Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alexander Fu Sheng

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    why do you insinuate that Hung Sing people didn't have any footwork, hip movement or anything like that? Hung Sing had some great fighters well. and i'm sure Chan Family had some back then too.
    I don't think he's insinuating that. To me, it sounds like he is stating that Tarm Sam developed a very specific method of hip movement and footwork, which other schools may have also adapted, but are still signature moves to Buk Sing.

There is nothing wrong with trading, exchanging, and absorbing techniques from other schools into your own methods. Sifus have been doing that forever. Only recently have people closed their doors and eyes to outside styles, thus halting their own evolution and growth.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Blog Entries
    you might be right.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    ALL of the Hung Sing people? Chan Ngau Sing had more than 5000 students. you mean all 5000 + Hung Sing students came to AWE at Tam Sam's ability? chan ngau sing was also one of those feared fighters

Yeah, Lau Bun did the same thing in some respects. but still, tam sam used what ever it was that His Hung Sing sifu taught him before his changes.

why do you insinuate that Hung Sing people didn't have any footwork, hip movement or anything like that? Hung Sing had some great fighters well. and i'm sure Chan Family had some back then too.
    All the Hung Sing peers that went to visit him and train with him. i don't know the exact figure. but i doubt all 5000+ of chan ngau sing's students went to visit him. when i say peers, i mean the ones that were directly linked to him ie. Lui Charn's other students, who were sijo Tarm Sarm's sihingdai. but i'm not so sure who did/didn't visit him.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    I don't think he's insinuating that. To me, it sounds like he is stating that Tarm Sam developed a very specific method of hip movement and footwork, which other schools may have also adapted, but are still signature moves to Buk Sing.

There is nothing wrong with trading, exchanging, and absorbing techniques from other schools into your own methods. Sifus have been doing that forever. Only recently have people closed their doors and eyes to outside styles, thus halting their own evolution and growth.
    what he said

Blog Entries
    ok its all good.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better