Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Standing Meditation

You dolt! If this were true every sailor, high construction worker, rock climber, and mountaineer would die because the wind would upset their tender Chi balance! If meditating in the wind causes a person imbalance of any kind it is due to a preexisting infirmity or over-exposure!

There is nothing different or special about meditating in the wind than any other activity.

You are completely ignorant!

Start living in the 21st century!

I am not talking about imbalance.

I am talking about when Qi and physical body open up in a certain condition, the Wind can penetrate in with no shield, if it unfortunately get into the bone or the internal organs then That cause big problem.

This could even happen if one doesnt settle the body down one's body to normal state before walk into windy area after the meditation.

Stop using your mind to speculate on what you dont know.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 04-03-2010 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post

I am talking about when Qi and physical body open up in a certain condition, the Wind can penetrate in with no shield, if it unfortunately get into the bone or the internal organs then That cause big problem.

This could even happen if one doesnt settle the down one's body to normal state before walk into windy area after the meditation.
    As I already said, “THAT IS CALLED EXPOSURE!” It has nothing to do with Chi, or meditation, it has to do with OVER exposure to the elements and occurs no matter whether one is meditating of fishing or rock climbing or running, etc.

Probably ought to follow your own advice before you try dishing it out to others!

I have full confidence in what I speak about because I KNOW it first hand! YOU on the other hand are trapped by your robotic rainbow fantasy mind!

In additional, there are big different between sitting and standing and laying down meditation. and how to deal with it.

When one does Standing meditation, if the person get deep enough into the alter state or pay attention to a certain part of the body, the body could move or propel. Without knowing how to deal with those stuff cause problem.
    I have done that one too! I had perfect control, no problem!

If you have this problem that is because your own robotic fantasy rainbow dream has trapped you into a fantasy belief! If you believe it your robotic fantasy rainbow dream mind will help make it so for you! Do not impose your ignorance and limitations on to others!

Awareness Awareness Zen Zen, most 99% just talking Zen. The body and Energy called it prana, Qi, kundalin....etc will activate if one get to a level, and it doesnt have to be that advance a level. But the Talking Zen and Talking Awareness group are clueless because they have never been there at all. No kung fu and clueless about the alter state. Then, instead of shut up keep B$ing here like an expert to mislead the hell out of others or even endanger others by providing misleading information.
    You are the only clueless one here Hendrik. You speak only what you have been taught, which is speculation about what you think you understand and nothing that you have directly experienced. I on the other hand have directly experienced what I speak about. I don’t accept your rainbow fantasy! Therefore your fantasy effects do not affect me! Quit trying to scare beginners with your children's fairy tales!

If one needs deep samadhi, one will not do it standing. one will sit so that when one moves into deep awareness one can drop one's body and mind. with standing if there is a mistake one could fall and injure oneself.
    The “deep Samadhi” you are speaking of is a children’s level. It is not actually deep Samadhi, it is spiritual drunkenness. It would behoove everyone to avoid standing, driving and other risky behaviors when drunk!

Since you have never been in deep Samadhi you wouldn’t know. You are speculating with your robotic rainbow fantasy mind spinning dreams of monsters!

Just basic cultivation knowledge if you dont have it dont B$ing and screw others up on others expense.
    I would call that basic fairy tale fantasy used to scare children!

It is time to grow up and move beyond your children's fantasies and act like an adult!

thanks scott... i was gonna rip hendrik, but there is no need to - you did just fine... training in the wind is my friend, then again i am tiger and that means i am the wind.

yeah... i wouldn't listen to any of hendriks "advice", it's clearly outdated in ignorance.

This could even happen if one doesnt settle the body down one's body to normal state before walk into windy area after the meditation.

I know what hendrik meant. In south east Asia , local citizens knew this kind of ilness, some said that "enter the wind". Means the wind go into the body. Some people with extraordinary body can heal it by himself, somepeople don't.

In south east asia, there are cure to this kind of ilness, by using a coin and oil and rub your back until the back is colored red.

Yes, for this point i agree with hendrik. some people who has a weak body, who doesn't like chilli maybe will come into some major problems.

If the wind in the body stay for long time, i could affect your internal organs.

Tradtional ways, just rub your back with coin and oils. or eat ginger and chillies a lot until your inside body feels hot and then you will start sweating. or train to develop Neigong.

Quote Originally Posted by charlyws View Post
    Tradtional ways, just rub your back with coin and oils. or eat ginger and chillies a lot until your inside body feels hot and then you will start sweating. or train to develop Neigong.
    my traditional way is to drink some beer to warm up.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    my traditional way is to drink some beer to warm up.
    hehe but remember not to drunk.. otherwise you'll gonna be drunken master heheh

There must be something in Asian culture that is preoccupied with chills. It is understandable since chills are a sign of elevated temperature.

My wife is a Filipina and she would caution me to not sit around in my wet workout clothes because it would give me chills and I would get sick. Of course I have done just that, sit around in wet workout clothes, for some 40 years and I have never been sick as a consequence.

However, wet clothes on a cold day is very well known to increase the likelihood of getting sick. Once again, this is due to exposure, and a reduced immune system which can occur right after a particularly strenuous workout session.

So the tradition is not necessarily "completely" without merit....it is just based upon wives tales/superstition borne of a lack of medical knowledge. It is advice that would have been important to follow 500 years ago, but is pretty much without foundation today due to our current understanding of modern medicine and human physiology!

I have walked 20-30 miles in the middle of winter in sub-freezing temperatures with nothing but a light jacket and cotton socks sweating the whole way and didn't get sick!

woww means that you have great body. lucky you have that.

woww means that you have great body. lucky you have that.
    I appreciate the thought, but I had a predisposition to over training when I was younger and respiratory infections since childhood. I usually cough for a few months after i get a cold.

It is just general good health, borne of exercise and eating properly I think and I live in California where the weather is temperate, although I walked the 20-30 miles in Wisconsin, alone, in the middle of the night. I didn't get cold til I stopped walking.

Like I said, it is over exposure that causes illnesses in most of these cases and also an impaired immune system which can happen from over training and other challenges such as poor diet, lack of sleep, emotional stress, etc.

It could be much much more then that.

Talk about Zen...etc. meditation...etc. look at what is the reality record of Zen/Chan patriach the Late Ven HsuYun or Late Ven Hsuan Hua who has capabilities to stay in meditate days and week.

Talk is cheap. reality is reality.

I know what hendrik meant. In south east Asia , local citizens knew this kind of ilness, some said that "enter the wind". Means the wind go into the body. Some people with extraordinary body can heal it by himself, somepeople don't.

In south east asia, there are cure to this kind of ilness, by using a coin and oil and rub your back until the back is colored red.

Yes, for this point i agree with hendrik. some people who has a weak body, who doesn't like chilli maybe will come into some major problems.

If the wind in the body stay for long time, i could affect your internal organs.

The “deep Samadhi” you are speaking of is a children’s level. It is not actually deep Samadhi, it is spiritual drunkenness. It would behoove everyone to avoid standing, driving and other risky behaviors when drunk!

Since you have never been in deep Samadhi you wouldn’t know. You are speculating with your robotic rainbow fantasy mind spinning dreams of monsters!

Keep arguing on things you dont know and have no experience.

˙˙˙ǝɥǝɥǝɥ ˙˙˙ןןɐ ʇı ʇsoן sɐɥ ʞıɹpuǝɥ ʞuıɥʇ ı

It could be much much more then that.

Talk about Zen...etc. meditation...etc. look at what is the reality record of Zen/Chan patriach the Late Ven HsuYun or Late Ven Hsuan Hua who has capabilities to stay in meditate days and week.

Talk is cheap. reality is reality.
    there are a lot of meditator who could meditate even in months or years

yup until you know what reality is. read is cheap. experienced is experienced

there are a lot of meditator who could meditate even in months or years

yup until you know what reality is. read is cheap. experienced is experienced
    hendrik seems to be insecure in his beliefs because he tends to ask alot of questions that when are anwered starts crying on how the answers are wrong in his eyes... hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by uki View Post
    hendrik seems to be insecure in his beliefs because he tends to ask alot of questions that when are anwered starts crying on how the answers are wrong in his eyes... hahaha.
    hahahaha..