Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: One feather cannot be added.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Since you all love to wear the emperor's new cloth. make my day. feel free.
    And since you want to be a smart a@ss tell me how this condescension applies to your "topic at hand"!

You have not adequately addressed even ONE of my comments in any of your responses. How is THAT staying on the "topic at hand"?

You have never responded adequately to any comment I have ever made on any thread because you are unable too! You are locked within your own fantasies about the marital arts, Ch'an, Tao and just about any other topic you comment on!

All you can do is make vague and cryptic remarks that make no sense and condescend to others!

If you want others to stay on topic, then set an example and stay on topic yourself and stop insulting others with your condescending remarks!

Get over yourself!

thx Scott. To Me Hendrik is like my nephew who already at 2 years old. She always ask what is that, what is this, how to be like that..

He starved about information.

to hendrik, i'm not looking for emperor's cloth. what i wrote just base on my truly experienced. i'm not seek for the rightness, and also i'm not push someone to believe my opinion.

i'm just try to share, perhaps it will be useful.

maybe you can start to share about your knowledge about one single feather cannot be added?

Quote Originally Posted by charlyws View Post
    thx Scott. To Me Hendrik is like my nephew who already at 2 years old. She always ask what is that, what is this, how to be like that..
    Hi charlyws,

Your contributions are appreciated by many of us.

Hendrik is an interesting fellow. He appears to be trapped within his view of the world system and cannot get out of it. He appears to be so bound by his narrow world view that he cannot conceive of any other view being valid.

According to his own comments on other threads he is trapped by the teachings he received from his teacher, who is dead now, and he cannot seem to get beyond that teaching. If it didn't come from his teacher or a teacher approved by himself, it must be foolishness according to his pattern of comments.

He is so sure of his narrow view that he is condescending to others. I like to mess with him in order to try to jar him out of his self imposed prison.

I believe he means well, he is just a bit immature and does not realize he is still a beginner. And not everything he says is completely false either, he is usually almost on the mark, but just off to the side a bit.

It is all training in my mind! I enjoy him for his contributions and his condescension just as I enjoy everyone else for their contributions and unique personalities.

I truly enjoy your contributions and also YouKnowWho's because you both are adding fresh perspectives on topics we have discussed here many times in the past. SPJ has been around for years and he always adds interesting comments as well!

Please continue to share what you can from your own experiences and from your shifu's teachings that you are permitted!

oo Thx Scott

Yes, hendrik is interesting fellow. i fell sorry for his teacher. i don't know that.

Hope this sharing will continue . so we could gain more knowledge .

Cheers,

Charly

The questions still remain,

What is One feather cannot be added means?
    How is that apply to practicing and Applying TaiChi?
    A rare quality to attain only because the bar is high enough and few actually reach it!

The below is one of the best concrete examples based on your question and it concerns Wu style taijiquan though it exists in all CMA to one degree or the next.
    SOme Shaolin systems have a similar strategy but, as usual, it ends up being fisticuffs!
    'Tingjin' (listening energy) is a facet but it is only a small part! You have to know what to do when /after you sense a direction and either set up to throw or use qinna or push away the opponent! My skill is still low but I am aware (I hope) that always possessing the mind of a "student" is good i.e. being open minded, observing, asking questions and researching and the ability to separate the wishing (BS) from what is real and acknowlwdging that chasm!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUmaFgzD2nk

Yup. That is what happen in reality.

the following is a great example too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf0DNMElas8

it is not just wishing game but how to make it happen since Jin is an application or Yoong, it must be specific.

Quote Originally Posted by mawali View Post
    A rare quality to attain only because the bar is high enough and few actually reach it!

The below is one of the best concrete examples based on your question and it concerns Wu style taijiquan though it exists in all CMA to one degree or the next.
    SOme Shaolin systems have a similar strategy but, as usual, it ends up being fisticuffs!
    'Tingjin' (listening energy) is a facet but it is only a small part! You have to know what to do when /after you sense a direction and either set up to throw or use qinna or push away the opponent! My skill is still low but I am aware (I hope) that always possessing the mind of a "student" is good i.e. being open minded, observing, asking questions and researching and the ability to separate the wishing (BS) from what is real and acknowlwdging that chasm!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUmaFgzD2nk
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-04-2010 at 08:29 AM.

Yup. That is what happen in reality.

the following is a great example too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf0DNMElas8

it is not just wishing game but how to make it happen since Jin is an application or Yoong, it must be specific.
    that is psychology.. if somebody can hit people from distance he must could hit "things" from distance too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKuXuDCPfds

that video, is possible only if you have gain your truly Qi. it can move things.

But, in that video the student is one early stage. so, the teacher help him using His teacher's Yin Qi which influence the Yang Qi of that student, so the student can move things.

In this video, The level of Yin Qi of that teacher is absolutely high.

I presume you are from South east asia likely Singapore.

There is a different between Taiji kung fuand Mau Shan magic.

We are talking Taiji and internal art here instead of Mau Shan magic.

Could you evoke your Zhen Qi at will? Hua Jin and fajin at will, if you have the cultivation then please share.

What is the key elements of evoking Zhen Qi, Hua Jin (dissolve jin), and Fa Ji ( issue jin) at will?

and What is Zhen Qi? What is Yin Qi?

If not then why speculate and trying to become an expert on something you dont know?

Quote Originally Posted by charlyws View Post
    that is psychology.. if somebody can hit people from distance he must could hit "things" from distance too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKuXuDCPfds

that video, is possible only if you have gain your truly Qi. it can move things.

But, in that video the student is one early stage. so, the teacher help him using His teacher's Yin Qi which influence the Yang Qi of that student, so the student can move things.

In this video, The level of Yin Qi of that teacher is absolutely high.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-04-2010 at 11:08 AM.

ICould you evoke your Zhen Qi at will? Hua Jin and fajin at will, if you have the cultivation then please share.
    Can you? If so please demonstrate for yourself instead of posting videos of others doing it!

What is the key elements of evoking Zhen Qi, Hua Jin (dissolve jin), and Fa Ji ( issue jin) at will?

You go first and WE will decide if YOU know what you are talking about!

If not then why speculate and trying to become an expert on something you dont know?
    Answer this yourself first and we will condescend to your ignorance too!

I presume you are from South east asia likely Singapore.

There is a different between Taiji and Mau Shan magic.

Could you evoke your Zhen Qi at will? Hua Jin and fajin at will, if you have the cultivation then please share.

Sorry, you're wrong. I'm not singaporean. I know there is difference between Taiji and Mo Pai.

SOrry, i'm not go into your trap.And i'll not give any detail about "HOW TO".. GOt It??

why don't you ask your sifu. if you don't believe just live on it. As long you don't open the eyes, your knowledge will be stuck at this current level.

So sorry to you, if you only know from fantasy history. To much FAJIN and so on in your head without noticing the important one.

I could only give you this

http://img64.yfrog.com/i/neijingtu.jpg/ try ask you if you feel you know about shen Qi, Yang Qi, Yin Qi, 3 types of Dantien , etc..
    Last edited by charlyws; 04-04-2010 at 11:39 AM.

why get into so much complexity if one really know it?

Just hold one's body in all movement with as much effort as if one extral feather is added or land on one's body the whole body is going to collapse.

That's it, precise and concise.

If one doesnt know this above, forget about Fa Ji. Hua Ji, Shen Ming, Awareness........etc. Those are just talks because one really doesnt have never done any true practice.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-05-2010 at 11:58 AM.

You mean just like you did with your overly complicated post on Jin on the Taiju Quan Lun thread!

Hypocrisy is the only thing you are good at isn't it? It must be your sifu who teaches you this!

Just hold one's body in all movement with as much effort as if one extral feather is added or land on one's body the whole body is going to collapse.

No! It is a stupid analogy! Try again... but I will help you first!

If you "hold" your body "with effort" you are working too hard and thinking too much about it. You do NOT "hold" your body. It is just there empty of intent or tension/stress.

Do NOT try to hold it and do not use any effort at all. Otherwise you are just a beginner and it is okay til you learn from your practice.

If the body collapses or even if it is merely "as if it was going to collapse" this is over reaction from a tense mind and shows you are still a beginner.

One responds spontaneously (which means appropriately and without aforethought) to the lightest touch. It is not even necessary to be touched. If one responds to the intention of the opponent prior to being touched, or even prior to an outward manifestation of intent or movement this is correct sensitivity.

To respond appropriately means in any way that neutralizes the attack. It might mean meeting the force, dissolving the force, redirecting the force or avoiding the force.

If one does not know this above forget about Fa ji, Hua ji Shen Ming, Awareness......etc.

Those are just talks and empty noise of jabbering old men with no proper sifu to teach them uselessly!

If one doesnt know this above, forget about Fa Ji. Hua Ji, Shen Ming, Awareness........etc. Those are just talks because one really doesnt have never done any true practice.
    Keep practicing and maybe someday you will understand, but I know you need your sifu to tell you!

hmm.. if one doesnt know about the proper basic , forget about fajin, Jin, Shen Ming etc..

by now, Hendrick has not only had a feather added, he's been tarred, feathered and run out of town on a rail!

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    by now, Hendrick has not only had a feather added, he's been tarred, feathered and run out of town on a rail!
    Ahhhhhhh!! The good old American West of the 1800's!

I miss those days.....when men were men and women were women.........and couldn't vote!!!!!

<did I just say that out loud>