen system applications as well?

Skip,

Please feel free to use that with your students.

just say it came from a Big Bald Baguazhang teacher who likes wearing Kilts and drinking ginseng laced single malt......

Quote Originally Posted by Skip J. View Post
    Thanks Dale; a very clear description!

I hope you don't mind if I copy that for my students???????

Hmmmm... concepts... what I need is a blackboard (whiteboard) I guess..
    That was very nice indeed. I'm going to steal it too and take it back to the WC forums so that Terence can try and chew it up.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

scandalized...

Skip,

Please feel free to use that with your students.

just say it came from a Big Bald Baguazhang teacher who likes wearing Kilts and drinking ginseng laced single malt......
    Hey Dale;

Don't take this wrong, but some of my little old Texas ladies would be scandalized if I said it came from someone who lived north of Oklahoma City....
    .... Skip

Based on watching the trailer, some of his apps seem good, but his punches are straight-up goofy!

Quote Originally Posted by Three Harmonies View Post
    Bringing what back? Taiji has always been a MARTIAL art!

I have one of his DVD's. For the most part solid stuff. A few off the wall applications I would not do, but overall one of the better Taiji application DVD's on the market!

Cheers
    Jake
    You and I know that, but the masses that practice it as a means of physical therapy for geriatric patients do not. In fact the majority of the tai chi out there is simply a form set used for "mediation" and "good health". Very infrequently will you find someone who practices the art in its entirety.