Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alexander Fu Sheng

Blog Entries
    the sifu that taught fu sheng gus CLF was indeed a Buk Sing lineage master.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Greetings,

The article posted on the hungkyun link has a photo with Fu sheng standing next to the master I mentioned. The master is standing in the center of the photo.

mickey

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    the sifu that taught fu sheng gus CLF was indeed a Buk Sing lineage master.
    if Yun Yut Leung was a buk sing master, who was his sifu may i ask?

Blog Entries
    if he's not...then im only going off of what i was told. Is he a Hung Sing Guy? i heard from many people he's buk sing.

if you know...then what is his lineage?

I heard the same thing.

1st point.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/8860/fu1tw1.jpg

it mentions fu sheng learning ping kuen, sup ji kau da hand form

in buk sing we do not have sup ji kau da kune, we have sup ji kuen, and kau da kuen, not 2 forms joined into one.

sun wui clf and fut sun hung sing clf both have sup ji kau da kuen in their curriculum, as the one form and not 2 seperate forms.

2nd point.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/6884/fu2rb0.jpg

the bottom right hand corner with Fu Sheng in cat stance.

text reads " choy lei fut kuen ji diu ma yum charp"

but the hand shape he uses is a closed fist, not a leopard fist. original sun wui clf/ fut san hung sing clf used closed fist for 'charp chui'. It was my sijo tarm sarm that started to use charp chui with the leopard fist shape.

Im not saying my sijo tarm sarm invented the leopard fist(pau kuen) strike. pau kuen existed a long time before my sijo. but pau kuen and charp chui are different.

3rd point

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/6536/fu3qz9.jpg

photo middle right

txt reads 'yun yut leung sifu dik sei ping ma charp chui'

once again a closed fist.

grand master chen yong fa, great great grandson of founder of sun wui clf 'chan heung kung' also does 'charp chui' with a closed fist and not a leopard fist strike. he does however use 'pau kuen' aswell. which he does mention is different to 'charp chui'.

who is yun yut leung's sifu? i have recently asked elders that i know, none of them can tell me, however when i ask if he is buk sing, they say ' if he was buk sing then we would know for sure who his sifu is, we would've met him a long time ago, we have heard of him, afterall he does clf and he is related to 'yun nei' , but don't know who his sifu is."

i have used process of elimination to determine if fu sheng or yun yut leung sifu were of buk sing lineage.

i could be wrong, yun yut leung sifu could be buk sing, the way he does his charp chui is probably the way he prefers.

i have seen many different lineages of buk sing, and none of them do charp chui with a closed fist, let it be vertical horizontal or reverse vertical. afterall that is the signature punch of our sijo tarm sarm. Its what truly makes us buk sing, and not fshsclf or sun wui clf, the ability to use the charp chui like our sijo intended.

p.s the guys that have heard fu sheng was buk sing, could you possibly have confused the name with tarm sing, because tarm sing taisisookgung did also star in a few martial art films and was a buk sing practitioner
    Last edited by chasincharpchui; 03-31-2010 at 11:05 PM.

Blog Entries
    i could be wrong, yun yut leung sifu could be buk sing, the way he does his charp chui is probably the way he prefers.
    I don't believe i'm convinced that he's not. But, we all COULD be wrong.

I'm SURE Tam Sam didn't develop today's BuK Sing style Chop Choy over night. Knowing this, what do you think Tam Sam used before he Developed his panther fisted Chop Choy?

There are still BUK SING lineages out there that use "HUNG SING" in their name instead of buk sing. And your sijo Tam Sam was a diehard Hung Sing guy prior to his students suggesting that the name change.

It would NOT be so surprising to find BUK SING lineages that closely resemble what was taught in Fut San Hung SIng Kwoon.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 04-01-2010 at 07:23 AM.

Blog Entries

I did find this though

we are a step closer to finding out the truth about this mysterious sifu. Here are some links. I forgot where i saw him, and looked in the 1970's chan heung memorial magazine. As lots of CLF sifu's from other branches are mentioned here....he is too.

Front Cover

List of names (he's bottom left corner)

maybe we can see who his sifu is in here?

pictures

Chasin:

I never said Fu Sheng was buk sing only that his uncle-in-law was buk sing. I was told this from my sifu, who has those old CLF books from HK. I think Fu Sheng dabbled in a variety of things hung gar & clf, but I really don't consider him a clf guy. He was a movie actor in my opinion.

Peace.

we are a step closer to finding out the truth about this mysterious sifu. Here are some links. I forgot where i saw him, and looked in the 1970's chan heung memorial magazine. As lots of CLF sifu's from other branches are mentioned here....he is too.

Front Cover

List of names (he's bottom left corner)

maybe we can see who his sifu is in here?

pictures
    None of those shows his lineage.

Blog Entries
    back to the CLF part......we are still trying to find out what lineage the CLF teacher is from.

I don't believe i'm convinced that he's not. But, we all COULD be wrong.

I'm SURE Tam Sam didn't develop today's BuK Sing style Chop Choy over night. Knowing this, what do you think Tam Sam used before he Developed his panther fisted Chop Choy?

There are still BUK SING lineages out there that use "HUNG SING" in their name instead of buk sing. And your sijo Tam Sam was a diehard Hung Sing guy prior to his students suggesting that the name change.

It would NOT be so surprising to find BUK SING lineages that closely resemble what was taught in Fut San Hung SIng Kwoon.

the founders of the Buk Sing lineages that you speak of that still use the Hung Sing name, i believe were the ones that opposed the name change of our branch, from hung sing to buk sing, because they also had trained under other Hung Sing sifu's at the time. We are talking about 2-3 other Hung Sing sifus.

i'll give you a modern day example of the situation.

Sifu Frank McCarthy, if you have your own school correct?. If you were to train with Sifu Nick for a year or 2. And he decided to change his name of the school to X Kwoon, and he told you to change your " Hung Loong Kwoon, to his name, and you refuse to, but you would still continue to teach the material that you have learnt from Sifu Nick correct?

You have to remember that, we call 'sun wui', hung sing, buk sing - lineages. Back then they weren't considered lineages, they were school names.

On the topic of names, like sifu Frank McCarthy has pointed out, the Hung Sing Kwoon was involved with the boxing rebellion. The 'Hung' is associated with triads/rebels. even if you weren't and you used that name, people will just automatically assume that you are involved. so to avoid being in trouble for no good reason, they decided to change the name to Buk Sing Kwoon, because the school was located in Siu Buk. The name change had nothing to do with the exchanging of disciples between Ku Yu Cheung and Sijo Tarm Sarm.

the Buk Sing Kwoon also had a nickname (kung fu university) and Tarm Sarm's nickname was Kung Fu Professor. Why was it called that? Because alot of Tarm Sarm's students already had their own schools, some taught Jow Ga, Hap Gar, Lama, White Crane, Hung Gar. etc. They came to further and improve their ability in combat. And were taken in as students.

Naturally alot of sijo Tarm Sarm's peers(fellow hung sing) at the time recognised and respected his fighting ability. And also came to train with him[not as student] and all of them were in awe at his ability of just using 1 particular technique to defeat them, the charp chui. These peers in-turn incorporated their understanding of the material(eg. leen waan charp chui, hip movement, footwork etc) into their own schools.

This is why alot of people sometimes cannot tell the difference between lineages, they see alot of similarities. but step back in time, there was a distinct difference in how the buk sing kwoon moved compared to hung sing kwoon, it is still there today, you just have to have the eye to notice it.

One last point, sijo Tarm Sarm did not develop the buk sing style charp chui overnight, changing the hand shape was on the beginning.

What did he use before he developed the famous buk sing style charp chui? well there was alot of trial and error and lots of fighting, he wouldve used the charp chui the way it was originally and gradually modeled and chipped away the unneccessary movements, and incorporating footwork, which is distinctly seen in buk sing today.

Alot of the students wouldn't have been able to witness the full transformation of the charp chui(end product) the way Tarm Sarm intended, because it didn't happen overnight. Only a handful of the students could truly grasp the 'charp chui idea'. which is why not all buk sing lineages that you see today, can perform or give you a proper demonstration of buk sing charp chui or leen waan charp chui

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    is there an example of lien wan charp choy on the net?
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

not that i know of

Blog Entries
    and all of them were in awe at his ability of just using 1 particular technique to defeat them, the charp chui.
    ALL of the Hung Sing people? Chan Ngau Sing had more than 5000 students. you mean all 5000 + Hung Sing students came to AWE at Tam Sam's ability? chan ngau sing was also one of those feared fighters

What did he use before he developed the famous buk sing style charp chui? well there was alot of trial and error and lots of fighting, he wouldve used the charp chui the way it was originally and gradually modeled and chipped away the unneccessary movements, and incorporating footwork, which is distinctly seen in buk sing today.
    Yeah, Lau Bun did the same thing in some respects. but still, tam sam used what ever it was that His Hung Sing sifu taught him before his changes.

These peers in-turn incorporated their understanding of the material(eg. leen waan charp chui, hip movement, footwork etc) into their own schools.
    why do you insinuate that Hung Sing people didn't have any footwork, hip movement or anything like that? Hung Sing had some great fighters well. and i'm sure Chan Family had some back then too.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 04-02-2010 at 06:24 AM.