I've been reading this forum for a couple of years. I rarely post as I am pretty young in wing chun and I never feel like I have much to add. Especially when you have guys like Phil, Victor and Joy that are really saying more then I ever could. What does amaze me is how a forum full of Wing chun people can be so full of wing chun bashing. I mean theads about chi sao and other techniques are basically all trashing the very back bone of wing chun IMO. I get it we need to train realistically. I don't think there is person on the board that can't get behind that.

What I'm asking here is if you see so many issues with wing chun and it's practices then why train it at all? Guys llike T train wing chun but then bash it every chance they get. Why? If it isn't working for you and the ideas and techniques simply do not work then why the heck are you training it.

Let me start off by answering this question myself. I train wing chun because I feel it is the best fit for me. I enjoy it's simplicity. Well that was at frist until I realized after a year or two how deep the system really was. Now I enjoy that depth. To me it's simple direct and effective. But that's my experience and it would appear that not everyone has that same point of view. That and the second I saw chi sao on youtube I was sold. It just looked like fun. Way more fun then all those kick boxing classes I was taking when I was a kid. I'm not trying to be a warrior or a MMA guy or anything of the sort. I spar because I want to know what I'm learning will work. So far the sparring has shown me that as long as I don't mess up it does work. But again this is my experience and everyone has their own.

So why do you train wing chun? What attracted you to it originally? What keeps you coming back week after week to train?