Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Baduanjin (8-section brocade)

Quote Originally Posted by extrajoseph View Post
    Scott R Brown? Is that you?

Don't you realize the consistencies in your behavior here?
    ok, I get it - you're trolling;

it's too bad - your initial response appeared sincere; I responded in kind; then you, apparently, decided to troll;

You can say what you like, you are not the one I like to share my experience with. Go and talk to someone else, you are embarrassingly thick skin like a crocodile!

You can say what you like, you are not the one I like to share my experience with.
    aww, shucks, I feel so rejected!

of course, you still didn't answer my question as to why did you respond in the first place if I am not "the one" you want to share your experiences with?

Go and talk to someone else, you are embarrassingly thick skin like a crocodile!
    I'd have to be thick skinned to survive the painful experience of trying to talk logically to someone as dull-witted as you appear to be
    Last edited by taai gihk yahn; 03-15-2010 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post

I'd have to be thick skinned to survive the painful experience of trying to talk logically to someone as dull-witted as you appear to be
    There is no need to keep talking, you can just stop.

There is no need to keep talking, you can just stop.
    I'm just fine, thank you, I'll "talk" as long as it pleases me;

however, considering that you announced how you were no longer going to participate in this thread almost 2 pages ago, one might wonder when you were going to do just that?

I'l take you non-reply as a sign that you have chosen to live up to your word

Non-reply.

Non-reply.
    another glaring failure, like every other thing you have posted here!

and you still are ducking the question about why you responded in the first place if you didn't want to "share"?
    Last edited by taai gihk yahn; 03-15-2010 at 10:49 PM.

Another glaring insult, like every other thing you have posted here!

You asked for a non-reply and I gave you one, but it looks like you want to have the last word, so why don't you be honest and say so, "I want to have the last word!"

Another glaring insult, like every other thing you have posted here!
    lol, this after all the assumptions and paranoid delusions you dumped on here for the last 3 pages of you completely derailing this thread!

You asked for a non-reply and I gave you one,
    no you didn't; you "gave" a failed attempt at trying to be clever

but it looks like you want to have the last word, so why don't you be honest and say so, "I want to have the last word!"
    projecting yet again, I see...

and ducking as well...

So you do want to have the last word but you won't admit to it, instead you projected onto me projecting, what a pompous a$$ you are!

I will let you reply and then remain silent to show you my good will and understanding of what a poor sot you have been.

Alternatively, just remain silent and we are done with each other.

The Last Word!!!!

@extrajoseph

Thx for the link to that video of Mr. Yang and the advice.

Hi Eugene,

Here is another photo comparison for your interest, on the left is Shaolin Monk Shi Yong-Yao. Look at the similarity and difference in their head tilt, shoulder height, chest/elbow expansion, fingers, knees and feet positions and compare how the upper is "open" while the lower is "closed" (yin/yang balance). Most importantly, look to see which is more stable, more comfortable and more powerful and ask yourself why?

If you cannot tell the difference between the two, that is OK too. There is no need to ask others because they will tell you their level of understanding, experience it yourself instead by slight shifting of the different parts of the body through copying what they are doing and use the comfort and stability of your body as a guide to make a self-aware judgement.

The more advanced you are in your study the more you can differentiate and that is to be expected, meanwhile you can start by copying and feeling which is more comfortable and stable.

You can also study in a similar way using freeze-frame in a video, because a correct movement is made of series of correct zhanzhuang postures link together, and we can study them individually with modern technology.
    Last edited by extrajoseph; 03-16-2010 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott R. Brown View Post
    The Last Word!!!!
    in extraJ's case, I think that it would be "prodjeculation" (projecting and ducking in order to get the Last Word™)

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    @taai gihk yahn, well, my qi kinda stopped when I aimed high in the warrior stances, In the other 3 moves, it went better. But when I stood deep, but I aimed horizontal, the energy was better again, but I am not sure if this had to do with my stances condition, maybe if i have 30 years of practice with warrior stances, my qi would be just as good in a deep mabu stance, that i would also practice for 30 years.
    hey Eugene,

sorry, I missed your response here in the midst of all the festivities!

an aspect of this posture / movement that I have found to be of use is to consider the sinew system as it relates to the lungs and large intestine channels, and also the the yin and yang linking vessels

classically, the movement of "qi" is from proximal to distal along lung and then back along LI; if you consider how the circuit is connected both via the extended hand and the rear hand from one side to the other, that may be useful in terms of how one can regulate the tension in the sinews in order to produce a balanced effect; bearing in mind that this balanced tension is fine tuned by both movement of the hands and regulation of the breath together; of course, the root component of the stance assist in this along the vertical lines, and to also consider that while the lower half of the body is rooted (gan), the upper half maintains the liteness (hing)

as such, I personally have found this particular movement to be rather powerful in terms of assisting the body in its function of auto-regulation (autonomic nervous system function, circadian rhythms, even vestibulo-occular system); my point is that, while one can certainly talk about "qi", at the same time, I personally believe that one needs must have an understanding of contemporary physiology in order to discern what one is feeling and deriving from the practice;

finally, I should say that, while I did suggest the "experiment" of trying the movement with fingers touching and not touching, please understand that I am not attempting to instruct anyone in the specifics of the posture, as it is, AFAIK, a relatively complex movement which is set-up very speifically to get the quality of balanced tension in the sinews that I mentioned above; so certainly I can understand that anothers experience of this posture may be much different than mine;