Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Progression without Chi Sao, is it possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Some view wing chun as an art only a lucky few got, which many practise wrong but are unwilling or can't say how it should be practised correctly beyond a few general posts...makes you wonder why they actually post on threads
    When someone can't make their art work, there are a few possible explanations.
    1. They haven't finished learning it.
    2. What they learned is wrong.
    3. Nobody could ever possibly make it work (AKA "not my fault").

In order to protect their self-esteem, some people will struggle to convince everyone of option number 3. Because only by successfully convincing others, can they conquer their own insecurities.

(Observation courtesy of Eric Hoffer, one of Bruce Lee's favorite thinkers.)

Quote Originally Posted by MartialDev View Post

In order to protect their self-esteem, some people will struggle to convince everyone of option number 3. Because only by successfully convincing others, can they conquer their own insecurities.

Looks like Hoffer ran into Terrence at some point.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

Quote Originally Posted by MartialDev View Post

Well I didn't want to say it, but I was totally thinking all this =P

Moses