Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New TWC?

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    Kangaroos don't kneel ... but for that matter I don't think horses do either
    Actually they can.. They can also skip rope and prance backwards (which looks scaringly similar to MJ's moonwalk). If you ever get a chance to see a real traditional Mariachi performance in Mexico, you'll see first hand what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by duende View Post
    Actually they can.. They can also skip rope and prance backwards (which looks scaringly similar to MJ's moonwalk). If you ever get a chance to see a real traditional Mariachi performance in Mexico, you'll see first hand what I'm talking about.
    You can tell I live in a city, can't you?
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Talking Horses can do tricks-don't know about the Roo

Hello,

I had the opportunity to see the Lippizan Horses perform and I must say it was impressive. I do recall seeing them kneel at one point in the show although I do not remember why. Most of the movements had to do with battle and were mainly raising up on the hind legs to see better, if I recall correctly.

All in all a wonderful show.

I know nothing about the Kangaroo, other than watching them in the zoo or seeing Kangaroo Jack. Accoding to that movie they are smarter than many people, particularily as evidenced by some of the posts on this forum
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    You can tell I live in a city, can't you?
    No sweat, I'm pretty much a city boy myself these days.

Dave.. I'll have to check out a Lippizan horse show one of these days too. Thanks for the tip.

they don't kneel that i know of. They lean forward and their knees nearly touch the ground when they move slow but i have never heard of them kneeling.

Quote Originally Posted by bennyvt View Post
    they don't kneel that i know of. They lean forward and their knees nearly touch the ground when they move slow but i have never heard of them kneeling.
    Hi Benny,

Got to: http://www.lipizzaner.com/home.asp

There is at least one pic in the photo gallery where at least one horse has a leg bent at the knee on the ground. I am not sure, but I would say this qualifies as kneeling.
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

sooooooooooo.... this is the kangaroo thread now?

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

From Goju's signature line:

The Internet: A place where your inner retard can run wild.

Often true!

Old twc...!!!

Just noticed this on the vid recently posted on another thread (From Ip Man to Bruce Lee)...

and it blew my mind!

It's on part 1 of the vids that Dan Insanto made concerning this topic...if you pick it up at about...

1:50 of the vid, Dan starts talking about Bruce Lee's early days training wing chun in Hong Kong at Yip Man's school - and how Yip Man assigned William Cheung and Wong Shun Leung to train Bruce.

And then we see two very early photos of William Cheung (he's clearly still a teenager)...and in the first photo...

he's posing in the TWC neutral side (body) stance, with the hands positioned on the right side of the central line - in front of his right chest/pectoral muscle...

and not on his main centerline !!!!

Very interesting, Watson...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxr0s1zCyl8

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatewingchun View Post
    And then we see two very early photos of William Cheung (he's clearly still a teenager)...and in the first photo...

he's posing in the TWC neutral side (body) stance, with the hands positioned on the right side of the central line - in front of his right chest/pectoral muscle...

and not on his main centerline !!!!
    Not really what I see..

I see the plain vanilla jong sao, right on 'the line' but with him slightly bladed, he appears weighted evenly and you can't see the stance at all... A far cry IMO from the NSS we see later, but again the stance is really out of the frame. To me it just looks like a natural adaption of the standard JS ready position.
    Last edited by YungChun; 04-11-2010 at 03:22 AM.
    Jim Hawkins
    M Y V T K F
    "You should have kicked him in the ball_..."—Sifu

si-hing I meant the kangaroo not the horse