Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Democrats may pass healthcare without a vote!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    I don't really approve of the way it's being passed, but Republicans have basically just decided to stonewall anything Obama does in an attempt to get more votes in the upcoming elections. They don't want a debate because they have no alternatives to debate about. I also don't approve of the idea of Americans being punished for NOT carrying insurance. Seems like a money grab from the lobbyists ala car insurance and mandatory seatbelt and helmet laws.
    That's what politics are. They may be the minority Party in Congress, but that doesn't mean they should just STFU and get out of the way. This country is set up to avoid steamrolling bills into law.

If this bill is so good and on the up-and-up, why are Senators being bribed, locked door meetings among one Party (despite Obama's promise of bipartisanship and open Government ), and threats of shenanigans instead of an up-and-down vote? Answer that.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Well, I don't see the word "vote" either...
    It's in there in the entire Clause. Here ya go!

"Every bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the Senate shall, before it become a law, be presented to the President of the United States; if he approves, he shall sign it, but if not he shall return it, with his objections to that House in which it shall have originated, who shall enter the objections at large on their journal, and proceed to reconsider it. If after such reconsideration two thirds of that House shall agree to pass the bill, it shall be sent, together with the objections, to the other House, by which it shall likewise be reconsidered, and if approved by two thirds of that House, it shall become a law. But in all such cases the votes of both Houses shall be determined by yeas and nays, and the names of the persons voting for and against the bill shall be entered on the journal of each House respectively. If any bill shall not be returned by the President within ten days (Sundays excepted) after it shall have been presented to him, the same shall be a law, in like manner as if he had signed it, unless the Congress by their adjournment prevent its return, in which case it shall not be a law."
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

One more thing...

Will the American people get their promised 72 hours to review and comment on the proposed legislation that O'bama promised we would get?

I'll bet not.

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
    That's what politics are. They may be the minority Party in Congress, but that doesn't mean they should just STFU and get out of the way. This country is set up to avoid steamrolling bills into law.
    Stalling and stonewalling to create "Obama's Waterloo" is just to attempt to pick up more seats and does nothing for the country.

The fact is, Republicans have no alternative ideas.

If this bill is so good and on the up-and-up, why are Senators being bribed, locked door meetings among one Party (despite Obama's promise of bipartisanship and open Government ), and threats of shenanigans instead of an up-and-down vote? Answer that.
    Well, to quote you, "That's what politics are."

One could ask why Bush never vetoed any bills while Republicans had control of Congress, but immediatley began veoting when Democrats assumed power. But we all know the answer, don't we?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Will the American people get their promised 72 hours to review and comment on the proposed legislation that O'bama promised we would get?

I'll bet not.
    Seriously? The bill has been out there for a lot longer that 72 hours (since at least 12/24/09, which is when the Senate passed it).

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    Seriously? The bill has been out there for a lot longer that 72 hours (since at least 12/24/09, which is when the Senate passed it).

Nancy Pelosi: We Need to Pass Health Care Bill to Find Out What’s In It

http://www.breitbart.tv/nancy-pelosi...t-whats-in-it/

March 9, 2010

Stalling and stonewalling to create "Obama's Waterloo" is just to attempt to pick up more seats and does nothing for the country.
    Get out of here with those talking points.

They don't want to nationalize 1/6th of the US economy, their constituents oppose it, its unconstitutional, and they don't like the Medicare cuts that are needed for this.

The fact is, Republicans have no alternative ideas.
    More talking points. Call them 'the Party of No' next.

One could ask why Bush never vetoed any bills while Republicans had control of Congress, but immediatley began veoting when Democrats assumed power. But we all know the answer, don't we?
    You sure he never vetoed even one? Can you back that up, please?

Where can I find it?

Quote Originally Posted by Luk Hop View Post
    Nancy Pelosi: We Need to Pass Health Care Bill to Find Out What’s In It

http://www.breitbart.tv/nancy-pelosi...t-whats-in-it/

March 9, 2010
    Thank you!

Where can I find it?
    Gee, I don't know. How about here?

http://democrats.senate.gov/reform/p...-as-passed.pdf

Nope. That's not it.

Here is O'bama himself on Weds saying it has not been posted yet:

"President Obama pledged in an interview with Fox News on Wednesday that the final provisions of his health care plan "are going to be posted for many days before this thing passes" to give the public a chance to review it.

As of Thursday afternoon, the final version of the bill had not yet been posted to a congressional Web site and the highly touted Congressional Budget Office cost estimates were still listed only as "preliminary."

That means the 72-hour window Democrats are promising to give the public to review the language has not actually started. Only after the bill is posted to the House Rules Committee Web site does that clock start ticking.

The bill has not yet been released because lawmakers are still tweaking it. "Changes are being made even now," Rep. Eliot Engel, D-N.Y., said."

Source:
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...cost-estimate/

Well, I see you've given up on the whole "Democrats may pass healthcare without a vote!" thing. Considering how wrong you were (and how easy it was to demonstrate that), I guess it's not surprising that you've decided to change tacks.

Well, I see you've given up on the whole "Democrats may pass healthcare without a vote!" thing. Considering how wrong you were (and how easy it was to demonstrate that), I guess it's not surprising that you've decided to change tacks.
    Two things.

1) Just last night O'bama did not take the 'passing without voting' option off the table.

2) Notice my original post said "MAY".

1) Just last night O'bama did not take the 'passing without voting' option off the table.
    No such option exists you are arguing against a conservative phantasm.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

Two things.

2) Notice my original post said "MAY".
    Why don't you start being a bit more adult by simply saying President Obama, much like how you'd like to see someone write Fmr. President Bush? Hell, even use their last name by itself, but don't try and mock his name. That's childish. I expect that from BD, not you.
    The weakest of all weak things is a virtue that has not been tested in the fire.
    ~ Mark Twain

Everyone has a plan until they’ve been hit.
    ~ Joe Lewis

A warrior may choose pacifism; others are condemned to it.
    ~ Author unknown

"You don't feel lonely.Because you have a lively monkey"

"Ninja can HURT the Spartan, but the Spartan can KILL the Ninja"