Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Kung Fu Legends 2010 Thread...

When the schedule goes up, you can decide. No pressure.

However, as for the restaurant, in the tradition launched by xcakid, we one rating higher than G. Breastaurants are totally PG. Maybe PG-13.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

ok Gene

Well, at least we will meet in your workshop....

Ya'll have a good time now....
    .... Skip

workshop schedule now up

Hello Gene;

The workshop schedule is now up on their site - and I will be able to take your class. I'll send my registration in today or tomorrow.

See you then.....
    .... Skip

I'm on Fri, Jun 25: 4:00pm - 5:20pm

It'll be fun to meet you, Skip J. I asked Patty to schedule me then so I'd have the evening free. Perhaps local xcakid can suss out a nice place for some late night eats and drinks. Maybe we'll get a few more than just you and me this time, eh xcakid?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    It'll be fun to meet you, Skip J. I asked Patty to schedule me then so I'd have the evening free. Perhaps local xcakid can suss out a nice place for some late night eats and drinks. Maybe we'll get a few more than just you and me this time, eh xcakid?
    Gene,

It sounds to me that there's a little Canadian in ya, eh !!

Blog Entries
    I have participated that event for the past 10 years. This is is the 1st time that I won't be able to go.

registration in the mail

Hey Gene;

Mine's going out today.

Perhaps you can get some other folks in the class too?????
    .... Skip

I requested Fri afternoon or early evening (that way we can all go out for nachos after, right xcakid? )

Yeah it would have to late that Friday cause there is a belt test at our kwoon that I have to sit in for. We typically start @ 6:30 and get done around 8:30 - 9:00 PM. Luckily, Twin Peaks is open till 11:00 or Hooter is open till Midnight.

Wanna be the special guest judge at the test Gene?
    Last edited by xcakid; 05-06-2010 at 11:54 AM.
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

http://www.legendsofkungfu.com/seminars.html

GENE CHING

Gene Ching is the Associate Publisher of Kung Fu Tai Chi Magazine and www.KungFuMagazine.com, the largest English-language magazine and website exclusively devoted to Chinese martial arts. He has authored hundreds of articles and videotapes on the martial arts. Since 1998, Gene has worked full-time in the martial arts as a school manager, weapon maker, antique sword dealer, freelance writer and snake oil seller. He recently published a new book, Shaolin Trips, which documents over a decade and a half of research on Shaolin. He has been covering Taiji Legacy and Legends of Kung Fu for Kung Fu Tai Chi since 2000.

• How to Write a Cover Story - Fri, Jun 25: 4:00pm - 5:20pm
    It is the most asked and least welcome question at Kung Fu Tai Chi Magazine: How do I get my master on the cover? If you have to ask, you’ll never know. Cover stories are the most coveted articles for any magazine. Gene has written numerous cover stories, not just for Kung Fu Tai Chi, but also for other magazines back when he was freelance. Gene will discuss the intricacies of constructing cover stories, especially in the current newsstand market, along with principles about how to write about the martial arts in general. You’ll learn what editors are looking for in a cover story or any article submission. You’ll also learn how to read between the lines to get at what authors are really saying, as well as how to write between the lines to say what you really want to say.

Tel: 510-656-5100 x137

that'll do it

Thanks kfson... well done!
    .... Skip

I'm honored by the invitation xcakid

However, I must decline. I'm a horrible judge. I'm way too critical in such situations. I've been kicked off judging panels because I score too low. I do appreciate the offer.

Thanks for your support, Skip J. & kfson. I look forward to seeing you there.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

hey Skip:

having met Gene in person, I'd be happy to get you up to speed on the pre-requisite rites of obeisance and gratitude (including the live nacho-cheese sacrifice) prior to actually coming into his immediate presence;

I also suggest SPF 50+ sun block and UV shades to mitigate the emanating radiance...

aw shucks, tgy

I'm just an ordinary guy living in an extraordinary world. Please pass the nachos.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by kfson View Post
    I'll be there.
    I'll be wearing one of these:
    where does the card go and how do you get a receipt?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    having met Gene in person, I'd be happy to get you up to speed on the pre-requisite rites of obeisance and gratitude (including the live nacho-cheese sacrifice) prior to actually coming into his immediate presence;

I also suggest SPF 50+ sun block and UV shades to mitigate the emanating radiance...
    Just don't tell him you're Canadian. He might charge you more for the handshake