Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: World Tai Chi and Qigong Day

Saturday April 28 2018

We might not doing anything official for WTCQD this year at this point due to scheduling conflicts, but check out the Bill Douglas' official site. It's been updated and has this cool events map.

World Tai Chi Day Events Around the World
    Hover over one of the markers (it takes a while) and the name and location of the event will appear. These events are from previous years (and not every event is listed) for illustration purposes only. Use the search above to find current events. (Someday, we will get the current listings in a map like below, but for now you will have to live with a text listing by country and state or province.)
    It's a little buggy so if you visit the site, click 'events' on the topmost nav bar to see the map.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Anyone do anything for WTCQD?

I did my daily qigong like usual and then visited LA's Chinatown for the first time.

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

WTCQD is April 27 2019

It struck me as kind of funny that this Tai Chi-a-thon was off by one day.

Oklahoma Healthy Aging Initiative (OHAI) to Host the 2019 Statewide Tai Chi-A-Thon
    Special to The Banner Apr 15, 2019

OHAI will host their first annual Statewide Tai Chi-A-Thon fundraiser on Friday, April 26th. This event will be held from 9 a.m. to noon at five locations across the state (Oklahoma City, Durant, Enid, Catoosa, and Lawton). Registration is $40 and includes a free event t-shirt for those registered by April 5th.

Tai Chi is a series of gentle physical exercises and stretches. Generally safe for all ages and fitness levels, Tai Chi can help older adults reduce their risk of falling, while also increasing balance and flexibility. Health benefits include reduced blood pressure, better sleep, improved muscular strength, and enhanced mental well-being. It does not matter how strong, flexible or active you are – Tai Chi is designed for people of all ages and levels of health.

OHAI is committed to enhancing the health and quality of life of older Oklahomans and their caregivers through community classes, workshops and professional trainings. Proceeds of the Tai Chi-A-Thon will help OHAI continue to reach all 77 counties across Oklahoma with health education classes and resources.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

ttt 4 2019!

It's tomorrow. Anyone doing anything of note? I'll do some Tai Chi & Qigong for sure. But I always do some Qigong. My Tai Chi is pretty sporadic.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

ttt 4 2020

Anyone doing anything during the pandemic? I mean aside from just reciting some Tai Chi & Qigong?

I do some qigong every day so to sound very cliche, every day is qigong day.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

ttt 4 2021

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Our newest web article

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Hwtcqd!

Happy World Tai Chi & Qigong Day!

Hope y'all are practicing something today (like usual, I hope that too)
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

ttt42022

Might as well get this ttt-ed now...

Fundraiser set for World Tai Chi and World Healing Day
    News NEWS | March 24, 2022

Submitted to The Union
    Homer Nottingham strides into a meeting like a man half his age.

With the help of Kiwanis Club, of which he is a member, Nottingham is planning to honor World Tai Chi and Qigong Day on April 30 with a local fundraiser for Nevada County Media, a Grass Valley organization that offers free membership for any student wanting to learn to make video or audio recordings.

Nottingham, 83, attributes his youthfulness to his practice of Tai Chi and Qigong. Many know of him through his classes on at the Pioneer Park band shell in Nevada City.

Nottingham wasn’t always a Tai Chi master. In his earlier life he was a division vice president for American Express in the LA marketplace. On a business trip to Hong Kong in the 1980s, he was introduced to Qigong. After his return he took classes at Esalen in Big Sur and Omega Institute in New York. He then began teaching Qigong and Tai Chi when he retired in 2001, and has been teaching and training new instructors for over 20 years.

On their shared birthday (March 24) in 1978, Nottingham met his wife-to-be Jan during a real estate transaction. Attracted by her “extraordinary beauty and friendly attitude,” he asked her to dinner to celebrate their mutual birthday. They were married exactly one year later.

Together they keep up on their Qigong/Tai Chi practice and run Vital Energy Arts. Through their business, at various venues, Homer teaches classes and workshops and trains new instructors, and Jan does expressive arts workshops.

“Qigong/Tai Chi keeps us in tip-top shape and keeps us young,” Nottingham said. “We are both in great shape and enjoy a productive and fun life because of our practice.”

On April 30, World Tai Chi and Qigong Day, Nottingham will hold a fundraiser at Pioneer Park, 421 Nimrod St., Nevada City. The event will include food, Tai Chi and Kung Fu demonstrations, a performance by the Grass Valley Taiko Drummers, and Nottingham’s classes in Tai Chi and Easy Ageless Tai Chi/Qigong.

There will also be a silent auction of items donated by local merchants and individuals. All proceeds will go to Nevada County Media, where Nevada County students are eligible for free membership. There, they can learn how to record, edit, and share video and audio projects. NC Media provides all training and use of equipment to members.

“World healing is the goal of World Tai Chi Day,” Nottingham said. “All over the world, in every town and country, we will be coming together for ‘One World-One Breath.’”

Tai Chi demonstrations start at 9 a.m. April 30, followed by Easy Ageless Tai Chi/Qigong for all.

Source: Diane Miessler
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Is it Tai Chi or Taiji?

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Tomorrow!

What's everyone doing tomorrow? Anything?

I'm going to practice like I do every Saturday morning.

World-Tai-Chi-and-Qigong-Day
    World-Tai-Chi-amp-Qigong-Day
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips