Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Official Kung Fu Legends 2010 Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by xcakid View Post
    Yes it is. It's probably 1-2 mile from the hotel where they are having registration and seminars on Friday.
    The restaurant: http://www.twinpeaksrestaurant.com/ Let's go with 9PM late dinner and drinks.

If anyone else is interested. Post here. So far, we have

Gene
    Myself
    shoalin1
    I'll be bringing a few with me,

Master Shi Yong Fei (Zhang Xue Fei)
    and 3 of our students who are competing.

Peek @ Peaks

Twin Peaks again? Well, at least its close. Last year we were discussing the Sultan's Tent because it had swords and belly dancers - no nachos, but I can make do with nice paneer.

sha0lin1, you do know that Twin Peaks is a breastaurant, right?

Patty Sun of Chin Woo was kind enough to post an addendum to my workshop description that mentions I will be signing but you should bring your own books.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Twin Peaks again? Well, at least its close. Last year we were discussing the Sultan's Tent because it had swords and belly dancers - no nachos, but I can make do with nice paneer.

sha0lin1, you do know that Twin Peaks is a breastaurant, right?

Patty Sun of Chin Woo was kind enough to post an addendum to my workshop description that mentions I will be signing but you should bring your own books.
    I wouldn't have it any other way. Looking forward to meeting you Gene, my Master has sent a gift for you.

young folks

You youngsters have a good time, us old guys will already be cratering for the day....
    .... Skip

Which location of Twin Peaks are you all meeting at in D/FW? Quite a few in that general *area* and by area, for those not from Dallas, well never mind.

I am going to assume you are going to meet at the one in Plano, but then again I could be wrong. Can anyone verify so I can make it? Thanks.
    I have a signature.

Yes the Plano one Philbert. Its only about a 1 or 2 from the Holiday INn where the seminars and registrations are being held.

Hey Gene, you need a ride again? I can pick you up at the hotel like last year if you want. Not sure if you still have my cell, but you can send me a text if you do need a ride.

So now we have:

Myself
    Gene
    shaolin1
    Philbert

and again we are meeting up @ 9PM
    Last edited by xcakid; 06-24-2010 at 10:33 AM.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Quote Originally Posted by xcakid View Post
    Yes the Plano one Philbert. Its only about a 1 or 2 from the Hilton Hotel where the seminars and registrations are being held.

Hey Gene, you need a ride again? I can pick you up at the hotel like last year if you want. Not sure if you still have my cell, but you can send me a text if you do need a ride.

So now we have:

Myself
    Gene
    shaolin1
    Philbert

and again we are meeting up @ 9PM
    Correction, the seminars and registration is at the Holiday Inn Express, not the Hilton.

Quote Originally Posted by sha0lin1 View Post
    Correction, the seminars and registration is at the Holiday Inn Express, not the Hilton.
    Correct. Dunno why I was thinking hilton.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

I will need a ride, xcakid

And I don't have your number anymore. Or maybe I do in my email log. Do you have mine? I'll pm it to you now and you can txt me back so I have yours.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    And I don't have your number anymore. Or maybe I do in my email log. Do you have mine? I'll pm it to you now and you can txt me back so I have yours.
    got. will txt you in an hour or two. phone bat died.

Got your PM

We're golden. We'll see you fine gentlemen tomorrow eve for beer, nachos and some peak action.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Gene just texted me. His flight is delayed and therefore his seminar is being pushed back. I'm giving him a ride so we may be delayed in showing up for about a half hour. If you guys get there early, have a beer or two. We will be along shortly

Everyone should know what Gene looks like by now. I will be wearing my kwoons t shirt. It will say, Shaolin Wu Yi Institute. Filipino guy with shaved head.

Looks like his time for Seminar is now 8:30. We should be at Twin Peaks by 9:30 -10PM. Depending the participation on his seminar.

The seminar washed out

With the time delay, both my sem & Daniel Tomizaki's (on the same flight) were empty. Oh well. I'm now in the lobby (well, the web access room adjacent to the lobby) awaiting xcakid.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I am in the lobby of this fine establishment awaiting everyone
    I have a signature.