Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4th Empty Hand Form of Wing Chun

4th Empty Hand Form of Wing Chun

From the Ving Tsun Athletic Association...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqVthX1TV5s&feature=grec

Apparently a combination of forms... odd... is this an "official" form now?
    Time
    Slips through fingers
    Like this world of dust

I think it is for demonstrations.

Then why not just demonstrate the three boxing forms consecutively? Or do you think they were wanting elements of the dummy and weapon sets in the new form?
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

It's not a new form, it's a competition form, comprising of all 3 forms and movements also from Baat Jam Dou.
    "In fighting, the hand you can see will not hurt you, the hand you cannot see, will hurt you." - Grandmaster Gary Lam

That's the thing. These guys put their efforts into creating a competition form...when they should be focusing their efforts in improving the overall quality of wing chun as a whole. Like working on making sure wing chun's reputation isn't tarnished by greed and political matters...and making sure what's being practiced is actually proven to produce good fighters.

Not creating a dance for some dance competition --oops-- I mean wushu competition.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

It's the VTAA, what do you expect? Like adding legs to the painting of a snake.

The form is lame, and not aesthetically pleasing at all.

Worse yet, the local shoulder power of the practitioners is so apparent - they have not learned to use their horse, body, pelvis together.

IMO, the 3 classical sets are better, and the Hung Jong is a better show of essentials.

TWC's 4 sets are more aesthetic, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Vankuen View Post
    That's the thing. These guys put their efforts into creating a competition form...when they should be focusing their efforts in improving the overall quality of wing chun as a whole. Like working on making sure wing chun's reputation isn't tarnished by greed and political matters...and making sure what's being practiced is actually proven to produce good fighters.

Not creating a dance for some dance competition --oops-- I mean wushu competition.
    well said

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Like the man said...."I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members..." Groucho Marx
    sad ...

Form competitions ??? What's the point?

Even chi sao competitions are extremely limited in what they actually prove or develop. But form competitions? I just don't get it.

It doesn't further the development or the reputation of the art, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by cerebus View Post

Odd it is, and perhaps only something the Ip Family can explain. I wouldn't go as far as to call it 'official' though, maybe just testing the water?

It would be interesting to see a students development if this was the only form they practised IMO. A way of holding back the original six perhaps, and not so different than learning a point based system as loose hand applications.

A collection of Ip Chings favourite sets? Like I said, ask him!
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Opposite ...its making the 'leaders' of the Organization seem detached from whats going on in terms of 'fighting' .... We dont need to win dancing competitions or chi-sao competitions, they are a joke unto themselves.

this is ****ing brilliant.
    It is bias to think that the art of war is just for killing people. It is not to kill people, it is to kill evil. It is a strategem to give life to many people by killing the evil of one person.
    - Yagyū Munenori

Quote Originally Posted by cerebus View Post

if they seriously believe in what GM IpMan said " one set is better", then it is as simple as go investigating Yik Kam's one set four section SLT, everything is there. Dont need to create something new but inherit whatever it has been there on board of the Red Boat.

Quote Originally Posted by chusauli View Post
    The form is lame, and not aesthetically pleasing at all.

Worse yet, the local shoulder power of the practitioners is so apparent - they have not learned to use their horse, body, pelvis together.

IMO, the 3 classical sets are better, and the Hung Jong is a better show of essentials.

TWC's 4 sets are more aesthetic, IMO.

Agree.

doing the WCK as the clip might as well. go stuffs up the chest and passed out.

Some one needs to get real instead fantasy on mimicing movement which is a problematic movement to begin with.