Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: You Democrats...

You Democrats...

what is your idea of the perfect U.S. government/society?

Star Trek! (not a Dem or Repub, but I couldn't resist contributing to this thread).

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    Star Trek! (not a Dem or Repub, but I couldn't resist contributing to this thread).
    Are you saying democrats and republicans are not fully developed?

"The Prime Directive dictates that there can be no interference with the internal development of pre-warp civilizations, consistent with the historical real world concept of Westphalian sovereignty. It has special implications, however, for civilizations that have not yet developed the technology for interstellar spaceflight ("pre-warp"), since no primitive culture can be given or exposed to any information regarding advanced technology or the existence of extraplanetary civilizations, lest this exposure alter the natural development of the civilization."

Quote Originally Posted by kfson View Post
    Cuba is a great example.

They used to have the USSR to admire, but somehow that perfect system of government collapsed upon itself. Just like Ronald Reagan said it would.

But Kfson, it is a great question. I'll bet you won't get many answers from them though.
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams

Meh, I'm not here to proselytize, I just want to debate people. I'll even play devil advocate if no one disagrees with me.

Why don’t you tell us how it should be, and I can tell you why you're wrong.
    - 三和拳

"Civilize the mind but make savage the body" Mao Tse Tsung

"You're certainly intelligent enough to know how to be a good person without the lead weights of religious dogma." Serpent

"There is no evidence that the zombie progeny of an incestuous space ghost cares what people do." MasterKiller

"If there isn't a chance that you're going to lose in a fight, then you're not fighting tough enough competition." ShaolinTiger00

BLOG
    MYSPACE
    FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE

what I'd like to see

The elimination of the electoral college so that every vote counts.

A movement to separate business and state just as active as the movement that separates church and state.

A TMZ like expose TV show that follows politicians so that everyone knows when they're acting like sleaze balls.

You won't get many answers because most Democrats, contrary to Fox News, think the one we have works pretty well. Eliminate the lobbyists influence in government, reduce corporate influence in government, provide equal funding to alternative parties, and quit spending billions on Neo-Con idealism and redirect that money back into our schools and social institutions to provide for own citizens.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

A TMZ like expose TV show that follows politicians so that everyone knows when they're acting like sleaze balls.
    Here is an earlier exposé of what goes on in a place called Bohemian Grove where high level politicians and other elite members of society go to "rest":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_PAqT2JZOw

I would happily settle for
    1.) Complete revocation of corporate personhood.
    2.) A complete end to a standing military and offensive wars.
    3.) Abolition of the Federal Reserve (it makes wars too easy)
    4.) A reworking of the prison laws, so that restitution for non-lethal crimes against victims was the goal, the death penalty for all DNA-substantiated convictions of heinous murders or multiple murders and immediate release of all convicted persons who had were convicted of victimeless crimes.

Obviously this isn't going to happen so I vote Democrat cause they are not *quite* as bad as the GOP on wars and incarceration as a national past-time.
    "The first stage is to get the Gang( hard, solid power). every movement should be done with full power and in hard way, also need to get the twisting and wrapping power, whole body's tendon and bones need to be stretched to get the Gang( hard) power. "
    -Bi Tianzou -

I's just north of you. It's called Canada. :-)

oh, + Star Trek.

that would be perfection!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I's just north of you. It's called Canada. :-)

oh, + Star Trek.

that would be perfection!
    There's a small group of my friends and I in the TV arts and animation biz that are seriously considering immigrating to Canada in the next couple of years. We're big fans of public health and the subsidies given to film and animation artists. So, maybe soon I'll be flying the Canadian flag, mispronouncing "out", and calling everyone hosers... A.

There's a small group of my friends and I in the TV arts and animation biz that are seriously considering immigrating to Canada in the next couple of years. We're big fans of public health and the subsidies given to film and animation artists. So, maybe soon I'll be flying the Canadian flag, mispronouncing "out", and calling everyone hosers... A.
    Better check those immigration laws! Canada's are pretty strict. You can't just up and move.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Because the health of a nation has value, I would rather support a public option as opposed to sending troops to a foreign land and have them stay there for the next 100 years! I want to spend my tax dollars in US and not over by there!

Quote Originally Posted by mawali View Post
    Because the health of a nation has value, I would rather support a public option as opposed to sending troops to a foreign land and have them stay there for the next 100 years! I want to spend my tax dollars in US and not over by there!
    Dang right. This is why I stand with the Democrats. The only honest Republican in my view is Ron Paul. He's the one who preaches fiscal responsibility AND then votes accordingly.

He's a man of principle. The GOP in general has NONE. Fiscal responsibility? Yes we support it and let's start two wars without paying for them via deficit spending.

I got no respect for them. At least the Demos say "we are doing what feels most compassionate" and I can say "yeah.. you are voting your principles, such as they are".

To my way of thinking the Democrats are often honest, the few Libertarians are generally quite honest, the Republicans are just corporate shills and warmongers.

Since I have the practical choice of Demo or GOP.. I go with the one who will spend (possibly waste) the money largely at home. Here it might do some good. Killing lots of brown people overseas goes beyond waste.. it's just revolting.
    "The first stage is to get the Gang( hard, solid power). every movement should be done with full power and in hard way, also need to get the twisting and wrapping power, whole body's tendon and bones need to be stretched to get the Gang( hard) power. "
    -Bi Tianzou -

Quote Originally Posted by dimethylsea View Post
    He's a man of principle. The GOP in general has NONE. Fiscal responsibility? Yes we support it and let's start two wars without paying for them via deficit spending.
    But yet when Democrat Obama continues the two wars, and then adds 'free' healthcare to 30+ million people via deficit spending, this is fiscal responsibility?

I got no respect for them. At least the Demos say "we are doing what feels most compassionate" and I can say "yeah.. you are voting your principles, such as they are".
    So when Democrats had to be bribed to vote for healthcare, this is "voting your principles"?

To my way of thinking the Democrats are often honest, the few Libertarians are generally quite honest, the Republicans are just corporate shills and warmongers.
    Didn't we just send another Democrat, William Jefferson, to prison for bribery, etc? When is the last time a Republican went to prison for bribery?
    When given the choice between big business and big government, choose big business. Big business never threw millions of people into gas chambers, but big government did.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men" -Samuel Adams