Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gong Zi Fu Hu Quan

Gong Zi Fu Hu Quan

My last post was a wrong translation. i just finished learning a tiger form, may or may not be connected to hung gar the name is Gong Zi Fu Hu Quan, anyone know about this form and have any links to it?

It is a Hung Gar form.

Take your pick, hopefully you can see these vids in China:

http://so.tudou.com/isearch/%E5%B7%A...9%8E%E6%8B%B3/

tried that yesterday,not there, but thanks.

Gong Zi Fu Hu Quan = Gong ji fook fu kuen

-Along the I shape, subdue the tiger.-
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Yup. Gung Ji Fook Fu Kuen, generally one of the first forms taught in Hung Gar.
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

I have seen that form many time and even learned it a while back from Yees Hung Gar. This is a totally different form. I don't know why I keep getting these wrong translations.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz cool c View Post
    I have seen that form many time and even learned it a while back from Yees Hung Gar. This is a totally different form. I don't know why I keep getting these wrong translations.
    Hung Gar has spent a while off the mainland.
    The translation problems are coming from the names not being in the Cantonese and instead being in putonghua (mandarin).

Also, Hung style is not all the same, but shares many same things from it's shaolin roots.

So forms can look quite different in pattern and sequence, but often, they contain the same information oddly enough!

Old Hung Gar, LSW Hung Gar, Tang Fung Hung Gar, Sil Lum Tiger Crane, Sil Lum Black Tiger...all Hung styles and all different from each.

You are not going to find one school doing exactly the same thing as another. There will always be flavour added.

If it's from the same line, it will resemble more closely, if the break in the line occurred earlier, greater changes may exist.

IN all honesty, I'd just be happy with what I am learning and continue on and not worry too much about it.

the lineage and intellectual stuff really doesn't matter much if the training is sound.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Thanks for the info David. Do you or anyone know of a link showing this form [Mui Fa Kuen] other than youtube. the description sound like it might be the form. it is short and has tiger claw movements.

lol wow! some sharp criticisms over there!

You guys got some Yang abundance I think. lol
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Yang abundance, I don't know... The discussions there are always on topic, very civilized, and fights are practically non-existent.

If you are into Hung Kuen, be sure to at least check the forum out before you judge. There is a lot to be gained from a great bunch of people.

Hung Kuen Yat Gar!

Quote Originally Posted by Asmo View Post
    Yang abundance, I don't know... The discussions there are always on topic, very civilized, and fights are practically non-existent.

If you are into Hung Kuen, be sure to at least check the forum out before you judge. There is a lot to be gained from a great bunch of people.

Hung Kuen Yat Gar!
    lol, I did check it out and that's why I made that comment. I find it funny that you would make this remark as it was a couple of your comments that made me think that! Like where you bag on this forum for being run down etc..

It's all good man. But don't rag on me for making my comment.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    Hung Gar has spent a while off the mainland.
    The translation problems are coming from the names not being in the Cantonese and instead being in putonghua (mandarin).

Also, Hung style is not all the same, but shares many same things from it's shaolin roots.

So forms can look quite different in pattern and sequence, but often, they contain the same information oddly enough!

Old Hung Gar, LSW Hung Gar, Tang Fung Hung Gar, Sil Lum Tiger Crane, Sil Lum Black Tiger...all Hung styles and all different from each.

You are not going to find one school doing exactly the same thing as another. There will always be flavour added.

If it's from the same line, it will resemble more closely, if the break in the line occurred earlier, greater changes may exist.

IN all honesty, I'd just be happy with what I am learning and continue on and not worry too much about it.

the lineage and intellectual stuff really doesn't matter much if the training is sound.
    Quite correct, mine is from Macao.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    we are pretty harsh critics, I admit. But at the same time, you'll never see a more supportive group either. We want Hung Kuen to grow and maintain high standards of excellence.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

so far so good at hungkyun.com, nice guys over there, and plenty of useful information over there - more stuff on the way, eg. http://www.hungkyun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1138
    PM

Practical Hung Kyun 實用洪拳

www.practicalhungkyun.com