Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wah Lum website

JKDVIGILANTE Guest

Wah Lum website

I am interested in this style and was hoping someone could help me. The school I am curious about is 'WAH LUM KUNG FU & TAI CHI OF TAMPA'. Address: 3951 Kennedy Blvd W. Their website is:www.wahlum.org (Superpages.com) I would greatly appreciate any info. thanks,

------------------

J.L.B.

willfu Guest
    I don’t know much about the school. But I know that it is a good one. When I was on vacation in Florida I studied with a person that studied there for quite a few years. He spoke very highly of it. So I would definitely recommend going there if you live anywhere near there.

JKDVIGILANTE Guest
    Thanks willfu, that sounds encouraging.

------------------

J.L.B.

Kram1 Guest
    JKD,

There is a new praying mantis school in tampa. taught by John scolaro, just back from taiwan where he studied for 8yrs under Jeng Jong head of the taiwan M.A. team. The style is Pong Lai Wu Ji Praying mantis Gong Fu. I attended their 1st class yesterday Very good! 2 hr classes 3x/week. Only draw back is the expense $$$! Limited class size, excellent applications. It seemed that some of the students were form the Wah Lum school, which I hear is also good (altho different emphasis).
    Kram1

Lost_Disciple Guest
    Anybody got a phone number or address for the John Scolaro school?

I'd really like his contact info as well.

Kram1 Guest
    Hi guys,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Here is the address and phone number for the Pong Lai Martial Arts Center USA.

1542 N. Franklin St. ( Just north of the overpass ) Tampa Fl. 33602
    tel: 813-221-5229

Mark

mantisgirl Guest
    Hi jkdvigilante. You should go one over to the tampa school!! Sifu Hasse is great! He was my first sifu and you'll get alot of info from him if your really interested. Take the time to sit in on a class i think you'll enjoy it. warning this sifu will work you hard!!!! I loved it though.
    Zu nyn hao yun!!!

jut sow Guest
    tom hasse sucks,if u don't believe me, ask the chinese people in tampa.

on the other hand john scolero's kf is very good,also if u don't believe me, ask the chinese people in tampa.

XfeihungX Guest
    jut sow...who the hell are u to say sifu tom haase sucks!i bet your kung fu isn't that great either...u say you're a true martial artist and all this other junk but then u over hear talkin trash...u have no respect what so ever.!!!You give hard workin, true martial artist a bad name.

jut sow Guest
    wong fei hung, don' t hate the playa, hate the game. go back to practicing ur ping choi's.if u guys only knew whatz up.

KeyEssence Guest
    " Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people!
    JUT SOW........Going to the Wah Lum Tournament?.......probally not.....sparing Adult advanced?.....you should, Id love to show you my wrestling hands! I laugh at your ignorance.

jut sow Guest
    key essence, you never know, i might be there. 2nd i don't play tag at tournaments. i would be happy to humble ur smart ass. don't let ur mouth write checks ur body can't cash.u think ur tough talk impresses me? cya around , oh don't whip anyones ass on the way home tonight.

mantisgirl Guest
    Jut sow never assume here say!! Seek the truth of such words if you are so inclined to share them. All sifus have their strong and weak points as well as everyone. He worked for me and i was in the best shape of my life back then. Remember to never,i mean never bad mouth other kung fu brothers and sisters it's so unbecoming of such a great group of people we have here!!!!! Including yourself jut sow!!!!

Zu nyn hao yun!

KeyEssence Guest
    Your comments reflect your mind and spirit, I think you are the one who needs to be humbled! Its easy to sit behind a computer and make commets..but face to face is another story! like a twig!
    It seems you've forgotten the whole goal of being a martial artist. Anyway man i don't know you.....and you don't know me....you know nothing of martial arts ethics, no respect. don't get me wrong your entitled to your opinion but look carefully at your assumptions. I wish you luck in breaking free from the shackles of your own arrogance an ego. search for light never drown in darkness!!

"dont debate...open the gate.....to a clearer mind state.....

peace