Thread: Any of you seen this site?!

Threaded View

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    nothing new. he's doing applications that anyone with knowledge of basic technique can do(figure out) , simply by taking the moves in the form, and extrapolating on them.
    But..is it Tai-Ch'i?
    Some of the moves, such as single whip are, although somewhat workable, are IMHO, not actually the way it was intended to be applied, as far as my brief experience.. Doing the plam strike with your hook hand simply floating in the air? Why is it a hook hand? Don't you think that maybe..it's...um, hooking something?
    Would you drop BOTH your hands down to block a knee strike at a range that leaves your head open?
    Do you think that any martial art that is "highly evolved" would have such "No-No's" as it's application?
    While I think it's great what he's doing-showing that Tai-Chi is first and foremost a Martial Art, and I have no doubt that he can fight with it, which in itself is impressive, you need to ask yourself a question: Is what he is doing what Tai-Chi was intended for? It seems to go against everything I was taught.
    Last edited by TenTigers; 03-14-2010 at 07:08 PM.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.