Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: tao te ching

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Unfortunately, Hendrik, you are, once again, showing off your lack of knowledge and experience and how well you can speculate about what you know nothing about. You are a novice who thinks he is an expert.

My comments are a description my direct experiences, experiences you CLEARLY have not had. This is how I know that you are full of yourself and have no direct experience yourself.

If you had any direct experience you would understand. But since all you can do is repeat what your master taught you without any true understanding you continually embarrass yourself.

Why are you still doing yourself what you criticize others of doing? In this very thread you criticized translations from Chinese, yet you provide translations with commentary of Chinese texts?

You just now falsely claimed my comments originated from book learning and then quoted a book to support your thesis.

How can anyone be so dense and foolish as to not recognize his own, OBVIOUS hypocrisy and ignorance?

Your insight into your own mind is very shallow! You cannot see your own hypocrisy when it is staring you in the face! You speculate that others are speculating while criticizing their descriptions of their own direct experiences as speculations!

I feel very sorry for you! You are a very sad individual who does not recognize that the ignorance he sees in others is his own!

Good Luck along your path, ha ha!!

without showing your Brain wave alter state result, your so called direct experience doesnt mean anything right? so does your speculation.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 03-18-2010 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skip J. View Post

From the looks of Hendrik's website, even though I don't read Chinese, it appears that he may be from a background that utilizes the same 1,000 year old history that you speak of here.

It is not about culture, 1000 year old history, american or chinese.......or indian or martian......etc

it is about does one know what it is and have a process which is working /capable to produce result.

If one investigate Chinese Chan buddhism or Daoism or Qigong or internal martial art....ect and not willing to investigate what is the practice process first hand from those who knows and have the transmission.

then ; it is like talking Nano technology but have never seen and unwilling to know what is done in MIT or STANDFORD university. It is just a hopeless.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    If one investigate Chinese Chan buddhism or Daoism or Qigong or internal martial art....ect and not willing to investigate what is the practice process first hand from those who knows and have the transmission.

then ; it is like talking Nano technology but have never seen and unwilling to know what is done in MIT or STANDFORD university. It is just a hopeless.
    How, Where, and Who does one go to to experience this process and transmission?

without showing your Brain wave alter state result, your so called direct experience doesnt mean anything right? so does your speculation.
    What is this? You have trapped yourself with another conceptualization? I thought you said it takes a sifu to tell you, NOW you want a machine to tell you?

It may be important to you, but it doesn't mean anything to me! I don't need a brain wave machine to tell me what I already know.

I don't care if anyone else "confirms" for me what I know. Needing anyone to confirm for you is nothing more than being trapped by another conceptualization! So, if one needs confirmation, they don't really need it because as long as one needs it, they haven't gotten THERE yet!

I am not in a competition for "empty mindedness". I don't care if I am a Buddha or a slug. I am happy with what I am, where I am and what I do. It is unfortunate to me when I see people trapped by their false concepts Hendrik. And you are trapped by your false concepts thinking you are free. But then it is your life and we are all free to trap ourselves if we chose!

The bottom line is not culture or translation but does the process work.

The process suppose to liberate one from life and death. Does it work?

To the very minimum, has anyone hook up oneself the the brain wave machine and enter to different brain wave state at will? if not , forget about Zhen Qi, forget about Zen, forget about life and death..... one simple cant even do the most minimum.

Why is sifu and lineage and verification important? because one needs to learn what is worked and produce result.
    No Hendrik, The above is important to you!

You are stuck in your conceptual thought speculating about how you "think" things are "supposed" to be based upon what you sifu has taught you, NOt based upon your direct experience.

You continue to speculate based upon what your sifu and lineage have taught you, but you do not see they have only trapped you in simple-mindedness!

Your sifu and lineage has not provided you with anything that I can see other than foolish ideas, an arrogant attitude and a whole he!! of a lot of hypocrisy.

You change your criticisms, and complaints, and opinions on a dime whenever you are trapped by your own arguments and this is a manifestation of your delusion! And I am not the only one who can perceive your delusion. Apparently you are one of the only ones who can't see it actually!

Your comments are not all daft, but they are skewed off the mark just enough to lead you into an attachment to concepts.

Eventually you will see for yourself that your attachment to sifu and lineage is an attachment to false concepts. Once you do, you will be on the way to freeing yourself of their hold on you!

I wish you luck....I will always be here for you to help you see your own delusions for yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by kfson View Post
    Hendrik's sifu of course!

Haven't you been paying attention?

Oh....by the way.....Hendrik's sifu is dead and has been dead for..........Oh, I don't know...20 or 30 years or something like that!

So, Good Luck with that transmission!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    Oh....by the way.....Hendrik's sifu is dead and has been dead for..........Oh, I don't know...20 or 30 years or something like that!

So, Good Luck with that transmission!
    maybe that's what he needs the machine for?...

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    maybe that's what he needs the machine for?...
    <Slaps head>

NOW who's the moron!!!

Texans

It is not about culture, 1000 year old history, american or chinese.......or indian or martian......etc

it is about does one know what it is and have a process which is working /capable to produce result.
    Ah well Hendrik, we're just gonna have to agree-to-disagree; a tried and true old Americanism.

I challenge anybody who claims to know how Texans might feel when folks talk about us who are not from here....... if you don't know what I mean by that then we are having a cross-cultural disconnect at this moment. If you can't talk to me in my own cultural context; how can your Sifu? How can I respect him and learn from him if he cannot speak Texan? Just speaking Americanisms is not enough...

As I said, I disagree.... you are simplifying a very complex problem here..... I do my very best to communicate with folks that have been here in my hometown for 20 years, but sometimes my best is just not good enough. You can get over the border of Oklahoma into Kansas and some of those folks have very strange ideas about life.....
    .... Skip

:d

The stars at night, are big and bright,
    Deep in the heart of Texas !!!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by kfson View Post
    In the field, if one observe carefully for a while, one knows who is the top person in the field. One then go asking to be a serious student, if accepted, one will be teach the process and with the process and coaching, one will certainly progress and attain atleast the minimum.

This is real and serious. a few seconds with an experience sifu could save many decades of hard work.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 03-18-2010 at 04:52 PM.

Skip,

I have no problem with different view.
    everyone takes their own consequence with their choice.

Dao is simple and effortless, so simple that one be able to carry it into the dream and after death. That is what I have learn from my different sifus.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 03-18-2010 at 04:45 PM.

In the field, if one observe carefully for a while, one knows who is the top person in the field. One then go asking to be a serious student, if accepted, one will be teach the process and with the process and coaching, one will certainly progress and attain atleast the minimum.

This is real and serious.
    Soooooooo, it is NOT okay to speculate about Tao, emptiness, Ch'an, etc.

But it IS okay to speculate about who you want your sifu to be?

If one doesn't know anything about the topic, they should observe and decide for themselves based upon what? Who is the most popular? Who is recommended to him by others? He should use false concepts in order to help him find someone who will help him to get beyond concepts?

If you ever started being consistent Hendrik I would worry you have lost your marbles! But since I know you have no marbles I guess it is aright then!

Dao is simple and effortless.
    and those who embrace they way are like the depths of murky water and stand as tall as a bent and old crooked tree - they are beyond fathom.

Thanks!

Skip,

I have no problem with different view.
    everyone takes their own consequence with their choice.

Dao is simple and effortless, so simple that one be able to carry it into the dream and after death. That is what I have learn from my different sifus.
    Thank you Hendrik;

I thought that would be the case!

In my perpetual glass 1/2 full mode; I chose to see that we are all saying similar things just a little bit differently.... different strokes for different folks is another one of those Texanisms....

Hey Gene; don't mind us! We're still threadjacking here.....
    .... Skip