Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

i was so bored through this movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Oscar nominated

I knew Rooney would get the nom

Actress In a Leading Role / Rooney Mara The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
    Rooney Mara portrays Lisbeth Salander, a troubled young woman who is hired as a research assistant by a journalist investigating a decades-old mystery.

Academy Awards History

This is the first Academy Award nomination for Rooney Mara.

Cinematography / The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo Jeff Cronenweth
    Academy Awards History

This is the second Academy Award nomination for Jeff Cronenweth. He was previously nominated for:

THE SOCIAL NETWORK (2010)
    Nominee, Cinematography
    Film Editing / The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Kirk Baxter and Angus Wall

Academy Awards History

This is the third Academy Award nomination for Kirk Baxter. He was previously nominated for:
    Winner, Film Editing

THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON (2008)
    Nominee, Film Editing

This is the third Academy Award nomination for Angus Wall. He was previously nominated for:
    Winner, Film Editing

Nominee, Film Editing
    Sound Editing / The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Ren Klyce

Academy Awards History

Including his nomination this year for Sound Mixing for THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO, this is the fifth Academy Award nomination for Ren Klyce. He was previously nominated for:

Nominee, Sound Mixing

Nominee, Sound Mixing

FIGHT CLUB (1999)
    Nominee, Sound Effects Editing
    On a related note, the Extended Version of the Millennium Trilogy was recently released on DVD. The original three Swedish films were for TV and were longer.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

the most important question

In the longer versions, can you spot the KFM magazine on the table?

kfm isnt in the american version...and in the swedish version in the second film it isnt on the table either...its displayed prominently when the cops are checking lisbeths mail or what they persume to be her mail.
    Last edited by doug maverick; 01-25-2012 at 11:49 AM.

You mean mail, not mail - spelling counts here

Our ace critic at the SF Chron explains the Millennium Trilogy release:

DVD review: 'Dragon Tattoo Trilogy Extended'
    Mick LaSalle
    Sunday, January 22, 2012
    Music Box Films / Amazon.com
    WILD APPLAUSE

You may be a fan of the "Dragon Tattoo" trilogy, but unless you've seen the films in their original Swedish versions, you don't fully know the series. For example, I've received outraged letters from fans of the first "Dragon Tattoo" film saying that David Fincher's American version corrupted the ending of the original Swedish film. But in fact these letters are complaining about things that were in the Swedish version - as it was seen in Sweden - and then cut from the American release. Swedish television must really be something. Most of Ingmar Bergman's later films started out in long TV versions, then were cut by at least a third for theatrical release worldwide. The "Dragon Tattoo" series, meanwhile, was made up of six installments (two for each novel), each clocking in at almost 90 minutes. So the material for each of the three movies was cut from approximately three hours of content. Sometimes the cuts were beneficial and streamlined the story ("The Girl Who Played With Fire" was better shorter), but sometimes the extra length was a virtue ("The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo"). In addition, the set includes a 53-minute documentary about novelist Stieg Larsson and his work and behind-the-scenes footage. Seen in its entirety, the series has the languorous feel of something made for television. If you have a Blu-ray player, get the Blu-ray. It looks great and can be found on line for much less than the list price.

Dragon Tattoo Trilogy Extended Edition
    Various dates
    Not rated
    Music Box Films
    $79.95
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

i was like what is gene talking about i spelled mail correctly then i saw...i spelled male...lmao...thank gene...

in other news...the oscar noms overall are bland...the best picture noms were movies that didnt even do well with the exception of the help...

Won for Film Editing

Another Oscar for Kirk Baxter
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Another Oscar for Kirk Baxter
    yup well deserved...!!! the oscars sucked thou...i hated the subtext of trying to get people to go to the movies more. and not to mention the staleness of the whole thing, i smelled mothballs coming out of my tv it was so old...the academy is really really out of step with the times.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    yup well deserved...!!! the oscars sucked thou...i hated the subtext of trying to get people to go to the movies more. and not to mention the staleness of the whole thing, i smelled mothballs coming out of my tv it was so old...the academy is really really out of step with the times.
    I know...it was somewhat weird. Like a room full of antiquities demanding to be relevant in the here and now.

It's only a matter of time before the studio system collapses like a borders book store.

There are Directors out there who are into the cutting edge or production, but it is the behemoth studio system that needs to fall before there is greater freedom of film making and forward thinking in it.

There's a tipping point that has been reached and a gap that hasn't been spoken to.

Should make for an interesting scene over the next decade.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

The Diaz/J-Lo gratuitous ass was tiresome...

...but it was so much better than last years.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

...but it was so much better than last years.
    i thought that was funny...considering that both woman had been with puffy...i wonder if puffy was like...**** how can i get them into a threesome...hahaha..

another well deserved award was bob richardson, he finally got his award, the guy has lensed the last few scoresese films, as well ass both kill bills, inglorious basterds, platoon, and a plethora of other films...he is one of the best cinematographers in the game.

Did you see the nipple slip?

I totally missed it. There's a lot of news about it. If there was one, it was overshadowed by J Lo's big booty.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I totally missed it. There's a lot of news about it. If there was one, it was overshadowed by J Lo's big booty.
    i missed it lol

The designer says it didn't happen

2012 Oscars: Jennifer Lopez didn’t suffer wardrobe malfunction; Stylist claims there were no chances of ‘slips’
    Mock Twitter account with the handle @JLosNipple was created after alleged fashion faux pas
    By Cristina Everett / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Monday, February 27, 2012, 11:28 AM

HOLLYWOOD, CA - FEBRUARY 26: Presentors Jennifer Lopez and Cameron Diaz speak onstage during the 84th Annual Academy Awards held at the Hollywood & Highland Center on February 26, 2012 in Hollywood, California. (Photo by Mark Davis/WireImage)
    Mark Davis/WireImage

Despite the hoopla surrounding Jennifer Lopez’s potential fashion faux pas, her stylist insists she did not have a wardrobe malfunction at the Oscars.

The singer-actress, who presented the Academy Award for Best Costume Design and Makeup alongside Cameron Diaz at Sunday night’s show, donned a Zuhair Murad dress with a plunging neckline that had many viewers raising their eyebrows.

At first glance, the low-cut gown appeared to have showed a little too much of J.Lo’s left breast during the few minutes she was on live television.

Her stylist, however, denies there was any “slips,” claiming the sexy gown was designed with special built-in cups that would have prevented any such incident.

“The Oscar dress was custom made for Jennifer,” stylist Mariel Haenn told EW. “The dress fit perfectly to her every inch.

“While the dress did give the illusion of sheer-ness, jokes on everyone who wishes they saw something!”

Regardless of what actually happened, the speculation created such a sensation on the Internet Sunday night that a mock Twitter account with the handle @JLosNipple was born. As of Monday morning, the account has garnered nearly 2,000 followers.

“For people that don't have HD....I understand why you aren't following me,” one post reads. “For everyone else....you're welcome.”
    Unless it's got a shuriken on it, I'm not that intrigued with nipple slips.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

looks like a slight slight, partial nipple circle..not exactly a nip slip..lol...but now puffy p diddy diddy whatever you wanna call him...he is my new hero.