Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wang Kiu has Passed Away

Wang Kiu has Passed Away

Sad news.

Sympathies and condolences to family, students, friends, and the community.

Rene

Begin forwarded message:

I have just been notified that:

SiGung Wang Kiu, early "core" student of Yip Man (with Wong Shun Leung, Tsui Shung Tin, Lok Yiu), co-establisher of the famous challenge matches that built Yip's school, writer of the articles publicizing these matches, private student, introducer of Wing Chun to the Netherlands, etc, etc,
    and my teacher,
    passed quietly today at about 11:15am local time, Den Haag.

--
    Sao Jong (Hold the CenterLine)
    Herbert Maier, Ph.D.

Amitofou!

May he go to the Pure Land.

May Amitaba Buddha lead him to peace.

miss you sigong

gonna miss his sharp and lightning fast hands, his vast volume of WCK stories (that no one in the planet can tell WCK stories better than he can) and his great sense of humour.

It's definitely a sad day for the Wing Chun community. All the best through this hard time, and condolences to the family and friends.
    Nothing is harder to see into than people's nature. The sage looks at subtle phenomena and listens to small voices. This harmonizes the outside with the inside and the inside with the outside.
    --Zhuge Liang--

樱花瓣在飘零 这悲凉的风景
    长袖挥不去一生刀光剑影

My respects to his family.

Rest In Peace, Shifu
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Hello,

Always sad when someone of this stature passes on.

Best wishes to his family and extended Wing Chun Family.
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

R.I.P.

I never met Wang Kiu, so I always had a near mythical impression of him. When I think of Yip Man Wing Chun, I think of 5 descendants: Moy Yat, because I studied in his lineage; Tsui Sheung Tin, because I saw him do something friggin' amazing; Wong Sheung Leung, because he's held up as a Wing Chun fighter and was Bruce Lee's main teacher; and Wang Kiu, because I heard a story about him being the guy who set up the rooftop fights. I heard he also fought himself.

Doing a bit of searching online, I realize that he was much loved by his students. A bit more searching, and I find that he was regarded by Tsui Sheung Tin as "the pillar of Wing Chun," meaning he regarded him as having learned all that Ip Man had to offer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9DOS...layer_embedded

I extend my condolences to his family, friends and students.
    "It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own." -Cicero

Sorry to hear of the passing of Sifu Wang Kiu. R.I.P.
    http://www.facebook.com/sifumcilwrath
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sifumcilwrath

There is no REAL secrets in Wing Chun, but because the forms are conceptual you have to know how to decipher the information..That's the secret..

Respects and Condolences
    'Get In, Get Done, Get Out'

May he rest in peace.

Also, a not widely discussed student of Yip Man, Sifu Ng Chan (伍燦), also passed away last year September 2008.

Another sad time for Wing Chun.

I never met Wang Kiu but he hopefully his students will carry on his fine reputation.

I did spend time with Ng Chan and his students in a social setting and I found him to be a very interesting guy. Some people just have an aura about them and you know they are good!

Paul
    www.moifa.co.uk

Rest In Peace Sifu Wang

My thoughts are with the family of Wang Kiu, and all those who will miss him.

Another great teacher leaves us.

May all Wing Chun grow under their guidance from the heavens.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by Muteki View Post
    May he rest in peace.

Also, a not widely discussed student of Yip Man, Sifu Ng Chan (伍燦), also passed away last year September 2008.
    hello,

you are saying that your father learned wing chun with ng chan. can you ask him if he knows ki ping pun,he is my friend and sifu.i trained myself few times with ng chan in hong kong and in france (from where im native) when he came to visit us
    i can confirm to you and to people interesting in wing chun that he was the more accomplished student of yip man ,to who he gave most of his knowledge and know how in wing chun,like the kicks.
    authentic wing chun is not really what you see ,in the movements ,it is more what you dont see in the way to become free of the movements and to organise your strength regards your will
    and thats the problem of wing chun today,because what people think of wing chun to be very efficient and impressive,they cannot achieve it against other syle more basic .
    the reason is that they perfomed only movements ,and they teach only movements because nobody teached them the know how of wing chun
    so ,in a way ,what people are practising today is not the authentic wing chun of leung chan or yip man
    this wasnt the case of ng chan ,and of his closest student ki ping pun which one was living with him
    Im open to any question or discussion
    regards