Thread: Does anyone have experience with the "everything wing chun" website? Care to share?

Does anyone have experience with the "everything wing chun" website? Care to share?

I recently purchased the luk dim bun gwun and the baat jam do from these guys and wanted to see if anyone had any experience with their products and service.

I also purchased my third dummy from Great Lion Co...which oddly enough no longer makes "wooden" dummies, but PVC body dummies with wooden arms and metal legs. Clark is a great guy and has great products, but I'll let you guys know how this whole PVC body stuff goes.

If no one else has any experiences they'd like to share about either company or product, I'll still get back on here later to let you guys know how things work out with my stuff both in terms of quality, service, and shipment.

-Van
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

Alright ya'll, so everything is in now.

The pole is 9 feet long, about 5 lbs. It's very high quality and from the Buick supplier. Came very quickly.

The knives, they're stainless steel, have a good (light) weight to them compared to my other set of knives. The grips are a little small, and the blades are uneven and one tip was slightly dinged. But otherwise good quality. Shipping time was....ok.

The dummy--just came in today. I'll have to get back to you guys tonight when I return home to build it up. It will be my 3rd from Clark and the first PVC body one that I've used. Shipping was top notch in terms of packaging, and UPS got it to me quickly.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

Hello Van,

I purchased a couple books from EverythingWingChun.com, always arrived on time and in decent condition, haven't purchased any training gear though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_H View Post
    Hello Van,

I purchased a couple books from EverythingWingChun.com, always arrived on time and in decent condition, haven't purchased any training gear though.
    Same here.

The dummy is superbably done! I had it all done up in black; the body, arms, and legs.

I worked on it today and found no discernable difference in the application. The dummy is lighter because the body is hollow, but the dummy's benefits don't come from bashing on it...

Ultimately, I'm pleased with everything! Though it would have been nice to have it be a little less expensive.

Bought the Chu Shong Tin 1998 DVDs and it was all good. They gave paper disc sleeves along in case i wanted to use to put the DVDs. They also emailed me the translation script as i forgot to ask them for a copy before they shipped. Wanted more info about the 1997 set to see what is different but the owner hadn't seen it and iirc, took a long time to reply. Shipping prices seem expensive though. Had stuff shipped from DVD stores in the US for much less.